Only Long Time SWTOR Players Will Remember...

NoahRedden

The Interrogator bug. SITH WARRIORS ERRYWHERE!

Also, when Lost Island was hard. I hear all these filthy casuals talking about how it's the easiest 50HM now or something...not knowing of the pre-nerf pre-2.0 days when the LR-1 Sentinel Droid ate bads for breakfast and PUGs for lunch.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember having to make do with faction specific armor before having the glorious CM Collections to fix that.

lol the only reason i made a sentinel (or pub toon) was to get the awesome blue/black color crystal. Then I never went back to empire side again lol..

Yeah, they took that out just after 3.0 hit, seems to me. And here we are all the way up 3.2.2a.

No sure what OP's point is in any event? Nostalgia? Happiness that all those annoyances are gone? Just a list?

This thread is meant to be to recognize all the changes that has happened in the game. Its just to remember the changes. Everyone else seems to be doing that. You seem kind of miserable.

And I get it that it was only changed last year, but I really didn't know what to call this thread so I called it that. If that is an annoyance to you then you don't have to come on this thread. I don't see how this thread can irritate you.

Edited by NoahRedden

First set of pvp gear ( it was a blue set not purple) was sold at the capitols where you bought lvl 20-45 gear.

That lasted a whole three weeks I think, oh and you could buy it before you got to 50. I had that set at 30 I think before they removed it

Walking from flight point A to get the next flight point bon Tattoine cause you couldn't afford your speeder ability yet.

Level 45 or so speeder ability from trainer 250,000 credits

Not being able to get sprint until lvl 15 was by far a challenge, we used to run Black Talon and warzones until we hit 15 and got sprint, so we didn't have to go to DK and slow walk everywhere. Now you can get a vehicle at lvl 10 with legacy or CM....how times have changed. :rak_03:

The glory days of the craptastic open world PVP on Ilum (even if it ended up being a lot of base camping) and being rewarded with Valor for your kills.

The wonderful days before the Cartel Market.

When Sorcs had our phenomenally awesome Wrath proc in it's original form that would instant cast anything making madness/lightning hybrids gods in pvp because of Chain Lightning Wrath proc.

The hours long que times just to get into a server (sucked, but it sure was a sight to see).

The epic failure of their Pre-Launch Guild Program. OK, so maybe not an epic failure; failure for some people though. Like the guild I was in at release, a US guild, got put on a server which apparently was an unofficial Portuguese or some foreign language server thereby causing all us English speaking people to reroll on another server.

When Australia was told they would have to wait 2 months and a week or so after NA/EU launch to play, thus creating (funny as hell)....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaaHHnBKC0k

people love these "see I was here longer than you" posts in games don't they? Kinda funny against other games and/or franchises I play this game is still just a kid (if I recall this game released to retail in 2011 correct?....wow a whole 4 years old).....

Anyway I was here for the first six months then I had to leave until I came back a few weeks ago....actually I think its been a month now...time flies.

I remember the saving for the speeder thing the most vividly of everything on that list for sure...

I remember hating PVP in this game...but I don't think that's the type of thing you meant......:)

Legacy has always been here but it was just a name. The first iteration of legacy xp was broke and we were getting full amounts of xp.

The gtn's used to not be linked to republic side. Had to go to Nar Shadda for a neutral GTN that never had crap on it.

not that old but the most awesome bug in the world where the character select screen when first logging in or logging out would have the camera zoomed out so you could see the whole char.

Dune sea. without speeder. Never again.

Ashara having weird placeholder textures instead of skin.

Missing eyes.

Grinding outside castle panteer to level up to take on Darth Zash

Black yellow colour crystals EVERYWHERE.

Legacy has always been here but it was just a name. The first iteration of legacy xp was broke and we were getting full amounts of xp.

True, and you had to complete Act 1 before you could choose your legacy name.

The gtn's used to not be linked to republic side. Had to go to Nar Shadda for a neutral GTN that never had crap on it.

Yes, exactly, it was a separate system, that's why it was so annoying and rarely used. I remember that I had a character of each faction parked on the promenade just for this GTN. I used it to transfer money between my characters, because back then we couldn't even send mail to our characters on the other side.

• When Social armor sets where light weight only.
  • When the Tirsa Prime was actually sold by the vendor on Voss who still has it on display but doesn't sell it anymore.
  • When people camped orobird nests on Alderaan to snatch an egg or two to get a pet.
  • When people knew what NVSCCS and MGSS were and how to use them.

Edited by KyaniteD

When HM FPs dropped set bonus gear (then again, they were hard back in the day)

Edit: They were actually considered part of progression at launch; you were expected to have set bonus from HMFPs before setting foot in ops. Now they're utterly irrelevant and can be completely skipped in progression due to Ziost gear.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk