Only Long Time SWTOR Players Will Remember...

NoahRedden

I remember having to buy a new speeder for each speeder rank. And there weren't exactly many options, either.p

I HATED that!! It took like a million credits to buy a level 3 speeder, not to mention what you had to pay to get the training for it.

Speaking of training, I am SO happy that they no longer make you pay to upgrade your abilities anymore. My older toons would be millionaires like 5 times over if not for having to pay so much for level 50 abilities.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observation: not "planetary comms", but "per-planet comms"...

The item called "Planetary Commendation" came in with 2.0, replacing a different type of commendation for each planet. And real long-time players would know the difference. (I started not long before 2.0 came out, just long enough for my first character to reach Coruscant and do a bit of work there, and be frustrated that I had these "Tython Commendations" that were no longer of any use....)

Ohhh... I remember those. Korriban commendations were difficult to obtain and I had to farm them in one of the tombs for hours just to get the blue quality chest armor.

The game is definitely more polished now, but honestly most of those things should have all been there at launch. Takes a while to get something like this ramped up I suppose, I just hope the shaky start didn't permanently lessen the player base.

Only Long Time SWTOR Players Will Remember...

Walking into the House Organa cantina, Alderaan Pub-side, and having a herd of sins or operatives uncloak and slash you to pieces. Or being a Sin yourself and jumping up onto a little ledge in there to leap onto Pubs heads when they walk in.

Huttball - All day/erryday. For a while I actually hated that map.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• No speeders in spaceports
  • Endgame gear was not modifiable
  • After becoming modifiable, the endgame gear had the set bonus attached to the shell (pre-campaign)
  • Fleet pass had an 18 hour cooldown (or thereabouts)
  • Quick travel had a 30 minute cooldown (or thereabouts)
  • No quick travel to your ship

Edited by MillionsKNives

Ohhh... I remember those. Korriban commendations were difficult to obtain and I had to farm them in one of the tombs for hours just to get the blue quality chest armor.

They used to have stations in the fleets for each different planet- it was very confusing and quite annoying as well, although it was kind of cool that each planetary commendation looked different.

I remember being in BETA and saying to myself, "I'm getting the collector's edition. Just for a free crystal and mount. Save myself some expense and speed up leveling a hair."

My how times have changed. These days, most subscribers have full sets of modified gear, multiple high level crystals, and countless other doo dads just waiting for them to get to a point in game when they can interact with a mailbox and retrieve them.

And after October there will be even more ... pistols, a companion, and even more gear options. It is literally going to get to a point where you will have to have a maxed out inventory bay just to hold all the Christmas like free crap you get for being in the game as a subscriber for an extended period of time.

The things we take for granted these days ...

Yeah, they took that out just after 3.0 hit, seems to me. And here we are all the way up 3.2.2a.

No sure what OP's point is in any event? Nostalgia? Happiness that all those annoyances are gone? Just a list?

The point is to show how things have changed in game in three years. Both the good and the bad.

Only 2 windows open max...and you couldn't move them...they were statically placed. You'd be shopping the GTN, trying to buy something or list something from your inventory, you'd be on page 45 of 195, your companion would return and it would close your freaking GTN window, resetting your entire search.

• battlemaster comm pack (right name?) was a backpack of sorts with chance for pvp piece) you could buy with wz comms
  • recruit gear out of the chests in outlaws den
  • free set of pvp gear upon hitting 50
  • lost island being a PIA FP
  • no group finder
  • 8v8 ranked
  • valor boxes in what is now gree event area

Oh...and the training droid you get with the digital deluxe version: used to actually be useful in combat because it would cause a little extra damage. they took that ability away not long after launch. why they dont just make the thing a full fledged pet leaves me in bewilderment.

Only able to do 1 of each lvl 50 flashpoint a week and the only way to know that you already did it was to try to enter the door.

the only way to augment your gear was to crit while crafting it, leading to people mainly wearing crafted gear. I once tracked down a guy selling an augmented chest piece on gtn. I sent him a mail to make him an offer. I offered him 100k and to reimburse him on every failed attempt to augment. He turned me down. :(

Having to change instances on fleet or planets to talk in specific chat channels when people werent on your same instance. I spent a lot of time selling might hilt 24 (I think), having to jump between instances to get more people to see my WTS message.

Having to sprint across every planets orbital station because mounts werent allowed, they also were allowed on planet star ship hangers

darkside corruption turning my marauders awesome red chest piece pink.

getting color matrix shards on each planet because the matrix cube relics were actually BIS

Edited by JSitruc

Only 2 windows open max...and you couldn't move them...they were statically placed. You'd be shopping the GTN, trying to buy something or list something from your inventory, you'd be on page 45 of 195, your companion would return and it would close your freaking GTN window, resetting your entire search.

LOL, yeah, I remember exactly *that* happening to me all the time, so frustrating!

Anyone remember those 4 weeks or so when the GTN search option "Usable By" was actually working? :rak_03:

Oh, and the days when augment slots where only available on crafted gear and could hold augments of any level regardless of the level of the shell, and augments were random-stats drops from slicing missions...

And will that help you (or anyone) enjoy the game more in its current state?

Does it have to have any practical use beyond the fun of remembering together? Do you never sit together with your friends and families and remember events from last christmas or last birthday party etc.?

I've actually forgotten about some of the things here, and it's nice to remember and be reminded and see how things have changed for the better (mostly) or for the worse (in some cases), how far we've come. It makes us appreciate a couple things that we're taking for granted now. Now shoo, Grumpy, find another thread.

Edited by KyaniteD

Argh, don't remind me of that, I was just making a major breakthrough with my therapist over that, thanks for reminding me :p

that brief period of time where you could send a whisper to any character in a persons legacy, and if that person happened to be on another character the whisper would still go to them. Then it was removed because it was ruled a bug..