Where the hell is Thrash?

CriticalFlame

What worked for me is to completely drop your discipline - so you have none selected at all - then visit a trainer. I found a bunch of new 'old' abilities to train then. Then re-select your desired discipline after.

Should be fine after that.

Nowhere in patch notes does it say thrash is gone or replaced.

They said new abilities that are meant to replace older ones will automatically take the place of the old one on your hotbars.

They didn't specifically say they would be out of your abilities list tho, but they did say they would replace them

They said new abilities that are meant to replace older ones will automatically take the place of the old one on your hotbars.

They didn't specifically say they would be out of your abilities list tho, but they did say they would replace them

Well, if they replace the ability completely, then the old ability should temporarily not exist. It makes perfect sense. I just wouldn't have expected that they would consider Voltaic Slash a Thrash replacement, but it does make sense.

I just find that after switching specs the replaced ability doesn't automatically come back, you have to retrain it again. Went into a pvp match after switching from conc op to lethality without checking my bars, didn't get shiv back for the game, suffice it to say it was rough.

Nothing in any patch notes on this and my set bonus is based on thrash / other....so what does one do now.....drop back and punt?

Voltaic Slash replaces Thrash. If you respec, you don't get it back without training it. Very annoying.

Voltaic Slash replaces Thrash. If you respec, you don't get it back without training it. Very annoying.

I'm pretty sure you do get it back if you respec. it wouldn't be on your hotbars, but it would be in your Abilities window. Just gotta drag and drop it back on your hotbar.

Not completely sure of that though, but I respecced several characters last week and don't remember having to re-train replaced abilities.

Edited by GabDube

I'm pretty sure you do get it back if you respec. it wouldn't be on your hotbars, but it would be in your Abilities window. Just gotta drag and drop it back on your hotbar.

Not completely sure of that though, but I respecced several characters last week and don't remember having to re-train replaced abilities.

They've fixed Thrash in particular. I still have to retrain Lightning Charge, though.

They've fixed Thrash in particular. I still have to retrain Lightning Charge, though.
Try changing zone and/or unlogging after having trained abilities, but before committing a spec. I personally do both "just in case", but now, I don't lose anything after respeccing on three different characters. (Though my guardian seems to be a block head, and keep "relearning" Shii-Cho on the same bind on my first bar despite it wasn't where Shien was at all, and effectively forces me to rebind the ability that was there - but it doesn't concerns Shadows and Assassins, right ?)

Try changing zone and/or unlogging after having trained abilities, but before committing a spec. I personally do both "just in case", but now, I don't lose anything after respeccing on three different characters. (Though my guardian seems to be a block head, and keep "relearning" Shii-Cho on the same bind on my first bar despite it wasn't where Shien was at all, and effectively forces me to rebind the ability that was there - but it doesn't concerns Shadows and Assassins, right ?)

I'm aware of how to fix it. I'm also aware of how frustrating that is in the middle of an operation. Have you tried going from Deception to Hatred mid-raid?

I'm aware of how to fix it. I'm also aware of how frustrating that is in the middle of an operation. Have you tried going from Deception to Hatred mid-raid?

I'll check this particular swap again, but utility bug aside, now it's even easier as it used to be as I have the basic skill taking their place back as intended by the change. I do not have to look for (example) Telekinetic Throw after leaving tank spec, it's just where Cascading Debris was.

So, I'll check that again since I don't go Infiltration often, but I'm almost sure that I have no problem getting Project and Double Strike where it used to be after leaving Infiltration. Not anymore.

Edited by Altheran

Double Post for update.

I took screenshots of what happens when I'm respeccing. All specs are represented as I took a round with the three ones.

As you'll see all basic abilities take back their places (only one that went to the wrong spot) and I have litterally nothing to retrain. They are easy to spot as I took screenshots quickly so that they are still highlighted as new.

I'm fairly sure my manipulation is what make it work, since as I left Serenity at first, I lost Mind Crush (seems the patch messed with my past manipulation). But redoing the trick solved it later on (as last screenshot attests)

http://imgur.com/a/oMDfb (Images are in chronological order)

Edited by Altheran