Level synch = death of SWTOR

Tahra

No feel fine to think they can do it. It's just not proof that they can. My point is rather that if they could do it without causing issues why wouldn't they?

Why do more when you can get away with less. If gamers are told they are consistently using the path of least resistance to get things done. BW is not immune to that label.

It's effective because it is 1-2 mobs. We don't know how well it works if pretty much all heroic/planetary mobs have this buff. It also discourages actually helping.

It's effective because it works. 1 mob or 10K.

down leveling me also discourages me from helping.

A non-synced lvl 65 could pull an important group and just permatank them, if the actually-playing groups hit the mobs they instadie.

Yes, let the 65 who pulled the commander die. It's not a soloable mob. When it resets, then the group can pull it and kill it. If he comes back all mad and tries to grief, he'll die from the griefing prevention buff.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different world/planet/map instances are in the game. The ability to split people out into different instances of the same content is in the game. The ability to pick different destinations from a terminal or shuttle door or elevator door or "exit area" function is in the game. The ability to choose which mode you do (solo, story, hard, nightmare, tactical, whatever in each particular case) when you start a Flashpoint is already in the game.

So? They'd still need to make up to twice as many instances on every planet to do it that way with up to twice as many mobs etc. for the server to handle.

OK how do I explain this? In Diablo I mindlessly destroyed thousands of NPCs but I got levels and skills by doing it. In SWG I did the same thing and got XP that I could buy skill boxes with. This game I do the same and get the same, but only if it;s on-level. Mindlessly blowing through grey NPCs does not progress my character. That's the only point I was trying to make there.

You said that was a playstyle (granted, one I admittedly don't understand). How does that playstyle progress your character?

Who said a playstyle has to progress your character? Play-styles are about people doing what they enjoy doing, that doesn't always mean they have to be 'progressing' their character.

Well I did quit the game but not for that reason. I'm currently playing SWTOR because I like it. Level sync will make me like it more. Adding Level sync and suddenly removing it for very little reason would annoy me.

Will adding a toggle (assuming they can avoid the dire consequences that are predicted... :confused: ) annoy you?

I'm currently playing SWTOR because I like it, and I don't want that to go away. Levelsync will make me like it less.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Optional > Mandatory > No-lvl-sync-at-all.

Then why didn't you quit the game ? it's been like this since the start of star wars and it didn't bother you that you're not level synced ?

Thinking current system is worst out of the other options means you should have quitted ages ago? I guess you only played the game because it had lvls then, lol.

For me it was one of the reasons.

So. By following the quote chain:

Person X plays game because lvls and other reasons.

Person T plays game because other reasons but prefers no lvls. Sync is introduced to T, T is happier about new system.

Person X thinks person T should have quitted because there was something they didnt like in previous model. ????logic

Person X is free to go and play other games with lvl and stop pesting T because T played a game with a system on it they prefer less than the updated.

Anti-syncers, why so ignorant and illogical. One can play a game system without liking it if you like other aspects of the game enough to be ok with the primitive system.

If such system is truly the biggest worry for you maybe a change of game is in order. Sometimes you like the original game and hate the DLC. You still play it, you just dont like it quite as much. Someone else might like the DLC more than the base game. It matters not what order in you liked the things you played.

Sometimes you drop playing a game series because they changed it too much for you. Sometimes you pick up the game halfway trough because the changes interested you more than vanilla.

Saying that if you played it once you automatically prefer the original, no it doesnt keep you from preferring vanilla least in any way. "Why did you quit the game" is the most hilarious argument I have heard in this thread up to date. Like quitting is the only valid reason to like or dislike anything enough to be for or against changing of anything. riight

I dont even have anything to add to this. Just wanted to point out this hilarious logic.

Edited by Kiesu

I have no problem with a mandatory sync, BUT:

Please make our characters down-scaled to no lower than 3-6 levels above a planet's max level (preferably 6), I don't want to face-roll anything, but at least give us a fighting chance!

Otherwise, I don't see how I can pass anything AT level, let alone H2+s.

Making the Alderaan down-scale to 32, is really the death of casual gameplay.

Edited by sentientomega

I've actually used the differing level exploit in the Rakghoul event as a lower level. The way it works is that the lower level player asks a higher-leveel one to play guardian. They don't group, and the low character spawns the mobs, and the high level mashes them. Great way for the low level character to get the achievement and loot from the H4 at the far end of the tunnel. And I know from watching folks that I wasn't the only one doing it that way.

I've actually used the differing level exploit in the Rakghoul event as a lower level. The way it works is that the lower level player asks a higher-leveel one to play guardian. They don't group, and the low character spawns the mobs, and the high level mashes them. Great way for the low level character to get the achievement and loot from the H4 at the far end of the tunnel. And I know from watching folks that I wasn't the only one doing it that way.

Good for them, they found another way to enjoy the game.

Please make our characters down-scaled to no lower than 3-6 levels above a planet's max level (preferably 6), I don't want to face-roll anything, but at least give us a fighting chance!

Syncing us to AT-level content outside of our max level, 65, is going to make things really irritating.

The livestream showed a downsync to 18 on DK. Which is either 2 or 3 higher than the highest mission on planet (the heroic he jumped to is a H4 @ L15 right now.)

people keep saying that they are other ways to go about it without making it optional. which kinda would irritate me as a developer. you guys need to grow up, i doubt you guys have the nerve to return a plate at a restaurant that's less than satisfactory, its so easy to do it on the internet though. Mind your surroundings, realize that you are sitting at a computer ************ about something that barely affects you.

people keep saying that they are other ways to go about it without making it optional. which kinda would irritate me as a developer. you guys need to grow up, i doubt you guys have the nerve to return a plate at a restaurant that's less than satisfactory, its so easy to do it on the internet though. Mind your surroundings, realize that you are sitting at a computer ************ about something that barely affects you.

thanks for trolling now can you go away please,

there guys i did it for you. now before you hit enter, continue to realize what you are doing and stop.

Otherwise, I don't see how I can pass anything AT level, let alone H2+s.

Making the Alderaan down-scale to 32, is really the death of casual gameplay.

This means, down-scaling for higher levels on starter worlds at 16, capital worlds at 22, other worlds at 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 43, 47, 50, 53, 56, 61, depending on the world.

Who said a playstyle has to progress your character? Play-styles are about people doing what they enjoy doing, that doesn't always mean they have to be 'progressing' their character.

Really? Then what's the fuss about levels about? If it's not about progression, why are people raging about losing it? Is it more a point of "I have to keep disagreeing, even though I'm running out of things to say" kind of thing?

SNIP....

I dont even have anything to add to this. Just wanted to point out this hilarious logic.

Are you drunk or something? Because thats some of the most "F"ed up attempt at logic I have ever read. You took random quotes from gamers that are only usable in the context of a previous quote but combined them into some amalgamation that is suppose to be some basis for a convoluted theory you concocted.

I have things to say about your post but I better stop while Im ahead.

Will adding a toggle (assuming they can avoid the dire consequences that are predicted... :confused: ) annoy you?

I'm currently playing SWTOR because I like it, and I don't want that to go away. Levelsync will make me like it less.

Of course not, if they can add a toggle or a similarly smart feature without causing issues I'm all for it. However, if they could that why would they not already have done so?

Good for them, they found another way to enjoy the game.

It's a bit of a cheap way to grind reward tokens. I only did it the once, for the achievement; and that only because finding groups when not at max level is a bit dicey in the tunnels. You get as many of the tickets from that heroic as all the other dailies

Are you drunk or something? Because thats some of the most "F"ed up attempt at logic I have ever read. You took random quotes from gamers that are only usable in the context of a previous quote but combined them into some amalgamation that is suppose to be some basis for a convoluted theory you concocted.

You can follow the quote chains by klicking the arrows on the quotes. Check it out! They actually do all link together!

Of course not, if they can add a toggle or a similarly smart feature without causing issues I'm all for it. However, if they could that why would they not already have done so?

Could be lack of foresight and understanding of the overall playerbase.

Or that all-too-common flaw in video game companies, The Vision.

Or because they figured it would be easier not to and didn't give a damn.

You can follow the quote chains by klicking the arrows on the quotes. Check it out! They actually do all link together!

Oh I read it. And then promptly went W.TF! is he on because clearly we all need some and he isn't sharing.

I mentioned a possible reason why. The same reason gamers are labeled a path of least resistance group of people.

BW is no different. Why do more when you can do less.

Edited by Quraswren

Could be lack of foresight and understanding of the overall playerbase.

Or that all-too-common flaw in video game companies, The Vision.

Or because they figured it would be easier not to and didn't give a damn.

...or because they have plans for the future of which none of us have any knowledge or foresight. Frankly, my money's on the latter.