2 year + Fanboy of Swtor sadly cancels his account.

Dualthreat

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of this honestly if your that close minded go then. Your not really a SWTOR fan if your going to quit after the first WEEK of it being out in retial i am sorry

This had me rolling right here. Did you mean star wars fan? Obviously yes he's not a SWTOR fan if he quits after a week, but good on you pointing that out.

The game doesn't appeal to him, as it doesn't appeal to me. If someone gives you 30 days to play peggle, and it feels like a chore for you to log on and play because you don't enjoy it, are you going to continue playing peggle and wasting your time?

I am SICK of people being so whiney about this game. It has gotten good reviews by the press and i think OVERALL most people who have it LIKE IT its just this forums are filled with negitivity because i think the people who actually like it are out playing the game and the rest of you are just sitting here whining about it.

How do you know the press didn't get paid for it. Do you HONESTLY believe that websites that advertise SWTOR are going to give it bad reviews? Think first, post second.

I like the CE i like the game and i support it. If you are leaving after less then a month at launch then YOU ARE NOT A REAL FAN!

Correct, not a SWTOR fan, already established above.

Besides this is a way better launch then Star Wars Galaxies was and even after the big NCE change you still had a loyal fanbase if you can have a bunch of people play that game for 8 years and actually break down crying when the game is over (and be upset that is over)

You can't compare SWTOR to galaxies. Galaxies was original. SWTOR is WoW in space.

Granted, for those who play Galaxies the world does not feel as open to start with. i.e. you cant just hop aboard your new "ship" and fly to any planet you want right away but honestly combined with the story it makes you feel like you really are on a journey and i assume once you get a ship you will be able to open up places and the like.

A journey, where the storytelling is still limited by the MMO genre.

This is a good game, it may have flaws , but it JUST launched. You are expecting this game to be perfect at launch?

No but I expect it to be in the ballpark of quality as WoW, especially if Bioware is going to ask for 15 bucks a month. One thing you don't realize is that people aren't going to give Bioware time to fix the game that should have been released in the first place if they're going to play.

This is biowares FIRST MMO give these guys a break. For what they did it is really good and i enjoy it very much and look foward to playing it more.

Doesn't matter. Their job is to make a product that's a viable competition to WoW. Doesn't matter if they are new or not. They chose to enter the MMO genre, they have to perform based on standards that have been set.

You sound incredibly threatened.

Edited by BrambLed

Well the reason i said that is that he kept saying"im a big fan" several times yeah. A real fan doesnt quit supporting the team when it has a rough start. Because if its the greatest thing on earth then everyone will like it and in that case your not a real fan your just joining in because everyone else likes it.

The game is solid on its own. i found combat fun maybe you just choice a class and advanced class you didnt like for some reason. and the world feels static? Hello! Most MMO worlds are static

You want cut and paste? try Star Wars Galaxies.

I like the world it seems interesting and large sure it may not be perfect but coming from Star Wars Galaxies it is a big improvement it may not be quite as "lush" as World of Warcraft but then again there were a lot of areas in the game that was kind of copy and pasted (some of the towns etc) so.

I think this will be a fun game for me i am looking foward to seeing the planets honestly

You are just being overly picky besides they never made a HUGE focus on PVP other then the warzones (and more pvp content i am sure will come too)

The main focus of this game was the story that is their main drive and in that aspect it succeeds i even find the side quests fun. I like the longer cutscenes because it gives you a nice break up from the "questing" I dont dread the cutscenes i enjoy them.

That is really the thing that sets this game apart from all other MMOs the rest of the game may have issues but if you do not like the story and you do not like the cutscenes (even the side quest ones) then chances are you wont really like the game.

but even the quests arnt that bad the mini map helps to show you where your objectives are i am enjoying it.

and its worth the 150 /60 bucks in my opinion well maybe not the 150 bucks that was mainly a gift for myself christmas

and i am going to stick around because i want to see what they have planned in the future!

Sorry you coudnt like the game but its not my fault if you played the beta you had the chance to see what the game was like, did you think they would magically fix everything? the last beta test was a month from the games release. there is no way they could have changed a lot of stuff in a month.

The game is fine and its fun for me. But as i said you want to leave leave. there is still going to be a ton of people who play i think.

True, I mean whoever heard of an MMO that has macros, great UI and non-clunky mechanics un launch ?!?

Oh wait, I guess pretty much everyone who played Rift on launch, did.

A *********** small time game company called Trion Worlds achieved with a portion of the budget what the EA-BW abomination could not.

God what an annoying way to answer, you had a point but your attitude works against you.

On the other hand, do yoy realize SWTOR is exploring narrative in mmo's in a groundbreaking way? That is their prime contribution to the genre, those things you are annoyed because its not there at launch will probably get there... doubt Rift will ever have a narrative system as good as this.

Relax people, stop comparing and just enjoy it as it is, do make you opinions heard but do not whine

The point was they quit over the reasons the fan site reviews given, bad combat, overkill on cut scenes, way to much walking for no good reason, dead world with static mobs that don't move, single player game poorly done. Pvp is pretty terrible and boring. These are just a few of the reasons you see 6.1/10 ratings by thousands of fan's reviewing the game. I know those who love it don't like to hear this but ignoring it won't make it go away or be invalid when such a large number lead to these ratings. Anways if you like it that is good, keep playing it!

The problem is that it is a game. It is very much like other games in this genre.

I have yet to see a game with all the things the people are complaining about. There is not game that has NPCs constantly moving and performing different actions from day to day. They are always set on some sort of basic pathing that.

The comabat is as good as any other game on the market. Again I am not sure what these mystery games all of these people are playing to compare this one to and if they are all so good why they even left them to come try this one in the first place.

The problem is people did not see the reality of what this game was going to be as it was right in front of them the entire time. All the information was there and they kept ignoring it and hoping for something that just isn't going to be made any time soon.

GW2 will end up the same as it will still be a game, very much like all of the other MMO games out there with a few added twist.

Your magical perfect game does not exist and will not exist for many years to come if ever.

Edited by Grunn

look a 6 / 10 rating....oh wait

Let me say this again. Websites that are paid to advertise a game, aren't going to **** down the game's throat. Maybe you don't know much about money though. Game review websites have not been able to be trusted for years.

and i am going to stick around because i want to see what they have planned in the future!

The point being made here is that the game doesn't have enough features to hold interest in it's current incarnation.

That's why you have people that don't want to stick around.

You said earlier you had never gotten to max level in an MMO, that explains why you are enjoying yourself so much.

I played WoW for the entire 7 years, we just have different standards for quality of our MMO.

Each to their own, as people leave more join - it's just the way things work - I suspect you will have the same experience regardless of what MMO you try if you form an opinion so quickly.

If I had based my WoW experience on level 1-25 as opposed to heroic raiding it's like comparing chalk and cheese, you should know better.

Edited by Gravetongue

wow. apparently we are playing two different games.

this is the most lively feeling game i have ever played.

I have to agree with the OP, it feels lifeless and dull, empty.

And somehow manages to feel unnecessarily long in terms of travel times and yet amazingly small as whenever you leave the linear path,you hit an exhaustion wall.

Let me say this again. Websites that are paid to advertise a game, aren't going to **** down the game's throat. Maybe you don't know much about money though. Game review websites have not been able to be trusted for years.

Except that site he linked is ratings based off over 220 user ratings atm not the website.

Wow, just wow.. are all of you so damn immature that you cant let the OP state his reasons for leaving and move on? Or do all you fanboi's sit up at night looking for yet new ways to say old remarks in a new cutting manner? The lot of you make me want to puke, and lower the mental age bracket of this game by at LEAST 20 years. Some of you sound like your frikin 12 and had your cookie taken away your so petulant.

So , let the OP state what he wanted, which MAY EVEN BE ACCURATE EH? (shutup fanboi) and move on. Running your mouths after that is moronic, wait sorry, stupid, no wait, uhm.. just shut up and let it go.

Idiots

Sad to see people failing to enjoy a game for what it is and being upset over what it isn't, or for what's wrong with it instead of what's right. The game will evolve. It will grow. It will improve. But hey, if you don't feel like its worth sticking around to see that improvement made, then more power to you.

Wow, just wow.. are all of you so damn immature that you cant let the OP state his reasons for leaving and move on? Or do all you fanboi's sit up at night looking for yet new ways to say old remarks in a new cutting manner? The lot of you make me want to puke, and lower the mental age bracket of this game by at LEAST 20 years. Some of you sound like your frikin 12 and had your cookie taken away your so petulant.

So , let the OP state what he wanted, which MAY EVEN BE ACCURATE EH? (shutup fanboi) and move on. Running your mouths after that is moronic, wait sorry, stupid, no wait, uhm.. just shut up and let it go.

Idiots

practice what you preach maybe?

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed, OP. I have been excited about this game since I first heard about it in 2008. I registered an account back then but was not active in the forums, and I didn't go out of my way too much to read up on the game. I didn't become active here until I created this account in 2011 (because my first account had the same username as the email attached to it, and I was concerned about the security risk).

Basically, I was excited about the game, but I kept my distance because I didn't want to build the game up in my mind only to be disappointed when it didn't live up to my unrealistic expectations.

Maybe that was a good decision for me because I am really enjoying the game. I haven't had this much fun with an MMO in many, many years, and I'm looking forward to seeing what BW has in store for it.

Edited by belialle

I think a lot of people over hyped this game. They expected way too much in my opinion. In the end it is just a mmo like other mmos has the same issues and restrictions. I find it hard to believe people wont even give them a month. Did everyone expect a perfect polished game with tons of perfect content? Really?

Pretty much this.

Also you shouldn't come in here saying your a Star wars fan, ok grats? Just because you like star wars doesn't mean you'll like the game.