Yes, it's another 'level sync' thread. What's the issue with it?

Chicktopus

Can someone explain what the issue is with level sync? As far as I see it, the only downside is that one may no longer stroll in and pick up easy achievements on low-level planets. The upsides (such as making heroics easier to group for, level-appropriate heroic rewards, grouping with friends, and expanding things to do at max-level) seem to far outweigh the negatives.

Did people run all around old planets once they'd moved on before? What was the point?

From what i understand people are bother by downscaling since it makes leveling and roleplaying a bit pointless,lvl 60 that just killed Revan in TOS now should watch out for petty lvl 10 champion mobs again.

Granted that does not bother me personally,i am worried about upscaling bit. It will either remove any challenge in hard mode fps and sm operations due to nerfing for lvl 65s ,or it will make pugging impossible if it will not be nerfed. Both options suck.

im wondering about all those lvl 50+ NPC enemies on the low level plantets. For example, a large portion of planets have those lvl 55 NPCs that are associated with conquests. I have my doubts that 16 level 28's can take out a group of lvl 55 mobs on tatooine . Same with the seeker droid areas.

People hate change. That is what this really boils down too.

We need a "cliche jar" -- any time someone falls back on a tired, empty, meaningless, cliche, especially one that attempts to belittle an opposing opinion, they put $5 in the jar.

But, really, it's almost like I saw a post like yours coming...

(*real answers, even... not "answers" from people who like the sync and make up insulting "answers")

Edited by Max_Killjoy