[Republic] <Aethereal> a well-balanced, PvP/PvE/Conquest guild LF mature players

JediMasterSarynn

Why Aethereal?

We are "casual, but serious". What does this mean? We're a laid back group of adults who enjoy adventuring together, being social, respecting each other, learning, and teaching others. We have hardcore players, casual players, and everything inbetween. Our focus is on our people and whatever achievements we get along the way.

Whether you're a new player to SWTOR or MMOs, or a veteran gamer, we welcome anyone who wants to invest in the guild you're in, getting to know those around you and generally having a good time.

If you're an elitist or someone who wants to berate others, this is not the home you're looking for.

Are you a new guild?

Nope! Our guild has been around 12 years, starting out on Eclipse in Star Wars Galaxies. We've had many names over the years while invading different games, but our leadership core has stuck together over that time and we've made many friends along the way that stuck with us.

In September 2014 we moved from Jung Ma to Harbinger and changed to Aethereal. Short and sweet.

Are you doing HM/NiM raiding? What is your schedule?

We currently have three raid teams, two on west coast prime time and one at east coast prime time. We've been working on HM raiding, especially priority operations, and will soon work on NiM raiding for achievements and mounts. Below are the teams and their schedules. Please use the "Raiding Team Openings" table for a reference of available spots. Don't see a spot for you? Talk to us anyway! You never know. smile

New to raiding in MMOs and/or to raiding in SWTOR? We're great teachers of classes and raids and love bringing new people along. We only ask for semi-reliable availability.

Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 9:00PM PST / 12:00AM EST

Wednesdays and Sundays @ 5:30PM PST / 8:30PM EST

Wednesdays and Sundays @ 9:00PM PST / 12:00AM EST

What about PVP?

The majority of the guild gets involved in PVP, some a lot more than others. We usually queue up nightly in 4+ man pre-mades predominantly during the PST (west coast) time zone during prime time. During raid nights, we'll queue before and after raids. We love our PVP! Once the new ranked season starts up we'll be queuing for ranked warzones as well.

Never PVPed before but want to learn? We can help get you geared up and killing Imperials in no time. ;)

Does the guild use voice chat regularly?

Yes! We're on voice chat most of the time. We use Discord, and highly recommend it. We moved on from TS2/TS3 after several years due to Discord just being a better overall product despite it still being in alpha. The social features are outstanding, and there is more text chat going on in Discord than in guild chat (and most are using voice anyway).

I highly encourage you to download Discord and join us any time. Our invite link is http://discord.aethereal.club. Many of us have Discord on our phones so there is always someone around lurking to answer any questions or help you get set up.

Okay, I think I'm convinced. What else should I know?

As previously mentioned, we really want people who want to be invested in the guild they join. Games come and go but relationships, even virtual ones, can be lasting. If that sounds like you or something you're interested in, stop right now and join our guild.

One last night, we are not and will never be a "large" guild. We always strive to be a small to medium size guild. We want to ensure enough people are on so we can have fun together instead of seeing a huge guild member online count where you only know 20% of the people. If you're looking for a large guild, stop reading and go find one! It will never happen here.

This sounds great! What are the next steps? What if I have questions?

If you've decided you want to join us, the easiest thing to do is simply apply to our guild. The guild application process is mostly a formality, though we will reach out to you and may ask you a few additional questions to ensure we're a good fit for you and vice-versa.

Whether you've applied or you have questions for us, I highly encourage you to jump into our Discord server. If you don't have Discord, you can still text chat with us and ask any questions you want. There is usually someone either on or available to answer you almost immediately (many of us carry the app on our phones). You can also download the desktop version so you can use voice chat and push-to-talk.

Handy Quick-Guide

Server: Harbinger

Faction: Republic

Time Zone: Primarily PST, some EST

Prime-Time: 8PM-12AM PST

Focus: Raiding, Warzones, and Conquests

Role-Playing: No

Members: 50+

Age Restrictions: 21+

Average Age: 30+

PvP: 4-man pre-mades most nights

Raiding: HM/NiM

Voice Chat: Discord (http://discord.aethereal.club)

Exp./Rep. Bonus: +10

Guild Bank: Yes

Guild Stronghold: Yes (Yavin)

Guild Flagship: Yes

Multi-game Guild: No

Imperial Guild: No

Raiding Teams and Openings

Legacy: TUE/THU @ 9:00PM PST/12:00AM EST

• Tank: FULL
  • Off-Tank/DPS: FULL
  • DPS#1: FULL
  • DPS#2: FULL
  • DPS#3: OPEN
  • DPS#4: OPEN
  • Healer#1: FULL
  • Healer#2: FULL

Delta Squad: WED/SUN @ 5:30PM PST/8:30PM EST

• Tank: OPEN
  • DPS#3: FULL
  • DPS#4: FULL
  • Healer#2: OPEN

Rebel Scum: WED/SUN @ 9:00PM PST/12:00AM EST

• Tank: FULL
  • DPS#3: FULL
  • DPS#4: OPEN
  • Healer#2: OPEN

Edited by JediMasterSarynn
Typo!

Sounds like a nice guild. Mind if I join?

I'm in my 30s and play in GMT+8. I'm just an old MMORPG guy interested in Star Wars. I mostly play at GMT+8 9pm on weekdays. Weekends, i'm more flexible.

Haven't been around these forum parts in a few days, but sure thing! Come on over. :)

Also looking for more people, raiders and PVPers alike, casual or hardcore. See you in-game!

Sounds like a great group of folks. I'm in my 30's and on the west coast. I played for a couple of months after launch, then life happened. I have always played mmo's solo for the most part, but now that I'm back, I would like to play with a guild. Can I get an invite?

Thanks!

Sounds like a great group of folks. I'm in my 30's and on the west coast. I played for a couple of months after launch, then life happened. I have always played mmo's solo for the most part, but now that I'm back, I would like to play with a guild. Can I get an invite?

Thanks!

Definitely, send a tell to Deiryl or Angevyn in-game. :)

Does your sunday raid need people? I have a commando I'd love to find a slot for.

Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been over this way in a week. Our Sunday raid is more of a mish-mash of people who want to go from the guild to do something across both coasts (we have several east and west coasters who don't usually get to play together due to time differences). It's not a static group like our other progression raid teams, so if that's what you're looking for it may not be the best thing for you! :)

Right now, our progression teams are:

• TUE/THU 8PM EST
  • TUE/THU 9PM PST
  • WED/SUN 9PM PST

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking for a good guild for awhile now and yours seems like about the right fit for me. I've been raiding off and on with a tank and would love to start raiding consistently again. I've got a guardian tank or I could level a shadow tank quick like. I'll look for you in game tonight.

-Embrey

I've been looking for a good guild for awhile now and yours seems like about the right fit for me. I've been raiding off and on with a tank and would love to start raiding consistently again. I've got a guardian tank or I could level a shadow tank quick like. I'll look for you in game tonight.

-Embrey

Thank you for your interest, Embrey! Just a note as it wasn't clarified, the 8PM TUE/THU group mentioned is our east coast team, so it's 8PM EST. However, I'd love a steady tank for my 9PM PST TUE/THU group as well. :D

See you in-game!

• 2 weeks later...