I am so glad I spent $1k on an SSD just for this game

KetMalice

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 3.6ghz quad 6 gig's of ram with windows 7 64 bit and I get horrible load times the further into the game i get.

It was fine until Tatooine, but then the load times became crazy long. I can't que for WF's with my friends unless im on my ship or the republic fleet now.

Aldaaran has gotten even worse.

My computer runs Skyrim on high settings flawlessly. I have well over 100+ of the best pc games available over the last few years on my Steam account. I have no problem running any of them.

I have built at least 8 computers over the last 4-5 years. I know my comps are clean and stable systems.

I have never played a game with this bad of load times in my last 10 years of pc gaming.

Having to leave the pve zone so that I can que with friends is really bothersome. Loading into Tatooine while 3 people wait on you for 3 minutes is not cool.

I have a 3.6ghz quad 6 gig's of ram with windows 7 64 bit and I get horrible load times the further into the game i get.

It was fine until Tatooine, but then the load times became crazy long. I can't que for WF's with my friends unless im on my ship or the republic fleet now.

Aldaaran has gotten even worse.

My computer runs Skyrim on high settings flawlessly. I have well over 100+ of the best pc games available over the last few years on my Steam account. I have no problem running any of them.

I have built at least 8 computers over the last 4-5 years. I know my comps are clean and stable systems.

I have never played a game with this bad of load times in my last 10 years of pc gaming.

Having to leave the pve zone so that I can que with friends is really bothersome. Loading into Tatooine while 3 people wait on you for 3 minutes is not cool.

You complain way to much. You can either wait for the game to load, or you can quit. Be an adult, not a whiny little child.

You are completely wrong about SSDs wearing out due to writing.

This is the math for a simple 64 GB SSD drive.

We assume perfect wear leveling which means we need to fill the disk 2 million times to get to the write endurance limit.

2 million (write endurance) x 64G (capacity) divided by 80M bytes / sec gives the endurance limited life in seconds.

That's a meaningless number - which needs to be divided by seconds in an hour, hours in a day etc etc to give...

The end result is 51 years!

Thats for a 64 GB SSD drive, and it gets long the bigger the drive, so I doubt your SSD will wear out before the rest of your computer becomes obsolete.

Edited by Oddzball

crappy ATI $30 video card and 6 gigs of ram I'm not sure the type of, that came with my prebuild, year old HP that was nowhere near top of the line even a year ago, when I bought it. basic dsl connection that comes bundled with phone and tv at $90 a month for the whole package. and while I have to lower my settings and disable shadows, otherwise game runs fine for me. (to be fair, i was never able to run wow on highest settings either and that game is 7 years old) I think the longest loading screen I had was about a minute. I think. not sure, I tabbed out.

even people who live in the boonies and HAVE to get either cell tower based connection or satellite don't pay that much. I think the highest I've seen was $100 a month, to get extra bandwith.

so... lying, exaggerating, or trolling?

Edited by Jeweledleah

You must be the absolute worst PC builder in the world if you built this thing yourself.

Wow.

I run on a 1 TB 7200RPM SATA-II drive. Worlds load in about 30 seconds for me with my $50 per month Cable Internet connection.

i've got a black cavier hdd and my loading screens have never been longer then 30 seconds. i also have 2 friends with exact same pc builds and they don't have loading screens that are more then 30 seconds. i'll post my specs below.

i got 50.30mb down and 4.80mb upload for internet. fibre optic.

Asus p6x58d premium mobo

corsair ddr3 triple channel 1600 mhz ram 6gb (3x2)

I7 930 @ 2.80ghz

black cavier 1tb hdd sata 3.

You complain way to much. You can either wait for the game to load, or you can quit. Be an adult, not a whiny little child.

I had to buy a second copy of this fricking game on the 20th so I could log into my account.

i have now spent 120+ on thsi crappy game and you're damn right ill complain.

If nothing else with my 120$ spent on two fricking copies i'm going to point out how much of trolls you really are.

Customers that pay for services deserves service at least as good as the competitor's give. After playing RIFT hardcore and having all of these basic features in the game from day 1 yes, I expect a company as RICH as EA and Bioware to do a better job. I've played every major mmo release for the last 8 years and this is not a finished game.

Sorry if you don't want to read it, please put me on ignore if it bothers you so much. till then

GLHF;)

I have an Agility 3 SSD which has terrible reviews and was supposed to be a piece of crap but i load between 5-10 sec max. I am always the 1st one to load into battlefields.

Just my 2 cents not sure what the prob is with your set-up but the game seems to run fine for me.

So I can sit at loading screens for 5 minutes. Also glad I spend $250 a month on my internet connection.

Well, first of all, I will agree that loading times have slowed down compared to beta, as opposed to 10-15 seconds, it's not 20-25 seconds for me... but 5 minutes just screams something wrong. And $250 for internet, you surely must be kidding. I now have a 75 down 75 up connection + TV and Phone for 109.99 a month. For $250 a month, you must be getting a weekly massage or something.

I7 2600k 4.5

8gig 2133

580DS

SSD Vertex 3 120g

Evga P67 FTW Mobo

1080p

Max settings with AA enabled via .ini

Verizon FIOS(Fiber Optic)

Loading screens take no longer than 10 seconds. They are mostly 5-8 seconds.

*I still think there is an issue somewhere though. My friends with HDD's take way to long.

I have pretty much the same system as this guy.

Longest load is ~30 seconds for Alderaan. Rest is fine. Voidstar loads in 8 seconds.