Level synch = death of SWTOR

Tahra

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment it becomes optional, they could remove it completely - nobody in their sane mind will use it.

Ergo isn't that kind of the whole problem?

If it's that unpopular that "no sane person would use it" if they had another option, who exactly is benefiting apart from Bioware not having to make anything new?

TUXs asked for reasons why you'd go to a low level planet, that's all there is to it.

I guess technically that makes sense, but again, not the best examples.

Stuff like Conquest and so on, where you're "encouraged"/forced to go there to achieve something else makes more sense. And general player choice, yeah.

Edited by Transairion

I took selfies. But idk why you're responding to me when all I was doing was giving TUXs reasons why you would go to a lower level planet.

He asked for why? I gave him reasons why you'd go back to low level planets.

Actually, I go back quite a bit to help guildies and have guildie events. Now it will be more relevant and challenging. I love this change.

Old content will be relevant again even if it is just for a little while.

Vets can do content with lowbies at level. Great for grouping, guilds, and replay-ability.

Openworld will have a sense of danger as it should.

Certain achievements will require thought and skill.

WB mechanics and takedowns will mean something.

Openworld PvP will be less of a gank fest.

Ergo isn't that kind of the whole problem?

If it's that unpopular that "no sane person would use it" if they had another option, who exactly is benefiting apart from Bioware not having to make anything new?

Yeah, that's always a funny argument. "No one will do it if it's optional!"

Maybe that should tell them something; unfortunately it tells them "force everyone!" instead of "maybe this isn't such a great idea after all."

That goes both ways.

Actually no. It's doesn't go both ways. Once level scaling starts those other events will have things like mob aggro ranged changed, you'll be down scaled to the planet. Lose dodging and blocking. How will bounties work? They getting down scaled when they spawn on tatooine?

Not really a 2 way street with the down scaling.

Yes, it does remind me of something; listening to teenagers learning how to formally debate and failing, so resorting to false equivalences and whataboutery.

Personal attack makes for a poor argument.

Waiting a few seconds for mobs to respawn occasionally ...

The usual respawn rate is between 4-5 minutes

....endless parade of knocked off speeder > fight > remount > knocked off speeder > fight > remount etc etc etc that happens when you're riding around an at-or-near-level planet ...

...the other is something that will be a perpetual and consistent inconvenience for literally everybody who visits any planet. Maybe you enjoy the idea of a two minute speeder ride turning into a ten minute stop-start-stop-start parade of annoyance, a lot of folk evidently do not.

I'd like to propose something. When the expansion hits, take a downleveled character of your choice to a planet of your choice and stream/post video of riding around on a speeder (of your choice); if the video will be 10 minutes long, and only 2 minutes of it you will be on the speeder, I'll concede the point.

"ommggg I'm unsubbing nao because of levelsync".

No, you are not.

Or if you do, you'll come back 2 months later, let's be honest here.

Just quit QQ'ing.

I think bw knows how many players unsub they can check it daily i think they do check it daily. and funny thing here after game release people was saying same thing you will be back in month or two we all know how that worked... And no Im not unsubing I just added 60 days game time to my account two days ago waiting for 4.0 if I wont like I will leave no drama no forum posts. Its a game suppose to be fun if it isnt dont play...

Because it'd be ridiculous to have some characters running around like Terminators while others are trying to play the game is it was meant to be played.

If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. It's never going to be made optional.

One is a minor inconvenience resulting from a situation that you could play through the whole game 1-60 and never even run into, the other is something that will be a perpetual and consistent inconvenience for literally everybody who visits any planet. Maybe you enjoy the idea of a two minute speeder ride turning into a ten minute stop-start-stop-start parade of annoyance, a lot of folk evidently do not.

Wait a minute, are you saying playing the game is an inconvenience? Clearly not, or you would not subscribe, let alone play. Or are you saying that the game is an inconvenience unless it's tailored exactly to your preferences?

Edited by branmakmuffin

I've unlocked a lot of stuff. Np.

I don't need creds for the story.

Nor I to yours. Everything about the game except for the story chapters would be dead to me, so why check these troll infested, toxic player ridden forums?

MAKE IT OPTIONAL

FREEDOM FOR ALL

Actually since Bran isn't unsubbing you'd still be subjected to his posts.

Because it'd be ridiculous to have some characters running around like Terminators while others are trying to play the game is it was meant to be played.

Hasn't it already been this way for like, um, 4 years or there abouts?

I mean there was nothing stopping a level 50 going back to Kaas and slapping around the Dark Temple mobs on release, while others quested for the first time nearby...

Just like the 12xXP threads, there is a group of people that want to play the game their way and so everyone should play their way. Many of us want this new level syncing to be optional just like 12xXP is because WE want to play the style WE want to. But the Pro side doesn't want to hear it

"I want to help level up guildies." Good for you and if I want to do the same I'll choose the level-sync.

"You get XP and great door prizes." If that is important to me then I'll choose the level-sync.

"Why bother going to a low level planet just to one-shot grays?" I have my reasons and if those don't satisfy me, I'll choose the level-sync.

So you ProLSers out there, why are you so anti-optional? Why can't we play the way we want to and instead need to do it your way?

And PvPers, I understand your concerns completely but you have a different issue with ganking that us PvEers don't have. On PvP servers having it optional defeats the purpose.

There are only 2 reasons I can think of:

1) They like to tell you how to play the game

2) They're simply antagonists

I mean there was nothing stopping a level 50 going back to Kaas and slapping around the Dark Temple mobs on release, while others quested for the first time nearby...

It has been like that. And it needed a change. No more super-species toons. The galaxy is a dangerous place. lol.

Just because something was done for 4 years doesn't mean it was a good idea or more in general that it should stay that way.

Just because something was done for 4 years doesn't mean it was a good idea or more in general that it should stay that way.

True, just seemed a very odd example to use.

KOTFE seems like it's shaking up the whole game though, I can only hope in a better than worse way. I don't want to end up bumming about on Fleet waiting for queues because I eventually do all the content/Reputation/Alliances and so on, but can't go back and solo stuff anymore either.

Me thinks chapters are going to bring you back to low level planets to find things. instead of making new phases they will make things open world. With the expansion being free with a subscription makes me feel like everything will be over hyped. Guess its a trust factor of the company