Why I will NEVER use the Cartel Market EVER Again

oblongship

So I spent about 2,100 coins on a nice outfit for my guardian PURELY cosmetic and a light saber.

I figure since the cartel coins cost real money I would be able to share it between all my characters. NOPE not the case....it is 100% bound to ONLY that one character...

This is beyond a rip off and you have secured me and everyone I know and play with will never use the cartel coin system.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I spent about 2,100 coins on a nice outfit for my guardian PURELY cosmetic and a light saber.

I figure since the cartel coins cost real money I would be able to share it between all my characters. NOPE not the case....it is 100% bound to ONLY that one character...

This is beyond a rip off and you have secured me and everyone I know and play with will never use the cartel coin system.

no its not bound, you have to wait for it to become unbound takes like 1 1/2 days, but if you use it, it becomes bound to that character only.. its not legacy gear so you can't share it between characters, it tells you that before you buy it.. all your many friends should have told you! what you can do is unlock the outfit and lightsaber in collections for a few more CC, then you can have unlimited copies made throughout your account. Hope this helps.

Edited by SaerethDL

no its not bound, you have to wait for it to become unbound takes like 1 1/2 days, but if you use it, it becomes bound to that character only.. its not legacy gear so you can't share it between characters, it tells you that before you buy it.. all your many friends should have told you! what you can do is unlock the outfit and lightsaber in collections for a few more CC, then you can have unlimited copies made throughout your account. Hope this helps.

Just finished talking to a GM and it is literally pay 1400+ for the outfit and then pay 600 more to unlock it for the account.

Are you freaking kidding me? LOLOL what a scam....are they that hard up for money?

Just finished talking to a GM and it is literally pay 1400+ for the outfit and then pay 600 more to unlock it for the account.

Are you freaking kidding me? LOLOL what a scam....are they that hard up for money?

Should have looked into it or asked around before spending the CC.

Now you know.

Should have looked into it or asked around before spending the CC.

Now you know.

This doesn't make it right honestly....the way it was worded lead me to believe I could use it on all my characters.

Sitting here and whiteknighting a blatant money grab is not going to help at all.

sorry dude you should have checked before purchasing... if you want the outfit over and over again feel free to pay credits on the gtn over and over for it for each character.. because in theory, you didn't have to spend a dime. How else are these guys suppose to make any money? many mmo's wouldnt even give you the option to unlock an item an unlimited amount of times, they would make you repurchase it for the same amount you bought it the first time. They have to make profit otherwise we wouldnt get any new content.. good luck.

Umm... you don't know how it works.

Kk. So first when you buy something from the CM and it is not for the toon you bought with, then you need to wait for the unlock. Check the little red text on the bottom of the item, it tells you how long you have before it is unbound. I think it is 36 hours. When the timer is up you can transfer it around or sell it on GTN etc. AS LONG AS YOU HAVEN"T USED IT.

Now, the case that you have used it, if it is a weapon or mount you can unlock it in collections for ALL of your toons by paying a few more coins. A hell of a deal on mounts and those hard to weapons. You unlock it on the toon you want to use it, and once unlocked you will pay nothing to populate it on any other toon through collections.

Armor works the same way, but in order to unlock it you must for use all the pieces together for it appear unlockable in collections.

That's it. Easy peasy. Chillax.

This doesn't make it right honestly....the way it was worded lead me to believe I could use it on all my characters.

Sitting here and whiteknighting a blatant money grab is not going to help at all.

Who says I'm white knighting? I'm telling you to use common sense...which seems like a lost cause.

Have fun.

Edited by Eillack

no man, if you could use it on all of your characters it would have said legacy bound, its not their fault you don't know about the game.

Edited by SaerethDL

yeah, some stuff costs a bit, some cost half as much as what you would buy it for, sometimes over 700cc for the unlock, dependant on the item in question obviously.

i always buy the stuff off the gtn and if its reasonably cheap to unlock, then its unlocked, otherwise it remains locked if i feel its overpriced. but thats a choice you gotta make at the time and no one is forcing you into it either nor are they forcing you to get angry about it. its always been like that on the cc.

sorry dude you should have checked before purchasing... if you want the outfit over and over again feel free to pay credits on the gtn over and over for it for each character.. because in theory, you didn't have to spend a dime. How else are these guys suppose to make any money? many mmo's wouldnt even give you the option to unlock an item an unlimited amount of times, they would make you repurchase it for the same amount you bought it the first time. They have to make profit otherwise we wouldnt get any new content.. good luck.

Wait wait wait...how are these guys supposed to make money?

How about the 15 dollars I pay per month?

If that isn't enough maybe they should have not made decisions that drove away so many people that paying customers aren't enough for them to keep things going and they have to resort to a money grab system.

Wait wait wait...how are these guys supposed to make money?

How about the 15 dollars I pay per month?

If that isn't enough maybe they should have not made decisions that drove away so many people that paying customers aren't enough for them to keep things going and they have to resort to a money grab system.

Again man, you don't have to pay 15 bucks a month, and many people don't. It's a f2p game, not b2p, not sub... all mmo's now day have cash shops, there isn't a single one that doesnt.

yeah, some stuff costs a bit, some cost half as much as what you would buy it for, sometimes over 700cc for the unlock, dependant on the item in question obviously.

i always buy the stuff off the gtn and if its reasonably cheap to unlock, then its unlocked, otherwise it remains locked if i feel its overpriced. but thats a choice you gotta make at the time and no one is forcing you into it either nor are they forcing you to get angry about it. its always been like that on the cc.

I had just came back to the game and subbed again....and no they don't have a gun to my heads saying GET ANGRY....their money grab is what has be disappointed in them.

If I wasn't a subscriber paying 15 a month I could see "yeah I should probably pay to unlock it for all so they get money".....but as a sub that should be unlocked on all chars the minute I bay cartel coins for it.

PERIOD

...and yet, in order to not "white knight" this, we have to say "It's ok to be stupid with your money, and not read the information that is provided to you when you make a purchase". This is the way the system has worked since it was introduced, and, ultimately, it's a hell of a lot cheaper that way than to have to buy it individually for every character, which is what you would have to do, if you got your way here and they just removed legacy unlocks from collections.

So sorry if you think I'm being a white knight, but I like to keep my CC for things I want to do with it, not to buy multiple copies of the same outfit because you can't read the information that's provided in game.

I had just came back to the game and subbed again....and no they don't have a gun to my heads saying GET ANGRY....their money grab is what has be disappointed in them.

If I wasn't a subscriber paying 15 a month I could see "yeah I should probably pay to unlock it for all so they get money".....but as a sub that should be unlocked on all chars the minute I bay cartel coins for it.

PERIOD

Guessing you haven't been here after post-F2P?

Again man, you don't have to pay 15 bucks a month, and many people don't. It's a f2p game, not b2p, not sub... all mmo's now day have cash shops, there isn't a single one that doesnt.

Yet the other ones and brace yourself...I'm dropping the WoW bomb here...unlock it for all your characters new and old the minute you spend the money.

Like I said if I wasn't paying the 15 a month I could understand it....but I am...the moment I stop then sure take it away for all chars until I unlock it...but as a subscriber I should have it for all chars the minute I pay for it.

If you keep subscribing they lose nothing.

If you knew what you got for your CC you wouldn't have purchased them. But they got your money and cause you keep paying they have no reason to change. And I'm sure the mods are having a good laugh.