Overpowered companions 4.0

Falkuhn

I just have a quick comment and a simple request for the developer types: The companions (and their dialogue) are an important feature in SWTOR; additionally some of us actually like to PVE at a lazy pace and enjoy the idea that PVE can be challenging without the appropriate level and reasonable gear.

Can we get a button or setting feature that allows players (who elect to do so) to have their companions de-powered to a point where they are just helpful and not completely OP. They (companions) currently ruin the PVE experience. They make the player character absolutely pointless to the outcome of almost any battle. Please for the love of the Force, give me some sort of option to make the game fun again. And while I appreciate players who suggest I shut off certain companion abilities or put them on passive mode, that is not germane to my point. My point is that active participation by the SWTOR companions is integral to the player PVE, storyline experience. To simply "deactivate" them because they are OP is nonsensical on its face.

Please Give Us Back Our SWTOR Companions.

Very respectfully,

Siberiastar

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a quick comment and a simple request for the developer types: The companions (and their dialogue) are an important feature in SWTOR; additionally some of us actually like to PVE at a lazy pace and enjoy the idea that PVE can be challenging without the appropriate level and reasonable gear.

Can we get a button or setting feature that allows players (who elect to do so) to have their companions de-powered to a point where they are just helpful and not completely OP. They (companions) currently ruin the PVE experience. They make the player character absolutely pointless to the outcome of almost any battle. Please for the love of the Force, give me some sort of option to make the game fun again. And while I appreciate players who suggest I shut off certain companion abilities or put them on passive mode, that is not germane to my point. My point is that active participation by the SWTOR companions is integral to the player PVE, storyline experience. To simply "deactivate" them because they are OP is nonsensical on its face.

Very respectfully,

Siberiastar

Been playing without a companion and the game is fun again. Still it`s not what you are requesting. An option would be much welcome. We've just been asking this since even before beta when the companions have been announced.

Very respectfully,

Siberiastar

if you shut off the companions abilities, you will have just what you want. they will follow along, provide you with their comments and not effect the fight in any way. simple fix to give you what you want.

if you shut off the companions abilities, you will have just what you want. they will follow along, provide you with their comments and not effect the fight in any way. simple fix to give you what you want.

Yeah I put mine on passive