Stalking the score.

ronharshadow

I don't bother with Qyzen, Pierce/MK, or Lokin. I recruited Pierce/MK with my SW and Trooper, and Qyzen for my Consular. Other than that, I haven't bothered to get Lokin, or trouble myself with those companions for the other classes. I dislike PvP, I don't like teaming up with people, and I don't feel like going through all that trouble to get a companion I was never that attached to in the beginning. My one concern is that going forward, in order to get new recruitment alerts, you'll have to finish recruiting all the others, which does not appeal to me at all. I hope they don't do that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've found is that the trying to get 20 Jaggannath point by killing the single Creatures Worthy of Jagannath is next to impossible at certain time of the day with people camping the respawn spots thinking that because they're camping that spot no one else is allowed to get it when it respawns :rolleyes: I was running around one night in the Highmount Ridge area and literally had someone whisper me to get lost as this was "their" spot and not mine.

I've been joining groups for the WB's but these groups are starting to die off a little now so it's getting harder and harder for alts to do WB's when no one wants to do them anymore as they already have Qyzen.

The combo of going into a depopulating phase and having a route through the imp map makes this go quickly.

I was running around one night in the Highmount Ridge area and literally had someone whisper me to get lost as this was "their" spot and not mine.
Report them for harassment, then drop their name in your ignore list. This is a signal to Bioware about such limited resources constructs. Edited by nimmerstil

thats the point though. this isnt pokemon and the motto isnt "gotta catch em all" the method of recruiting someone differs, albeit differently, from companion to companion. if you dont feel like putting forth the effort, then simply dont. i applaud them on having at least one companion ask you to do an unfavorable thing, be it pve or pvp. in fact i wish they took a bolder stance and made more of them this way.

what i hope they sincerly do not do is cave to people complaining about it. nobody wants to put forth any sort of effort, or perform an activity that is undesirable to them, because they simply dont "like it" i dont particularly care for pve, and as such qyzen is still sitting at 0. i dont think its bad design or poor quality, i just choose not to recruit that companion.

i apologize if i come off as harsh. it just bugs me when devs of mmos cave in to a vocal section of the population.

That would be fine and dandy, IMO, if that was all that it was. There are tons of companions I have no desire to recruit, and so wouldn't even bother with. Except that they're using recruitment mission completion as a gate for recruiting OTHER companions. So if for instance you wanted to get Lokin back on your Agent, you MUST complete Qyzen's quest.

My one concern is that going forward, in order to get new recruitment alerts, you'll have to finish recruiting all the others, which does not appeal to me at all. I hope they don't do that.

To an extent this is already the case. You MUST complete Yuun's mission to unlock further recruitment missions, you MUST complete Qyzen's mission to move on to Lokin.

Indications are that this is how the system will continue to function moving forward.

Took me about an hour (two if you factor in I was doing Heroic for the Hoth Star Fortress). Turned in 3 sets of eight--and on the last set I finally noticed the option to re-ask Qyzen to join, and found the eight each time pretty easy. IDK, maybe Begeren's a wasteland...

I was thinking the WB would be unattainable, never done one, so this went pretty smooth...now Dr. Lokin, that's another story, been dreading doing A Kindly Old Monster...

Edited by absolutetristan

A major problem with this quest is there is no actual incentive to do it other than to grab companions you like more. Recruiting a companion should actually give a reward with enough incentive to do it, not "Gotta catch them all" mindset. For instance, Qyzen leads very high killed warriors, and I assume many, and he should actually boost your alliance in a positive way then being told there a great addition to the team, just like every other companion you recruit. Perhaps including some form of reward each week that corresponds to who and how many people you recruited will be better than simply having a gateway to get future companions.

I have started this quest but cannot seem to find how to start the Heroic to find the bosses. Been to three different planets. What am I missing?

They are World Bosses, not quest bosses. The only one I know is SD-0, the big huge enormous large droid on Coruscant (in the old Galactic Market map). You might have seen it up there on the one otherwise empty platform not far from the datacron.

Took me about an hour (two if you factor in I was doing Heroic for the Hoth Star Fortress). Turned in 3 sets of eight--and on the last set I finally noticed the option to re-ask Qyzen to join, and found the eight each time pretty easy. IDK, maybe Begeren's a wasteland...

I was thinking the WB would be unattainable, never done one, so this went pretty smooth...now Dr. Lokin, that's another story, been dreading doing A Kindly Old Monster...

Qyzen's mission - minor pain

Lokin's mission - major pain

Pierce/Mx - really stupid. I hate PvP in this game and would opt not to do this except I don't know which companions I won't be able to access later if I don't. So join PvP, sit at the back afk, do some housework/mark some kids homework, repeat. Wastes my time, hurts the PvPers but if that what bioware want then that what they get.

My quest has to be bugged. I got the 20 pelts and turned them in to get to level 10. Once you do, there really aren't any options to leave the conversation, only turn in the world boss trophies. So I hit escape. Then all pelts are returned to my inventory and I am reduced to level 1. What gives? Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: Didn't see the scroll down. Hang on while I reboot the brain.

Edited by Rogha

• 3 weeks later...
If killing the wampas (they aren't all wampas by the way) is hard, fix your gear and/or play your class better.

I'm doing this one on a commando. I have a mix of 200-blue random drops, 208, 216 and 220 purple comms gear from fleet, a 216 purple HBG I made myself (Armstech 500), and a couple of pathetic 178-blue relics. My companion is a rank 17 Lana. The worthy foes go down in about 15 seconds each.

And for the not-available problem, as the others said, group up.

No, this quest is fine the way it is.

You sir is an idiot!

L2Read....

/facepalm

It's hard to kill somtthing that in essence NEVER SPAWNS for you because of spawncamping turds (you're probably one)... Has nothing to do with gear or skill... You imbecile!

You really shouold learn to read before you let your total idiocy show! Your kind of people disgust me! Only here to spout your moronic ******** without even bothering to properly read the thread or even the original post! Insipid lowbrow simian waste of air...

And no, I don't care if the rest of you think I'm ott... Tired of these simians always popping up to show humanitys degradation...

You sir is an idiot!

L2Read....

/facepalm

It's hard to kill somtthing that in essence NEVER SPAWNS for you because of spawncamping turds (you're probably one)... Has nothing to do with gear or skill... You imbecile!

You really shouold learn to read before you let your total idiocy show! Your kind of people disgust me! Only here to spout your moronic ******** without even bothering to properly read the thread or even the original post! Insipid lowbrow simian waste of air...

And no, I don't care if the rest of you think I'm ott... Tired of these simians always popping up to show humanitys degradation...

I read just fine, thanks. "Hard to kill" means, well, that they are hard to kill. What you mean is "Hard to find" or maybe "Hard to even find", as in "This quest takes ages to complete because it is hard to even find the beasts, much less kill them." And I didn't have any problems with finding them, not like finding irradiated raks on Taris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

i've read only few of the posts above, buy i dont find this quests hard in any means.

U can find (at least) 5 mobs which give quest item in Icefall Plains.

5 mobs = 500 influence each = 2500 per run

1) -2312,2044

2) -3044,1725

3) -3211,1469

4) -3522,1722

5) -3474,1064

Here is the map if u dont mind http://addtext.com/XNbXXJh

Dont thank me - i know im awesome

• 4 weeks later...
Can't say I'm impressed with M1-4X's mission. Qyzen's is positively easy by comparison.

I have no desire to play PvP so M1 won't be recruited, ever. Unless Bioware give us another way of getting M1 that is. Poor quest design strikes again it would seem.

I disagree that it's poor quest design. If the goal is to get people out of their comfort zones and playing different parts of the content that's a good thing, especially since people who think they don't like PvP or the events might find they enjoy it.

I disagree that it's poor quest design. If the goal is to get people out of their comfort zones and playing different parts of the content that's a good thing, especially since people who think they don't like PvP or the events might find they enjoy it.

As someone who just finished Pierce's quest the other day, i actually found that I enjoyed PVP....some times. If I had a decent group..which..with GF is a complete shot in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...
This is quite simply the least enjoyable mission in the game. Contrary to the OP I don't find it especially hard (avoiding bosses), it's just too long, takes too much roaming around, too much waiting for ridiculously long respawn timers all of which combine to suck the fun out of the game. Honestly, your trophies need to be worth more than the paltry value they are now. Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hey,

i've read only few of the posts above, buy i dont find this quests hard in any means.

U can find (at least) 5 mobs which give quest item in Icefall Plains.

5 mobs = 500 influence each = 2500 per run

1) -2312,2044

2) -3044,1725

3) -3211,1469

4) -3522,1722

5) -3474,1064

Here is the map if u dont mind http://addtext.com/XNbXXJh

Dont thank me - i know im awesome

I'm on this right now with my SW, along with A Kindly Old Monster, and Freedom Fight (keep getting my butt kicked in that one but that's another thread). I must've missed the part about the Wampas (or whatever they are) because I've been running around on Hoth, looking for the WBs there but no luck. I don't find this mission difficult; it just takes some effort and experienced players are almost always willing to give pointers. Thanks for the map! I'll probably be jumping back on this tonight.

I'm on this right now with my SW, along with A Kindly Old Monster, and Freedom Fight (keep getting my butt kicked in that one but that's another thread). I must've missed the part about the Wampas (or whatever they are) because I've been running around on Hoth, looking for the WBs there but no luck. I don't find this mission difficult; it just takes some effort and experienced players are almost always willing to give pointers. Thanks for the map! I'll probably be jumping back on this tonight.

You are looking for anything tagged "Worthy Jagganath foe" or something like that.

• 11 months later...
Can't say I'm impressed with M1-4X's mission. Qyzen's is positively easy by comparison.

I have no desire to play PvP so M1 won't be recruited, ever. Unless Bioware give us another way of getting M1 that is. Poor quest design strikes again it would seem.

I agree. I am not a big PvP fan and have not even tried it yet in this game. So yeah this one can be left out for me as well.

Thats why you team up. There's that. ;) Im sure there is no shortage of other people trying to do the mission.

I like the mission as it is.

Three world bosses seem enough to satisfy Qyzen, but I noticed you can gain a lot of influence with him quickly if you dont turn mission in yet at that point and instead keep getting him trophies. One WB is 3500 points and 10000 are needed for the mission.

Well if making it so you can solo a quest for everything but the final end is considered fun it is not. It is wrong. Make other lines start out with teams or raids. I suppose that is what it is with Qyzen so I just won't do it he is not worth need WB to obtain him. I have enough quest in my journal now that I need ops for at the end and who knows maybe raid. This is just not balanced nor well thought out at all. Many of the quest are this way and I just do not see why they want to force people to PvP or group if they choose not to for whatever the reason. :mad: