Any ETA on the new information about KotFE?

PavSalco

It would be nice if we get the developer blog about changes in combat or the livestream showing off new skills like you did before 3.0. You promised us to post regular updates on KotFE before Gamescom and after the latest livestream. That's already two promises, so we are kindly waiting :cool: Edited by PavSalco

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I know there are some questions about when you are gonna have some new Fallen Empire information, so here are some scheduling tidbits on what you can expect.

Our plan right now is that starting this week, over the next four weeks, we will be releasing three Class related blogs each week. One blog, will cover the Class changes which the mirrors are receiving. The other two blogs will be a full recap of those Classes stories, told from the SWTOR Encyclopedia. So, for this week you will be getting:

• The Class changes coming to Knights and Warriors*
  • A recap of the Sith Warrior story.*
  • A recap of the Jedi Knight story.*

*The schedule this week will be a little different from the next few weeks.

We will then mirror this over the next three weeks for the other set of Classes. I will let you know if for some reason that changes. I know there are other questions pending, and we are working on other posts and blogs to cover those topics as well. You will see those published over the next few weeks as we move towards the launch of Fallen Empire! Thanks.

-eric

Hey folks!

I know there are some questions about when you are gonna have some new Fallen Empire information, so here are some scheduling tidbits on what you can expect.

Our plan right now is that starting this week, over the next four weeks, we will be releasing three Class related blogs each week. One blog, will cover the Class changes which the mirrors are receiving. The other two blogs will be a full recap of those Classes stories, told from the SWTOR Encyclopedia. So, for this week you will be getting:

We will then mirror this over the next three weeks for the other set of Classes. I will let you know if for some reason that changes. I know there are other questions pending, and we are working on other posts and blogs to cover those topics as well. You will see those published over the next few weeks as we move towards the launch of Fallen Empire! Thanks.

-eric

Huh...nice! I'm anxious to see how big these changes are!

I assume the recaps are a recap of their 1-60 class story? So...spoilers I imagine?

Edited by TUXs

-eric

Just a thought, could there be a supplementary blog that literally just covers any new activated abilities and the design reasoning behind them? Just something that formally discloses key mechanical information for all classes at the same time instead of leaving certain classes waiting longer than others. Then of course having the blogs going over all changes to the classes; showing animations, utilities, and the rest.

How does a recap of classies story anyone can already read from multiple sources quailify as new expansion information by any definition? And class changes stretched over multiple weeks?

When is crafting getting detailed, companion system & Outlander's Alliance, reworked 1-50 experience, conquest changes, datacrons & new mainstat that was vaguely mentioned at the Gamescom Cantine event etc. 1 week before Early Access begins?

Edited by Pietrastor

See what happens when someone asks nicely and without spewing sewage and hyperbole all over the place. You get a gold response. :)

Nicely done PavSalco.

This cannot be... We must rise up and revolt and prevent this from happening again. People might start to get answers and the complainers wont have anything to post. And us "trolls" will have to find something else to do.

Hey folks!

-eric

So, what's the over/under on the number of days included in the BW definition of "this week"?

How does a recap of classies story anyone can already read from multiple sources quailify as new expansion information by any definition? And class changes stretched over multiple weeks?

When is crafting getting detailed, companion system & Outlander's Alliance, reworked 1-50 experience, conquest changes, group finder, datacrons & new mainstat that was vaguely mentioned at the Gamescom Cantine event etc. 1 week before Early Access begins?

I mean it nice there giving us something but as you said there a lot of a other big systems that they mentioned but haven't given us anything on. Unless the class story recap are going to give us hints at how our choice matter I don't see why they are even doing them. To me it seem like complete fluffy and a waste of time.

Like you I want to known about Alliance system, how the old game is being streamlined, and crafting. I known people will say they are going to cover them too and they very well might but we don't have a ton of time left. Four week for September and then maybe two week in October. As your list show there a lot of thing that need to be covered and it is starting to worry me why they won't even give a basic summary of these changes. I'm not even talking a detailed blog just a basic idea outline. They should have all these things well nailed down by now and should be testing them internal. If not I'm scared how bugged these system are going to be. I'm also sad because other games are happy to talk about such changes and use them to build excitement for the coming expansion, look at Guild War 2. I'll keep my finger crossed that it just poor marketing and not going to be an actual train wreck.

I kind of wanted information about the upcomming expansion, not previous class story recaps from a Encyclopedia.

But I can misunderstand what this means and it actually is good stuff for the expansion :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar

• Dev Post
Huh...nice! I'm anxious to see how big these changes are!

I assume the recaps are a recap of their 1-60 class story? So...spoilers I imagine?

Yup! We are going to call that out in the blogs as well that they are spoilery to the 1-50 Class stories.

-eric

Ok going over class changes is good, but it shouldn’t need to be spread out over a whole month. Unless you complete overhauled the system again but why story recaps? There are tons of site where I can read in great detail about class stories, if I haven’t already done them myself. Talk about a complete waste of time unless they are going to be combining or add it with real information on the expansion then it is a nice add on I guess. Otherwise what a waste. :mad:

By now we should be getting information on actual new things or changes we will be seeing in the expansion. All the other games are doing this and know this kind of communication should help sell the new expansion and at least keep people interested in it, look at Guild War 2. Instead of creating excitement and hype this lack of information is creating worry and fear in many players. If the reason they aren’t giving information as some suggested is because they haven’t complete refined the new systems, well that just scary because how are they going to test it in such a short amount of time. By now they should know what the Alliance system is and what it does. I’m not saying they should throw out complete wild ideas and get player hope up but by now they should have a good idea on how these systems work. So it shouldn’t be so hard to give a basic outline of what they are and do. I don’t understand why they refuse to talk, unless they think it going to be taken negatively by the players. Why else would you refuse to talk about your ideas? I’m just baffled by how they do marketing in this game. Yes the class information is new but we still have a lot of things that need to be addressed.

I know it not Eric fault, as he can only post what they let him.:D

See what happens when someone asks nicely and without spewing sewage and hyperbole all over the place. You get a gold response. :)

Nicely done PavSalco.

It is nice to see isn't it? :)

Now, patience is a virtue, but we hunger for more details. :D So, show us what you got BW. Is it possible to setup additional Live Streams to show us some of these changes like you did previously and explain any mechanic and stat changes?

Hey folks!

-eric

This is good. I'm very glad you've given us a more clear-cut timetable on what we'll see and when.

I know there are other questions pending, and we are working on other posts and blogs to cover those topics as well. You will see those published over the next few weeks as we move towards the launch of Fallen Empire!
It's also good to know that the publishing of the class-related details will not conflict with the blog posts about crafting, PvP, PvE, etc.

I do have to wonder though, why are we getting a recap of the class stories? Isn't that specifically delving into spoiler territory, for people who haven't played yet? My friend is going to start playing the game in preparation for KotFE and while he may want details of the expansion, he hasn't played the class stories yet, and won't want all that content to be spoiled for him.

If you could specify what you mean by "recap" that would be very appreciated. Do you mean you will be talking about the changes you're making to the aforementioned stories? You have told us that you will be "revisiting" the class stories and making some kind of adjustments and enhancements, but I do not believe we have any specifics related to this topic. Is that what you mean by the class story recaps?

Edited by idnewton

The story blogs arn't for the veterans. They are for people who need a bit of a short story to explain the storyline of each class without actually doing the story.

Yeah, but you know how things are around here. We are entitled to get what we want naaaoooo. We don't need no stinking recap. I think that the dirt on Yavin4 is very unrealistic. I want an update on the plans to fix that immediately. :D

Nice to finally see some blogs coming, but in my mind, it is too little too late. We were promised information on the Alliance system around Gamescom and still don't know how Influence works.

Instead, we are now getting one class blog a week. IMO, the resources put into recapping the class stories would have been better served somewhere else - after all, for months you advertised how the past is history and we are now the Outlander, a veteran of the war.

Of course, I'm hoping that at least the blog on the class changes will go in detail - like names and tooltips of all new abilities plus their icons and .gifs of the animations, each with a dev comment on why this was necessary. But my expectations aren't too high.

Edited by Jerba

Great to see that we are finally going to be getting some information for the new expansion. Just curious though, are we also going to get future livestreams in order to see some of these new skills like last time before 3.0, or is it just planned to be blogs at this point?

Yeah, but you know how things are around here. We are entitled to get what we want naaaoooo. We don't need no stinking recap. I think that the dirt on Yavin4 is very unrealistic. I want an update on the plans to fix that immediately. :D

I'm not entitled to anything but I do feel they are engaging in bad marketing plan, which I am happy to voice. My excitement for the new expansion is down some and I am worried. Does it mean the expansion or game is doomed no but I also think they are missing a great chance to get people re-interested in the game. Most people talk about their product because it helps sell it, example in case the new Guild War 2. When they refuse to talk about things, it makes people worried that either they are behind or the system won’t be like by the players etc. Of course this could be wrong but I don’t think it entitled to ask for information on something I’m spending my money on.