Don't like "Blade Dance"? Post a name.

Reno_Tarshil

While I have no problems with the name and I think it makes sense, I think it would be better if people provided name suggestions to what they think would sound better.

I pick Blade Dance but if I had to pick another name, I would also go with Thrusting Slash. I chose this because you first start off by thrusting your Lightsaber(s) back into your opponent and then spin around and slash the opponent.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with blade dance...but maybe Saber Dance is more appropriate.

This is the only valid alternative suggestion.

I think their reasoning as to why they changed it is moronic, though. Master Strike was a terrible name to start with, and it didn't help that the ability isn't a single "strike" at all but is instead an entire sequence of strikes.

Why not just say that instead? "The name was dumb so we made it better." Instead of making up some ******** mechanical excuse regarding Soresu Form - the tank stance - which doesn't even matter because tanks very rarely use what-will-soon-not-be-Master Strike anyway.

Since Ravage is the mirror, I looked up synonyms for ravage hoping to see something that felt "Light side".

About the only thing I saw was Havoc. Since there is a Havoc squad, I wasn't sure it'd be proper to have a Havoc Strike ability but it isn't a bad name really.

Edit: Or maybe Saber Havoc?

Meh, regardless, I don't think it really matters much what they call it. Master Strike by any other name is still going to be used by Knights.

Edited by Grayseven

This is the only valid alternative suggestion.

I think their reasoning as to why they changed it is moronic, though. Master Strike was a terrible name to start with, and it didn't help that the ability isn't a single "strike" at all but is instead an entire sequence of strikes.

Why not just say that instead? "The name was dumb so we made it better." Instead of making up some ******** mechanical excuse regarding Soresu Form - the tank stance - which doesn't even matter because tanks very rarely use what-will-soon-not-be-Master Strike anyway.

I agree with this post so much. I always hated the name "Master Strike" because it isnt 1 strike.

I find a name change kind of silly but I dont mind a name change as long as they own up to it as "we hate the name" because I buy that.

I dont think Blade Dance is a terrible name. Maybe try a few more suggestions but I dont mind it.