Phantom Stride, beware of bumpy roads...

Exiled-Phoenix

I have been noticing that when i use phantom stride, anything that could get in the way will stop my 'teleport' to my target in my tracks.

A slight ramp on the floor or even the pillars at the fire traps on huttball are enough to stop you halfway, which ofcourse leaves you in a vulnerable place (especially on top of a fire trap...)

Is this intended or a bug in the mechanic/ something the Dev's overlooked.

Or am i the only on experiencing this?

I have been noticing that when i use phantom stride, anything that could get in the way will stop my 'teleport' to my target in my tracks.

A slight ramp on the floor or even the pillars at the fire traps on huttball are enough to stop you halfway, which ofcourse leaves you in a vulnerable place (especially on top of a fire trap...)

Is this intended or a bug in the mechanic/ something the Dev's overlooked.

Or am i the only on experiencing this?

It's not just you. I'm not sure about intended or not, but I've been jumping and double checking my line of effect to my target before using Phantom Stride.

Have a feeling its doing that because its not coded like the "Charge" JK and PT gets that every one is use to.

Well, those both jump in an arc to the target, we swoop in a straight line.

But ours is so fast, you don't really see any animation, its like you teleported with phase walk.

Until you hit a bump..

Jumping before PS is a good idea though, thx!

Well, those both jump in an arc to the target, we swoop in a straight line.

But ours is so fast, you don't really see any animation, its like you teleported with phase walk.

Until you hit a bump..

Jumping before PS is a good idea though, thx!

Yea, I noticed this last week. Been jumping before every use as well to remedy this. It's pretty stupid.

I had a comical experience with phantom stride as well. I was running through star fortress and arrived at the droid boss that spawns the adds. I miss judged the distance and PS'ed to one of his adds and went right off the edge to my death.

I got a laugh out of it. It does take a bit of practice to get it right.

its literally if anything is in the way.

like so

http://www.twitch.tv/thanil12/v/23305023

i pulled from further back on the ledge, and it failed to PS to Draxus.

during this pull, i pulled from a ledge back, and stood on the very end of it with a clear LoS and had no problems.

http://www.twitch.tv/thanil12/v/23305401

also, going up any steep hill, PS will fail to get you to your target.

http://www.twitch.tv/thanil12/v/23305946

Not sure if it is just me but....

In Hatred spec the level 48 passive skill "Bloodletting" is supposed to make Phantom stride give a 100% chance to proc Assassinate. It doesn't seem to be doing it no matter how I have tried, (With dots on/off)

Is it bugged?

In Hatred spec the level 48 passive skill "Bloodletting" is supposed to make Phantom stride give a 100% chance to proc Assassinate. It doesn't seem to be doing it no matter how I have tried, (With dots on/off)

Is it bugged?

Deception spec here :p the 3 charges for discharge always work.

Edited by Exiled-Phoenix

Is it bugged?

it should work just as long as you haven't had a bloodletting proc within 15 seconds of using it

Edited by CaraExas

I confirm that Deception has the same issues. Indeed it's not like a teleport but an absurd speed buff so if you have anything between you and ur target even in line of sight you can be stopped by objects.

But, sometimes I managed to teleport between differents levells..simetimes I couldn't do that..I don't know..seems bit tricky :\

it should work just as long as you haven't had a bloodletting proc within 15 seconds of using it

Yeah I assumed as much too, however, even when I am doing this.....

Precast Demolish>Discharge+Phantom Stride. It doesn't give the Assassinate.

Or even just using Phantom stride after Discharge for an opener.

I know these are not optimal openers, but I was testing them to see if the skill actually worked as intended and I cannot seem to get it to work.

Wait, the Stride gives Assassinate for Hatred? :eek:

I didn't know LoL, I'm just using Deception nowdays..indeed I was thinking about why Hatred didi't get any passives for Stride to use in rotation like Deception got..:D well nice!

Yeah I assumed as much too, however, even when I am doing this.....

Precast Demolish>Discharge+Phantom Stride. It doesn't give the Assassinate.

Or even just using Phantom stride after Discharge for an opener.

I know these are not optimal openers, but I was testing them to see if the skill actually worked as intended and I cannot seem to get it to work.

yeah, went to test it on my shadow. it worked. tested it on a sin. it worked.

i dunno m80

Operatives have the same issues; their thread is here.

A couple videos showing the weirder side of the glitches!

From Snave.

From Hottie.

So...yeah. Broken. Hopefully they can fix it, or at least just make it a straight teleport (it practically is already) and just code it as "Set Player (X,Y,Z) = Target (X,Y,Z)" and call it a day.

Operatives have the same issues; their thread is here.

A couple videos showing the weirder side of the glitches!

From Snave.

From Hottie.

So...yeah. Broken. Hopefully they can fix it, or at least just make it a straight teleport (it practically is already) and just code it as "Set Player (X,Y,Z) = Target (X,Y,Z)" and call it a day.

I wouldn't call it broken at all. It makes perfect sense that you need to keep line of effect for a teleport, considering you can do it off the GCD.

I wouldn't call it broken at all. It makes perfect sense that you need to keep line of effect for a teleport, considering you can do it off the GCD.

line of sight but not that if you have like..a small wall you stuck on it..it's a teleport, so basically you aren't passing though it..just change ur location instantly.

Nnnoo.. it doesn't. The ability has a long enough cooldown, combined with only being good to use situationally, that an actual mobility restriction like this.. is completely unnecessary and frankly retarded to even exist.

Whats the point of this ability if not mobility? Burst? Please..

Edit clarification:

Line of Sight sure. Yes, even. But it still has got to become a teleport, not this superspeed ********.

Edited by Evolixe

Nnnoo.. it doesn't. The ability has a long enough cooldown, combined with only being good to use situationally, that an actual mobility restriction like this.. is completely unnecessary and frankly retarded to even exist.

Whats the point of this ability if not mobility? Burst? Please..

Edit clarification:

Line of Sight sure. Yes, even. But it still has got to become a teleport, not this superspeed ********.

Agree, the tool tip it self reads like its a leap/charge. A gap closer getting stuck on a rock your toon can run over is not a gap closer.

another thing is that it always tries to place you behind the target and if the target's back is against the wall you glitch into the wall. And the only way to get out is to PS back out. :p It's only happened to me 2 times so it's not as game braking as preventing you from getting to yore target. witch by the way I also get

I once had the ball in queshball, was behind the acid on the side. I jumped and targetted an enemy on the other side and was somehow teleported to the acid on the first floor ... good times. (it probably teleported me under the platform and I then fell down to the acid or something...)

It's funny because right before that I was a little bit on the ledge in the exact same spot, I jumped and used phantom stride and was properly teleported to my enemy (and scored).

Edited by sithBracer