I feel misled about early access... Do you? Vent here...

Tobba_the_Hutt

I originally thought, BioWare was going to allow early access for anyone who pre-ordered and registered your pre-order code BEFORE a certain cutoff day pre set by BioWare. For example a date like November 1st 2011 and that anyone who pre-ordered before the cutoff date would have early access the same day as everyone else. I think its a really poorly thought out marketing gimmick.

:D I hope BioWare reads all of our complaints and gives early access to ANYONE who pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered the collectors edition and registered my code on 09.05.2011. I understand this is not the earliest the game could have been pre-ordered.

I was really looking forward to playing SWTOR today Dec 13th.

You were never promised to play by Dec. 13th. The official release date is Dec. 20th. Their statement was "You MAY play up to 5 days early," which implies that you may get EGA, or you might not, and even if you do, there's no guarantee that you won't get it on Dec. 19th.

You didn't get mislead, you lack basic reading comprehension and have a self-entitled attitude, just like 90% of this community.

Bioware clearly stated that they were going to split up the invitations. Also, when you pre-ordered the game they stated that you "MAY PLAY UP TO 5 DAYS EARLY", not "YOU WILL PLAY 5 DAYS EARLY". Just take a big chill pill; we will all be playing before the 20th assuming you pre-ordered. Not only that, but bioware is giving us an extra two days of EGA so your invitation might come sooner than you think.

Stop being like 97% of the people on the forums

Edited by twiztidhavok

I'm not trying to be rude here, but you are one of thousands who have been online all day screaming to the heavens their disdain for the way that this EGA has been handled.

No matter how unhappy you are with how it was done, it was done that way. They aren't going to alter the way they did it.

I'm pretty surprised that threads keep popping up about it though, as if it were some sort of original thought.... when threads with 350 pages on the subject have been made and closed in a single business day's time.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but you are one of thousands who have been online all day screaming to the heavens their disdain for the way that this EGA has been handled.

Actually, no. I don't have a single problem with the way Bioware is handling the EGA. Its the best way they could possibly handle it considering the amount of pre-orders they have gotten for this game.

I originally thought, BioWare was going to allow early access for anyone who pre-ordered and registered your pre-order code BEFORE a certain cutoff day pre set by BioWare. For example a date like November 1st 2011 and that anyone who pre-ordered before the cutoff date would have early access the same day as everyone else. I think its a really poorly thought out marketing gimmick.

:D I hope BioWare reads all of our complaints and gives early access to ANYONE who pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered the collectors edition and registered my code on 09.05.2011. I understand this is not the earliest the game could have been pre-ordered.

I was really looking forward to playing SWTOR today Dec 13th.

The BW nazi's are hammering any thread of any substance in order for them to be able to act like things are going well and everyone is happy.

I think there is argument for being "misled" in that this extended play has not been run like any other extended play before in a MMOG. The latest MMOG I came from was Rift. Liked the game a lot, but guild fell apart and blah blah blah; so whatever. But early access has typically been "you pre-order by X, you get into early access", there wasn't a lot of hoopla about it. And I got caught in that too, I preordered end of July, but didn't enter my code for a few weeks cause I was thinking "well this shouldn't matter too much". But it did. My bad, should have been more on top of it. Technically there is nothing they did wrong, they said up to 5 days, extended it to the 13th and such. But I think the working assumption based off of other MMOG releases would be that early access is early access.

Que sera sera, didn't work out that way. I am a bit frustrated with how they are handling their early access, but it is as it is. I think they're trying too much for an early access, but the beginnings of any MMOG are a bit tumultuous. Hopefully they learn and take this into account. There's a lot to learn when releasing a MMOG and no one has been perfect. I think we've all come to expect queues, but maybe they're looking to minimize that effect. For whatever reason, this is the release we're getting; while it's easy to be impatient (and I am for sure), nothing is going to change the way it is. So chill out, do some quests, earn some silver, we're all friends here. (cookie to who knows the reference)

No, I was not misled.

I originally wasn't going to preorder. I broke down and did it early because of the staged entry. I bought for my wife and I, and encouraged her sister to do so as well. Around November my wife told me she got me the CE for Christmas, but hadn't been able to get a code from Best Buy. I freaked (because I knew the order mattered) we tried again, they screwed us around again, we canceled there and ordered from Walmart. My sister-in-law gets the account I thought would be mine and can play tonight, mine waits for the wave that hits November.

Was I misled through any of that? Certainly not by EA or Bioware. The information was out there, and pretty clearly communicated in every announcement they made concerning the preorder.

People made assumptions that it would be like other launches, and didn't read. Or they did read, but were incapable of deciphering what was there. But the information WAS there, and there really isn't any justification for feeling misled.

You were never promised to play by Dec. 13th. The official release date is Dec. 20th. Their statement was "You MAY play up to 5 days early," which implies that you may get EGA, or you might not, and even if you do, there's no guarantee that you won't get it on Dec. 19th.

You didn't get mislead, you lack basic reading comprehension and have a self-entitled attitude, just like 90% of this community.

The thing is, after a certain number of preorders, Bioware knew that orders after that had no chance in hell of getting early access for 5 days, but still told them they MAY get early access for 5 days. All they had to do was start showing with each order when they'd get early access. If they clearly communicated this with the fanbase, you wouldn't have this outrage. If that "PREORDER TO GET EARLY ACCESS UP TO 5 DAYS" wasn't plastered all over the site(and it still is, sadly), and it actually gave you an updated number when you ordered of how many early access days you would have, people wouldn't be so pissed off.

Even after they added two EGA days to up the count to seven, they could have been crystal clear and said, "We're adding two more days of EGA, but only letting in preorders from the first dew days of preorders in that timeframe. Thanks."

People would be mad, but they'd have a clear idea going in what was going on. As it is, BioWare's decided to be as vague and clear-as-mud as possible.

People don't like waiting in the dark. Poor communication from the company to the players is not a good thing for longevity. Add on how they are serially deleting any thread mentioning the PvP bug DIRECTLY caused by their EGA system, and you have not the worst launch in mmo history, but not a great one. The game can't work properly because they won't let people in to play it, and their solution at this time... is to continue NOT letting people in to play it.

And yes, it is a launch. The BioWare founders and others on the dev team have called it that. Thanks.

The thing is, after a certain number of preorders, Bioware knew that orders after that had no chance in hell of getting early access for 5 days, but still told them they MAY get early access for 5 days. All they had to do was start showing with each order when they'd get early access. If they clearly communicated this with the fanbase, you wouldn't have this outrage. If that "PREORDER TO GET EARLY ACCESS UP TO 5 DAYS" wasn't plastered all over the site(and it still is, sadly), and it actually gave you an updated number when you ordered of how many early access days you would have, people wouldn't be so pissed off.

Even after they added two EGA days to up the count to seven, they could have been crystal clear and said, "We're adding two more days of EGA, but only letting in preorders from the first dew days of preorders in that timeframe. Thanks."

People would be mad, but they'd have a clear idea going in what was going on. As it is, BioWare's decided to be as vague and clear-as-mud as possible.

People don't like waiting in the dark. Poor communication from the company to the players is not a good thing for longevity. Add on how they are serially deleting any thread mentioning the PvP bug DIRECTLY caused by their EGA system, and you have not the worst launch in mmo history, but not a great one. The game can't work properly because they won't let people in to play it, and their solution at this time... is to continue NOT letting people in to play it.

And yes, it is a launch. The BioWare founders and others on the dev team have called it that. Thanks.

No. "You May Play Up To 5 Days Early." MAY. As in maybe, possibly, unguaranteed, we'll see, etc.

Edited by Akrokyl

I paid $150 for pre-order...I'm sorry to expect that I'll get to start as the same time as others who paid just as much or less.....it's one thing to be delayed playing due to too much lag, etc....but because the company running it is only allowing an X amount per day.....just wow... :rolleyes:

I don't feel misled in any way. They are doing exactly what they said they were doing. They even threw in a few extra days.

What I am though is disappointed. Through no fault of my own an error on my account delayed my code redemption by a week, so I won't get in until tomorrow.

I realize I'll still be getting in a day earlier then we were originally told, still, my friends are playing and I'm not. It's hard not to feel just a little disappointed.