Tune in to Twitch on September 30th for Knights of the Fallen Empire Gameplay Livestream

TaitWatson

Hopefully the stream is about showing off and exploring the major game / class changes and additions coming with KotFE, not another demo of a story chapter.

Yeah, well if they begin with "And now we show you this exciting chapter where a major event occurs", then I know what I will do :tran_wink:

I really like the livestreams and I really appreciate the work they do with them, aslong as they do not spoil the story.

Edited by Icestar

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest fear is that they will announce deleveling as their answer to "streamlined leveling"....

There is an interview out there somewhere right after E3 where someone said they are looking to drop the leveling time from "~150 hours to ~50" (for regular folks) post 12x. And they said they were removing a lot of the running around. That could mean more teleporter icons next to the quest like they added to the pre-SoR dialogs and flashpoint chain? I'm just guessing, I don't really care: even with 12x I can't level any more pre 55ish alts anymore. I'm done with that part of this game unless, maybe, they are redoing the graphics in the old cutscenes.

Edited by Savej

I did a short write up about my experience streaming at Twitchcon over in the subreddit as a text post if anyone is interested in what it was like and my views on it. I'm JediConsular and streamed in the 12-1PM timeslot on Saturday.

Edit: It's rather long or I would have just posted it here.

Cool. You did a great job. I was watching some of your other vids... learned a few tips on GSF. lol

A few questions about what has been talked about on the stream yesterday. Since it was basically in the middle of the night for me I didn't watch it yet, so sorry if it has been covered, I'm going of Dulfys summary here.

1) This is a minor thing, but why has Mercanary starter gear defense and absorb on it?

2) The instant level 500 crew skills. Is this only for lvl 60 created characters or a general thing? Ie if I create a new level 1 character, will I have to grind those 500 levels, or will I get the Crewskills insta 500 also?

3) Companions. How will presence work with those?

4) The Yavin weekly gear, will it still have stats? So you basically get a full 192 bound to legacy Set usable by player characters for doing a weekly mission?

5) The Level Sync. Will this only kick in if you're over the level of the planet, or will we be automatically scaled to a certain level once we reach a planet, regardless of our actual level? So for example at level 40 going back to Coruscant will put me at, lets say, level 16. But will going to corellia automatically set my level to 50 or something, regardless of my actual level?

6) What about Ziost? It says on Dulfy you don't need to do it beforehand, but can't go back to it once we started KotFE. Does that mean if I never have done it, I can go to the destroyed Ziost after starting KotFE? So no need to do it on a new character in order to get to the Collosal Monolith?

Edited by Torvai

2) The instant level 500 crew skills. Is this only for lvl 60 created characters or a general thing? Ie if I create a new level 1 character, will I have to grind those 500 levels, or will I get the Crewskills insta 500 also?

Maybe I missed it because I didnt watch the first half of the stream to avoid spoilers but the only thing I heard about Crafting and the levels was that the actual tiers are gone. Before 4.0, you had to buy the next tier to get 401-450, and then the next tier to get 451-500. After 4.0, the tiers themselves will be gone but we will still have to grind the training on each to get it to 500. We just now no longer have to waste time and credits going back to fleet to learn the next tier.

Hopefully this is the place for questions regarding the new stuff...

Level Syncing: Will the normal mobs (and mobs in the heroics) give level relavent drops? For example if I take my 60 to do heroics on DK, will the enemies drop a higher amount of credits and level appropriate gear? Everywhere or just in the heroic areas? IF they do scale in drops, how is this handled when grouped with lower levels as far as what is dropped, first agro, first to kill?

New Group Finder: Will there still be the weekly quests tied to this that reward the highest tier of comms/crystals? As of now, the general tactical FP GF daily reward gives elites for completion, but the weekly rewards some amount of Ultimates and Elites separately.

Also related to GF, I noticed HM FP queue only rewards mid tier and no longer highest tier comms/crystals? Did I see that wrong or is the only way to get Ultimates in the daily GF is the operations?

Edited by Bobs_YourUncle

One thing I'm sort of concerned about. As it stands now, I can do any of the heroics daily but in the stream and on the terminal it referred to them as weekly heroics. Is that actually changing from what it is now or is it a mistake? And if its changing, Why?

Another question I have, and it may be answered in the coming blog about crafting, has to do with the augment kit "squish"and changing to 8 tiers as opposed to the 10 we have now. I get the simplification and I like it, but what does that mean in terms of game play? Is our current gear thats augmented at MK-10 being changed to a lower level? What about any kits weve already crafted? And if MK-8 is going to be the highest, I assume that means what we have now will be equal to MK-7 in 4.0 or are we getting max level augment kits at the start?

I can see it now, when the expansion comes out, you will be getting this.

LF2M Hammer Station, must have achievements for the flashpoint and all classes completed.

Lol! Can't even imagine what the Ops acheeve requirements will be like.

"Good job", saving the level-sync announcement until less than one "sub cycle" before it goes live.

You do realize how transparent the reasoning behind that is, right?

Except the sub-cycle is entirely dependent on what day of the month a player subbed, and on what subscription option they are using.

Except the sub-cycle is entirely dependent on what day of the month a player subbed, and on what subscription option they are using.

I quite like the idea to be honest, i mean i HATE doing content that is so easy that i can do it in my sleep, atleast this way, i could theoretically die if i am not careful, unlike right now, i can just stand there when the main boss is trying to hit me and all they get is......evade......evade.....evade and so on.

I just think those that are not liking it, either don't like change and/or want it to be easy to do when doing dailies at max level, which tend to be alot of players especially the raiders that say they want it hard and difficult, but go out of their way to make it as easy as possible by expecting everyone to be overgeared and know how to beat the bosses BEFORE they go in there.

I really do miss the good old days where you had to figure it out as you do it, but now-a-days, players are just too impatient and instead of learning as you go, you read up on tactics to beat the bosses, i mean...its like reading a walkthrough for a game, telling you how to beat it.....whats the point in playing it?

Edited by JamieKirby

Yeah it gave us a nice smile, I was thinking "what is he doing" :tran_wink:

It was hilarious and a really well-done stream overall.

Confirmation of additional character slots is fantastic; level one speeder training (via character perk) is an excellent re-add (after they "fixed" it a while back to make purchasing the perks pointless); collapsed collections menu and sorting options are great; companion gearing and role options (e.g., gear is now appearance only) means we can use the companions we want (rather than the companions we need).

I'm undecided about the level-syncing. It has major pros and cons (head over to that thread if you dare!), but I look forward to playing with it and seeing just how all of these changes affect the overall play experience.

So, thanks Mr. Musco and team. Keep up the good work! :cool:

EDIT: I enjoyed the play-through (spoilers and all) as well. The cliff-hanger at the end was one of those "wait, what?! NO! You can't stop there!!!!" moments. Haha!

Edited by -Wes-

It was hilarious and a really well-done stream overall.

Confirmation of additional character slots is fantastic; level one speeder training (via character perk) is an excellent re-add (after they "fixed" it a while back to make purchasing the perks pointless); collapsed collections menu and sorting options are great; companion gearing and role options (e.g., gear is now appearance only) means we can use the companions we want (rather than the companions we need).

I'm undecided about the level-syncing. It has major pros and cons (head over to that thread if you dare!), but I look forward to playing with it and seeing just how all of these changes affect the overall play experience.

So, thanks Mr. Musco and team. Keep up the good work! :cool:

EDIT: I enjoyed the play-through (spoilers and all) as well. The cliff-hanger at the end was one of those "wait, what?! NO! You can't stop there!!!!" moments. Haha!

Well, its a major choice and they have said 'choices matter' but they obviously do not want us to know that it really doesn't matter, no matter what you choose, you will never join them, it would require them to do 2 different story arcs and as they said, its just one story....so that choice is irrelevent....not even sure why they have it in there...

I saw the second "half" last night and I have to say its the best and most clear stream I have seen from Bioware with no technical issues (save the automatic lights).

I hope that all your future streams are done in such a good manor.

Though Eric in my mind has now become Eric "im 99% certain" Musco.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Soo all these changes, 40-50 characters per server for subs. Will they up the 500 character cap for Guilds? I mean they want us to do conquests as a guild. Kind of hard for people to contribute if there is no room in guild for their toons.

Ohh I want to play these toons this week let me pull these toons out and bug someone for guild invites...

Please raise guild cap to like 1000 or make that 500 character cap an account cap...