Tune in to Twitch on September 30th for Knights of the Fallen Empire Gameplay Livestream

TaitWatson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Core world changes ... are you finally gonna tell us whether this rumor about the forced downgrading is true or not? Or to put my mind at ease and probably some others too ... tell us now :D pretty please :D.

Also I could be missing something, Tait, but is this replacing the twitch stream from this weekend?

Core world changes ... are you finally gonna tell us whether this rumor about the forced downgrading is true or not? Or to put my mind at ease and probably some others too ... tell us now :D pretty please :D.

Also I could be missing something, Tait, but is this replacing the twitch stream from this weekend?

umm werent we suppose to have a stream on the 25th? Are we still having that?

Right at the top it says "Livestream." Shame on you.

Also, "Core World" = Coruscant/Dromund Kaas.

Right at the top it says "Livestream." Shame on you.

I'm still not sure what's going on. I just got an email about stream stuff on the 25th and the 26th, this says the 30th. Granted I don't know what 'TwitchCon' is so if it's something different then okay. But some clarification from the devs would be nice.

Also, "Core Worlds" doesn't necessarily mean faction capital worlds. In fact, since this is Star Wars, "Core Worlds" more likely means Coruscant/Alderaan/Manaan/Balmorra/Tython/etc. since those are in the "Core Worlds" region of the galaxy. Quite frankly, it's an ambiguous term they shouldn't have used. But we can still theorize :p

Dromund Kaas isn't in the core.

Regardless, in this context I took it to mean the same as if they had said "classic" or "vanilla". Worlds from the game as it currently exists.

Anyway...

umm werent we suppose to have a stream on the 25th? Are we still having that?

What makes you think that that has changed? They're still advertising it on the front page and it's still what's stated as coming up next on their Twitch page. And it was clearly stated as having a different purpose from this newly announced stream.

The one on the 25th and 26th is at "twitchcon" (a couple days later after first hearing of this and I'm still amazed and baffled that this is really a thing) and sounds like it will be someone on the show floor at the convention center in San Francisco showing off chapter 1 of the new story to guests at the convention center (and streamed to everyone else on Twitch) with the help of a bunch of "famous" (who are these people?) Twitch streamers throughout both days that the stream will be running. I expect that this format means that the coverage will be very repetitive. You'll only really need to catch it for one hour to see one guest streamer playing the chapter, and I really doubt that they'll cover anything in any particular hour that they don't cover again in another hour. And they've got 9 guests scheduled between the two days.

The one just announced for the 30th sounds like it's their typical type of stream, broadcast from their office in Austin. It's scheduled for 2 hours and promises to cover actual gameplay changes all the way through instead of showing off some of the story again.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ team is proud to announce the next installment in our livestream series!

Read More

Tait,

Could you please hold these events in the evening hours EST / CST like around 7 PM EST? While I understand it would require you to stay late and traffic in Austin can be a PITA if you decide to use I-35 and not the toll roads, for those of us who are customers and have jobs to pay for this game it would be more convenient.

Another option - while Twitch is just dandy - is to actually publish and announce the changes on your own website. I have yet to see why on G*d's green earth I need to log into Facebook, twitter, reddit, snapchat, twitch, youtube, etc. to get information that with all honesty should be found on this site.

Thanks

Interesting, I look foward to more information about the expansion :tran_smile:

Looks like no spoilers this time so I can watch the entire stream.

Maybe you missed the part where they said:

"Get ready to experience live gameplay from the upcoming expansion."

To me, that means that spoilers are possible, and should be expected.

I'm still not sure what's going on. I just got an email about stream stuff on the 25th and the 26th, this says the 30th. Granted I don't know what 'TwitchCon' is so if it's something different then okay. But some clarification from the devs would be nice.

Offiziul version: various Twitch streamers (as in not EA/BW developers) will be playing KOTFE Chapter 1 on Friday and Sunday from EA's booth at TwitchCon in San Francisco. Only Chapter 1. Developer-presented stream that focuses on gameplay/systems from BW's Austin headquarters will be on Wednesday.

Real version: we will wait till Musco goes on bathroom break and tell Twitch streamers to go into crafting menus, Alliance panel, conquest etc :tran_grin:

Edited by Pietrastor

Tait,

Could you please hold these events in the evening hours EST / CST like around 7 PM EST? While I understand it would require you to stay late and traffic in Austin can be a PITA if you decide to use I-35 and not the toll roads, for those of us who are customers and have jobs to pay for this game it would be more convenient.

Whilst that might be more convenient for you, you're not the only customer on the planet. As it is, the stream will be 10pm - Midnight here in the UK and even later for other European customers. Whenever they host their streams it will be less than convenient for the majority of players. That's what VODs are for.

Another option - while Twitch is just dandy - is to actually publish and announce the changes on your own website. I have yet to see why on G*d's green earth I need to log into Facebook, twitter, reddit, snapchat, twitch, youtube, etc. to get information that with all honesty should be found on this site.

Thanks

Heaven forbid they appeal to the majority of their player base that doesn't visit the forums but is much more likely to see their postings on social media sites. Yes, important information should be posted here, but using more popular services to disseminate that information is not an evil or lazy thing to do.

I'm hoping there will be a summary afterwards somewhere about what went on in the stream. While I would love to get more information about the game, which there has been precious little official from the devs, I don't want to see actual story content. A stream about anything else would have been better than showcasing the story you've banked the future of the game on. The Alliance system, crafting, groupfinder changes, showing off some of the new abilities you've implemented. Things like that. I enjoy watching the streams, but I don't want to see story spoilers.

P.S.-For those of you don't care or don't mind some spoilers in the hopes of getting new info, enjoy. I'm not trying to be bitter or making demands or any such nonsense. Just voicing an opinion.

I'm hoping there will be a summary afterwards somewhere about what went on in the stream. While I would love to get more information about the game, which there has been precious little official from the devs, I don't want to see actual story content. A stream about anything else would have been better than showcasing the story you've banked the future of the game on. The Alliance system, crafting, groupfinder changes, showing off some of the new abilities you've implemented. Things like that. I enjoy watching the streams, but I don't want to see story spoilers.

P.S.-For those of you don't care or don't mind some spoilers in the hopes of getting new info, enjoy. I'm not trying to be bitter or making demands or any such nonsense. Just voicing an opinion.

Yeah I hope they clarify if there will be any KoTFE gameplay or if the gameplay relates purly to what they are doing pre 50 game. This answer would depend on whether or not I would decide to watch it (not 100% what the time would be in the UK I always get it wrong) as I prefer to save KoTFE gameplay mostly to when I experience it for the first time, but I do want infor re "streamlining" and crafting and if theres a chance to ask questions I may have some.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I don't want to see any of the story beforehand. I hope those blogs about the coming changes you promised us are almost finished?!

Maybe you missed the part where they said:

"Get ready to experience live gameplay from the upcoming expansion."

To me, that means that spoilers are possible, and should be expected.

If that is the case I hope they warn before they spoil the expansion for us. I am interested in the changes and the information about the expansion but I do not go near any story spoilers.

Edited by Icestar

They say:

WHAT:

First Look at Chapter 1: The Hunt in Knights of the Fallen Empire

So clearly there will be spoilers. They have played through chapt 3, and now they are going to play through chapt 1. So we will have seen 2 of 9 chapters before launch.

I find this both very disappointing and very disconcerting. As a community we have asked to not have spoilers but to have vital information about game play. How FPs, OPs, Streamlined leveling, crafting ect ect are going to work. We continually hear back from the Devs, "Well we understand you want that information, but we have to be sensitive regarding spoilers." Then instead of getting the requested and desired information we get undesired spoilers.

Frustration levels rising.

Edited by Khiriath

They say:

WHAT:

First Look at Chapter 1: The Hunt in Knights of the Fallen Empire

So clearly there will be spoilers. They have played through chapt 3, and now they are going to play through chapt 1. So we will have seen 2 of 9 chapters before launch.

I find this both very disappointing and very disconcerting. As a community we have asked to not have spoilers but to have vital information about game play. How FPs, OPs, Streamlined leveling, crafting ect ect are going to work. We continually hear back from the Devs, "Well we understand you want that information, but we have to be sensitive regarding spoilers." Then instead of getting the requested and desired information we get undesired spoilers.

I thought that was the twitch con stuff on the 25/26 September?

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion:

On September 25-26th, there will be streams on and off both days as streamers play through some of Chapter 1 at TwitchCon. The full schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 25:

10:00 AM (PDT): Lulaboo

11:00 AM: Towelliee

12:00 PM: ZombiUnicorn

2:00 PM: LadyInsanity

3:00 PM: OMGitsfirefoxx

Saturday, September 26:

10:00 AM (PDT): LobosJR

12:00 PM: JediConsular

2:00 PM: Aureylian

3:00 PM: JoblessGamers

Then, on September 30th, we will be having a Dev Stream to talk about some of the gameplay changes coming in Game Update 4.0. The details of this can be found at the start of this thread.

Just in case two weeks in a row wasn't enough, on October 8th, we will be streaming the Cosplay Contest from the New York Cantina Tour stop.

-Tait

I have no idea why they let us view the chapters before the expansion launch. Why should we as players have to avoid certain information they release before the expansion? If they start spoiling the story again this livestream I will simply turn it off and read the summary of the non spolied information later.

Edited by Icestar

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion:

On September 25-26th, there will be streams on and off both days as streamers play through some of Chapter 1 at TwitchCon. The full schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 25:

10:00 AM (PDT): Lulaboo

11:00 AM: Towelliee

12:00 PM: ZombiUnicorn

2:00 PM: LadyInsanity

3:00 PM: OMGitsfirefoxx

Saturday, September 26:

10:00 AM (PDT): LobosJR

12:00 PM: JediConsular

2:00 PM: Aureylian

3:00 PM: JoblessGamers

Then, on September 30th, we will be having a Dev Stream to talk about some of the gameplay changes coming in Game Update 4.0. The details of this can be found at the start of this thread.

Just in case two weeks in a row wasn't enough, on October 8th, we will be streaming the Cosplay Contest from the New York Cantina Tour stop.

-Tait

Will these be archived for those of us who can't watch them live?