Bioware Austin proved they can write an amazing story, so what went wrong with SoR?

PavSalco

No suspense, a minor plot twist and the worst part - Revan and his "bipolar disorder". This all could have been redeemed with a grand finale but nope. Revan just merged and disappeared. There was nothing nostalgic about that last meeting. There was barely any interaction between Revan and Satele. The family's bonds are a powerful tool to convey any part of the story, especially when it comes to the endings and goodbyes. In KotFE they were executed perfectly. Why SoR failed then at this? Another thing that disappointed me was that neither Bastila's spirit nor the Exile's appeared to convince the dark side Revan to give up and merge with his other part. It was a perfect opportunity to put them into the game for one last time. They were hardly used in SWTOR and that what hurts me. That would be a beautiful final tribute and goodbye to KotOR. In KotFE the nostalgia of the past was real when I saw a certain Jedi Master talking to a certain ghost...

so what happened?

The lead writer Charles Boyd was replaced with a clone for the time when SoR was being written or what? I know they have a whole team of writers contributing to the story but they must have had to take part in SoR as well. I know Bioware couldn't use their budget to improve the quality of cutscenes for SoR since they were already working for KotFE to some extent but the writing itself is not anything like KotFE. It was one of the biggest disappointments.

Edited by PavSalco

Apparently it's been written by the same person who gave us the ultra dull and ultra woeful Commando story line. So it comes as no surprise that the dialogue and story is below par, especially as its taken a very long time for something 'new' to come to the game

Actually I liked the trooper's story and I find it the best out of the Republic but it's still inferior to any Imperial story. :rak_01:

Actually I liked the trooper's story and I find it the best out of the Republic but it's still inferior to any Imperial story. :rak_01:

I agree with that. I actually thought Trooper connected most with the "Republic values" than any other story. Of course, the Imperial Agent story trumps all! I have seen it over 15 times and have NEVER gotten sick of it.

i blame Revan fanboys.

They cried over his death in the foundry which i think was fine to end it on, but nooo, people were like "Revan is the most powerful thing since sliced bread how can he be killed by 4 no bodys like us".

so they chopped together a story to please those fans and we got the dull that is SOR.

Edited by Kaisernick

What I don't like about SOR is all the running around. And that you must do 6 dallies to run the final fight in solo mode (which everyones does).

It's gonna be much harder now to run SOR since the gear is trash now. Lore wise though, you have to run SOR to get to the Emperor line. Which is the good part IMHO.

Well look at the old class quests, some of them were really awesome but some of them don't.

SoR was ok but nothing special and KOTFE is amazing but I guess a one hit wonder.

I hope I am wrong but its hard to exceed expectations now ...

Edited by KnightOfTython