Expertise @ 50 does nothing...sad PvP days

warkat

I agree i got 417, an imperial agent comes up to me in stealth knocks me down crits me for 6.7k and 7.8k and i am dead, sounds really fair right? It does really nothing, unless you play against lower lvls but against bh's and agents as an inquisitor healer is just dumb, i understand LOS and doing as much as i can to play around other class's abilities. However it is impossible to react when an agent 2 shots you before you can react because of the stun that to me is unbalanced, and that dmg is just from one player so if there is a 2nd player targeting you, its insta death. i agree, there should be a high burst dmg in the game but not to the point where its a "i win button, 1 button class i beat the game."

the BH's / Agents and mirror class's of them seem to do the most DPS and be the most dominate out of all the WZ i am in, they need to be nerfed or the other 2 class's need to be buffed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree i got 417, an imperial agent comes up to me in stealth knocks me down crits me for 6.7k and 7.8k and i am dead, sounds really fair right? It does really nothing, unless you play against lower lvls but against bh's and agents as an inquisitor healer is just dumb, i understand LOS and doing as much as i can to play around other class's abilities. However it is impossible to react when an agent 2 shots you before you can react because of the stun that to me is unbalanced, and that dmg is just from one player so if there is a 2nd player targeting you, its insta death. i agree, there should be a high burst dmg in the game but not to the point where its a "i win button, 1 button class i beat the game."

the BH's / Agents and mirror class's of them seem to do the most DPS and be the most dominate out of all the WZ i am in, they need to be nerfed or the other 2 class's need to be buffed.

Because he still died, it is pathetic.

Sounds like he might be the one that's pathetic considering I've been seeing a lot of 50's with pvp gear in WZ's lately, and 1v1 haven't really seen anything special. Only really get trucked by them when there's a group.

Bad players blame others for their problems, call for nerfs, say certain things are op, and say stats are useless when they clearly are not. This is a clear case of a bad being whiny and then calling everyone trolls when they call him on being bad. Learn to play, adapt or die, those are your only options here mate. Edited by Aghar

Finally someone who is actually geared talking on the subject instead of lvl 30's speaking like they know anyways...Untill i see one of you lvl 30's actually playing on a 50 thats at least 300+expertise dont even talk about what you dont know the mitigation is crap in this game.

And to the bad comments http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Tenks/simple im multiple glad war in wow kind hard to get that without keybinds and being bad...its game mechanics on how bad expertise is not my playstyle...6k openers and 800 a tick channeled pewpew isn't going to save you even if are Hydra good...

Edited by warkat

Finally someone who is actually geared talking on the subject instead of lvl 30's speaking like they know anyways...Untill i see one of you lvl 30's actually playing on a 50 thats at least 300+expertise dont even talk about what you dont know the mitigation is crap in this game.

I have a question, how do you know what level these people are, or what gear they have, I don't think they implemented an armory, and more than likely you are going with the idea that if someone disagrees with you they have to be wrong and suck, just like my 5 year old brother.

Also this is not wow, you are not a wow warrior, you are playing swtor, the play style is different, your abilites are different, healers are not gods, heavy armor =/= win. If you are playing your char like a wow warrior you are doing something seriously wrong.

Edited by Aghar

Again as with my previous post, this is more your problem than anyone elses. Everyone is always going to have classes they can't beat. Not because the classes themselves are unbalanced but because people would rather complain that they can't beat classes opposed to actually learning how to take them on. Having a 32 or 33 Inquisitor I've played both as a healer and in the Madness spec as a dps and can say that no class really ever gave me a lot of trouble. Yes this will happen to you eventually it's just bound to. But if it's happening enough that you're constantly getting owned this way, then that means you need to get better at pvp plain and simple. Sorry for not showing some sympathy, but I hate when good/potentially good games get screwed over trying to cater to people who can't hang with a certain aspect of the game.

And to the bad comments http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Tenks/simple im multiple glad war in wow kind hard to get that without keybinds and being bad...its game mechanics on how bad expertise is not my playstyle...

I think what the 30's are trying to point out is we're still rocking you 50's even with your better stats so it's clearly all of your issue not the messed up game.

I have a question, how do you know what level these people are, or what gear they have, I don't think they implemented an armory, and more than likely you are going with the idea that if someone disagrees with you they have to be wrong and suck, just like my 5 year old brother.

Also this is not wow, you are not a wow warrior, you are playing swtor, the play style is different, your abilites are different, healers are not gods, heavy armor =/= win. If you are playing your char like a wow warrior you are doing something seriously wrong.

Because I have friends on imperial side that are also lvl 50 geared we hit 50 on the 16th and geared up already...im republican btw.

No matter what: This is a DAOC style pvp set up,(not entirely but in meny aspects) means you depend on your group/teammates to cooperate, i know for a lot of WoW/Rift players its a new concept. Expertice is a help but not a game breaker...just like DAOC realmpoint skill buy.(in some ways, they did really help a lot...but so do 15 % dam. reduction)

I love the fact they killed off the pvp supermen, work togather as a team or die. More and More will learn this and begin to assist, to move right, to make use of position, to look at terrent placement, not break cc, communicate to gaine common goals ect.

Not just pewpew on redbull circkeling and jumpling around like idiots you will die fast if you play wow/rift style....ohhhh my god do i have to think pvp.....

yes you do.

And to the bad comments http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Tenks/simple im multiple glad war in wow kind hard to get that without keybinds and being bad...its game mechanics on how bad expertise is not my playstyle...6k openers and 800 a tick channeled pewpew isn't going to save you even if are Hydra good...

A person calling for nerfs to entire classes hold very little weight in discussions. One of those people agreeing with you doesn't really add to much.

• 1 month later...
Funny story when you are wearing all that expertise then try and hit or get hit by someone with around the same amount it is as if you where both wearing mediocre pve gear. +12-12. Gotta to love a stat designed to keep pvers outta your pvp not rely chaning pvper on pvper fights to much. Though it does make curb stomping new 50s a breeze.

I have a razer naga...keybinds r eZmode this doesn't change the fact you still get destroyed because expertise is so bad in this game and it doesn't help that snares/stuns dont have any Diminshing returns because it would require to much coding for bioware to do.

Resolve is fail but expecting to see snares on DR is also fail.

The problem is in this game with PvP is it hasn't really been thought out. Yes, the stat give does suck, the mtigation against damage from say BH, Operative, Shadow and Assasin was not gauged correctly by EA/Bioware when beta was going on.

12% is a very low percentage in PvP and should be upped to at least 25% with a full set of awesome PvP gear. I agree with the p.

now, I do not want the PvP expertise to be like Resilence in WOW "God like" but I think the developers can turn this after thought of a dynamic called PVp gear into something better.

On a note, I expect to see a lot more classes get the nerf bat soon, namely BH commandos and Consular/Inquisitors.

• 2 months later...

just read the first page so sorry if I missed anytthing.

u can purchase recruit pvp set which will give u 896 Expert' with decent stats (actually it was better then my lvl 50 gear).

on the other hand pvp got bit different something totally weird with the match up system such as un even team numbers etc..

I had to play 4-5 wz to get use to the difference and to adept try to become more sharp and learn about the changes of 1.2 and hope for the best.

• 3 weeks later...