Exotic Isotope Stabilizer

Nasja

So, I don't complain about purchasing new schems but... here we go, every "good" crafted part seems to need this Exotic Isotope Stabilizer which describes it is found in Hard Mode Flashpoints.

And by the looks of it, it is ONLY found in HM FP's. Is this true? How come I can't find people complaining about that because I certainly do.

GTN prices for this are way too high to purchase them and I refuse to go spend my time running HM FP's, clicking need whenever it drops because we definately need them.

Will this bug be corrected next patch because, all crafting materials were available on the jawa scrap dealer before 4.0. I don't really mind how much material I have to spend but I do mind being forced into certain content.

How are your thoughts

One possible reason for few complaints is that, for a lot of us, we had significant quantities of older exotic materials that were converted into Exotic Isotope Stabilizers. For example, when KotFE launched I had 174 Exotic Isotope Stabilizerin my legacy cargo hold. So by the time I need them from HMFPs, I will have already acquired a number of them.

Another possible explanation is that most players are focusing on crafting item modifications, which in my experience have not needed Exotic Isotope Stabilizer; it's the ear, implant and relic pieces that require Exotic Isotope Stabilizer.

Thirdly, Exotic Isotope Stabilizer do drop from SM Ops bosses, and with a new daily op each day there are a lot players running ops every day.

Lastly, and this is in regard to GTN value, simply put you are looking at prices that are inflated. This happens at the start of every expansion. Some players will spend millions of credits to acquire what they feel they "need" and other players are quite simply taking advantage of the former group; the latter group is charging higher prices because they know there is a segment that will buy. If you have a little patience, as more players play HMFPs, the supplies will increase and value will fall.

Yeah I can do a lot of other stuff in the mean time so I wouldn't have to pay 25k per single iteam.

I do however hope that they will become available from the jawa scrap dealer which makes sense since.. before 4.0 I could craft dark projects by simply turning in the guild conquest reward for the items required to craft those.

Unfortunately, I only got 17 EIS when I logged in after the update.

One possible reason for few complaints is that, for a lot of us, we had significant quantities of older exotic materials that were converted into Exotic Isotope Stabilizers. For example, when KotFE launched I had 174 Exotic Isotope Stabilizerin my legacy cargo hold. So by the time I need them from HMFPs, I will have already acquired a number of them.

Another possible explanation is that most players are focusing on crafting item modifications, which in my experience have not needed Exotic Isotope Stabilizer; it's the ear, implant and relic pieces that require Exotic Isotope Stabilizer.

Thirdly, Exotic Isotope Stabilizer do drop from SM Ops bosses, and with a new daily op each day there are a lot players running ops every day.

Lastly, and this is in regard to GTN value, simply put you are looking at prices that are inflated. This happens at the start of every expansion. Some players will spend millions of credits to acquire what they feel they "need" and other players are quite simply taking advantage of the former group; the latter group is charging higher prices because they know there is a segment that will buy. If you have a little patience, as more players play HMFPs, the supplies will increase and value will fall.

1. A lot of us are solo players that don't run flashpoints and had none of the exotics. I've run some tacticals solo and with wife to get a feel for the flashpoints before running the HMs for exotics and found them to be boring and overly long; kind of mind numbing.

2. & 3. Unless I am missing something, all modifications from 208 on require the exotic mats as well. So effectively (except for augs), if you want to craft past level 186, you run HMs or Ops. All crafters are forced to do group content to lol craft. Maybe good for guild guys who farm HMs and Ops but not so much for the rest of us.

4. Not sure if that is true. It depends on how many people run the HMs and how many people actually buy them to craft and how many people are gearing up how many alts. On the other hand see 5. below.

5. My point not keyed to your post. Gearing at 208 / 216 is simple as pie since even non group stuff drops commendations (er crystals) like rain. All you have to do is run things like the Yavin 4 weekly and the heroric weeklys which require you to follow your companion around as he / she kills everything and some other simple stuff. So crafting the 208s and 216s is not really important or necessary.

1. A lot of us are solo players that don't run flashpoints and had none of the exotics. I've run some tacticals solo and with wife to get a feel for the flashpoints before running the HMs for exotics and found them to be boring and overly long; kind of mind numbing.

2. & 3. Unless I am missing something, all modifications from 208 on require the exotic mats as well. So effectively (except for augs), if you want to craft past level 186, you run HMs or Ops. All crafters are forced to do group content to lol craft. Maybe good for guild guys who farm HMs and Ops but not so much for the rest of us.

4. Not sure if that is true. It depends on how many people run the HMs and how many people actually buy them to craft and how many people are gearing up how many alts. On the other hand see 5. below.

5. My point not keyed to your post. Gearing at 208 / 216 is simple as pie since even non group stuff drops commendations (er crystals) like rain. All you have to do is run things like the Yavin 4 weekly and the heroric weeklys which require you to follow your companion around as he / she kills everything and some other simple stuff. So crafting the 208s and 216s is not really important or necessary.

In regards to your 5th point.

From what I recall crafting never was something that was ever needed, its always been a side-filler, something you did in order to fill a missing piece of gear but it never was a primary source of gearing up. Now for a time being, back when the game first launched crafting was a primary source for customization, but that has long since been gone.

Quite frankly, if you enjoy crafting and selling products in the market, a themepark MMO isn't the MMO you should be looking at. You should be looking at something that's more of a sandbox like Eve online. A past example of these games there were popular would be Star Wars Galaxies (never played it but heard of it) and Ultima Online (this one I did play) or perhaps the upcoming Albion Online.

If you find yourself in an MMO where the primary means of progress or gearing up is through the game itself (as in quests, drops, or npc vendors) then I can tell you that crafting will just be a side-step. Yeah people will do it and some people will make some money from it but the activities pales in comparison to the other games I mentioned.

Edited by Aricus

In regards to your 5th point.

From what I recall crafting never was something that was ever needed, its always been a side-filler, something you did in order to fill a missing piece of gear but it never was a primary source of gearing up. Now for a time being, back when the game first launched crafting was a primary source for customization, but that has long since been gone.

Quite frankly, if you enjoy crafting and selling products in the market, a themepark MMO isn't the MMO you should be looking at. You should be looking at something that's more of a sandbox like Eve online. A past example of these games there were popular would be Star Wars Galaxies (never played it but heard of it) and Ultima Online (this one I did play) or perhaps the upcoming Albion Online.

If you find yourself in an MMO where the primary means of progress or gearing up is through the game itself (as in quests, drops, or npc vendors) then I can tell you that crafting will just be a side-step. Yeah people will do it and some people will make some money from it but the activities pales in comparison to the other games I mentioned.

I am not sure that I see the point of your first paragraph. Early on crafting was indeed needed. That ended with the proliferation of moddable gear and comms falling like rain. Crafting was still needed for implants, ears, at certain higher levels relics, and to plug holes in the comm vendor gear. Crafting became "not needed" because the game design evolved into making it not needed. Until 4.0, crafting was still desirable if you wanted to make yourself and companions stronger than needed for the content and for weaker players that was important.

I am not sure why themepark and crafting are not compatible.

I am not sure that I see the point of your first paragraph. Early on crafting was indeed needed. That ended with the proliferation of moddable gear and comms falling like rain. Crafting was still needed for implants, ears, at certain higher levels relics, and to plug holes in the comm vendor gear. Crafting became "not needed" because the game design evolved into making it not needed. Until 4.0, crafting was still desirable if you wanted to make yourself and companions stronger than needed for the content and for weaker players that was important.

I am not sure why themepark and crafting are not compatible.

It wasn't even needed in the early stages. I got about 90% of my gear from other activities outside of crafting. The 10% still wasn't even needed was more like a bonus. Of course I speaking of prior to the comm changes, yeah comms were scarce back then, but I did fine with quest gear for the level grind which btw you had to do just about every quest in order to level appropriately which only meant more gear from quest rewards. As I got towards the endgame I just ran FP.

But there was a time period that crafting was more beneficial or 'needed' in a sense and that was when augmented gear would only appear from via crafting. After they added in augment kits crafting was pretty much wounded and only got worst when they added the CM and now this. Crafting was never the forefront of this game (and never is for a themepark MMO), the story was and for a time operations but they maybe phasing that down some too.

Finally, I never said themepark MMO and crafting were not compatible I was comparing the crafting activity from themeparks to sandbox and the activity and even the worth and effort pales in comparison against sandbox.

But I wonder have you ever played a Sandbox MMO?

Edited by Aricus

So, I don't complain about purchasing new schems but... here we go, every "good" crafted part seems to need this Exotic Isotope Stabilizer which describes it is found in Hard Mode Flashpoints.

And by the looks of it, it is ONLY found in HM FP's. Is this true? How come I can't find people complaining about that because I certainly do.

GTN prices for this are way too high to purchase them and I refuse to go spend my time running HM FP's, clicking need whenever it drops because we definately need them.

Will this bug be corrected next patch because, all crafting materials were available on the jawa scrap dealer before 4.0. I don't really mind how much material I have to spend but I do mind being forced into certain content.

How are your thoughts

There are already vendors that sell them for 25 or so glowing data crystals on Odessen and some of the other KOTFE content planets.

I checked The Harbinger GTN this morning and EISs are running 25k each. Considering you need 6 or more to craft something, that ain't cheap, but it is still VERY early in the xpac cycle, in a few weeks I'll bet they fall to 10k each, still slightly too high to purchase to turn around to sell crafted goods, but if you want to craft something for yourself it might be worth the investment. Another month after that, they'll be 5k or less (just like Exonium was in SoR).

Just need a little patience.

It really is rather ridiculous for basic crafting patterns to require multiples of an item only obtained from group content be they regular mode or hard mode. We are talking about basic blues you buy the pattern from your trainer here. That is a crazy design that will end up back firing on STWOR. Tying crafting to grouping is wrong. Most of the players who even see crafting as anything more than a side venture tend to be solo players. I won't quit the game over this change but I won't waste any more credits on training crafting recipes I am unlikely to use. This would be seeing a lot more complaints if more solo players actually used the forums.

As mentioned in another thread, apparently the shady looking guy on Odessen near the market area sells these for 25 glowing data crystals apiece (and someone else was complaining they had nothing to spend their excess glowing, so all seems good.... :))

As mentioned in another thread, apparently the shady looking guy on Odessen near the market area sells these for 25 glowing data crystals apiece (and someone else was complaining they had nothing to spend their excess glowing, so all seems good.... :))

I guess that all depends on whether solo players can get decent quantities of glowing crystals. Fact is you need six EISs to craft a single item, that's 150 crystals worth EISs

I checked The Harbinger GTN this morning and EISs are running 25k each. Considering you need 6 or more to craft something, that ain't cheap, but it is still VERY early in the xpac cycle, in a few weeks I'll bet they fall to 10k each, still slightly too high to purchase to turn around to sell crafted goods, but if you want to craft something for yourself it might be worth the investment. Another month after that, they'll be 5k or less (just like Exonium was in SoR).

Just need a little patience.

I wouldn't be so sure they will drop mostly due to the current supply coming from an influx of converted goods.

Also no real competitive top end gear that one can craft solely from crew skills so it's this or into the operation/conquest mats ...

I'm almost surprised it's so cheap at the moment.

Soft of like gifts taking a dive in price right now due to people using all their old fragments 1:1 - once those fragments are gone that's it ( unless people want to waste data crystals on it ) ideally I believe and prices will start hiking up again.

The 25 glowing crystal for 1 EIS is quiet a lot for a solo player since the Yavin Weeklys (not daily) gives less then 25, the heroic 2+'s give only 2 glowies, there is just the daily tact fp's that come close.

Anyway, I don't get why this isn't available from the jawa scrap dealer (artifact material) since that would encourage people to go for their personal conquest and be in a guild that often gets into the top 10 and still just play solo and may I remind everyone... that was how it used to be pre 4.0! Dark Projects could be crafted from the personal + guild conquest reward

Soft of like gifts taking a dive in price right now due to people using all their old fragments 1:1 - once those fragments are gone that's it ( unless people want to waste data crystals on it ) ideally I believe and prices will start hiking up again.

Would not bet the farm on that one.

One thing that was done in the expansion is the substitution of gifts for a lot of drops / quest rewards. The few days I played the expansion, I ended up with a ton of purple 5s and 6s, just by running the junk in the expansion.

So it seems that BW wanted to find a source of garbage drops / rewards and raised the affection / influence cap to 250K then gave giftes to get there. Slimy little eels those devs are.

Edited by asbalana

Anyway, I don't get why this isn't available from the jawa scrap dealer (artifact material) since that would encourage people to go for their personal conquest and be in a guild that often gets into the top 10 and still just play solo and may I remind everyone... that was how it used to be pre 4.0! Dark Projects could be crafted from the personal + guild conquest reward

They might become available eventually. Remember it took a few months for (formerly) grade 11 materials to show up on the jawas

Would not bet the farm on that one.

One thing that was done in the expansion is the substitution of gifts for a lot of drops / quest rewards. The few days I played the expansion, I ended up with a ton of purple 5s and 6s, just by running the junk in the expansion.

So it seems that BW wanted to find a source of garbage drops / rewards and raised the affection / influence cap to 250K then gave giftes to get there. Slimy little eels those devs are.

Oh that's what gets returned from sending your comp off with junk? I don't think I've picked that stuff up since I started playing lol.

• 2 months later...
I find this thread and its predictions of 10k and 5k EIS's amusing since they've doubled in price to 50K each now.

I am one of those and I admit I was wrong. The reason is twofold: supply and demand :p not enough supply and fairly high demand.

there are three sources of EISs: HMFPs (bonus and final bosses only; one each), and Ops (one from SM bosses, two from HM bosses), and vendor (25 glowing crystals).

And each crafted item requires 6 to 10 EISs. that's a LOT of glowing crystals to craft *A* piece of gear.

*cough* kinda called it, the converted obsolete materials market dried up and thus the supply dropped and cost went up.

Here's a wee pro tip for anyone who wants to get a bunch of these ( and if they can be bothered ).

You can still ( last I checked ) get the old mats from the old packs that had obsolete materials in them ( 1st/2nd possibly 3rd shipment packs for example ) so you can buy up packs or crates of these and get the rare items that are in them to begin with and as a bonus also get all these obsolete mats.

You then simply raise a ticket to get the mats converted because they are aware of the old pack bug but it's certainly not a priority to fix ( since soon enough the packs will be all gone ) so they manually convert them for you.

Took me a long time to get my conversion as it was just after 4.0 launch so super busy customer service but now you'll probably get better service.

Also keep an eye out on the GTN as people dump the obsolete materials from the packs super cheap not realising a simple ticket could convert them for them.

Why aren't I doing this myself? I don't like the items in those packs ( I buy other ones ), I've got more credits and items to sell for credits than I'll ever need so I'm always happy to offer up tips I've used in the past to make easy credits but can't be bothered doing again to others. :)