Which Stronghold would you like to see added next?

Daylooin

On 1/16/2023 at 2:42 AM, JamesMijkael said:

I would like to see personal flagships as strongholds. Smaller than the Guild flagship strongholds, but larger than the personal ship.

For example: The Hammerhead class cruiser for Republic players and an Imperial ship of similar size for Imperial players. 

It could say be 2 or 3 levels instead of the 5 you get with the Guild flagships.

Say for example: 

Middle/main floor: Command bridge, left and right gunner, analytics, engine room, common area.

Lower floor: A hanger

Upper floor: General's quarters, crew quarters, other rooms?

Something like this I feel will be neat given the progression of the characters. Feels kind of weird still using the Defender as my ship. 

With the Harrower and Valor ships already used as guild flagships, being able to have the Terminus destroyer/Thranta corvette as personal (mobile!) strongholds makes perfect sense. Though I could understand if they run into complications with making it moveable between planets, I'd still be happy if it were parked at the Fleet. 

Hmmm !  I might as well give this one more shot!  Couldn't hurt!  

My own particular preferences: 

** Expand Manann: Perhaps underwater tunnels (with clear views outside of the tunnel).  Also, the area on top of the structure outside needs better access.  I do have mine decorated but not everyone is able to see/work with it.  Also, a large dome under water would be really cool if that could be done!  (Come to think of it this has been recommended in a couple of places).

_______

A Space station (NOT an apartment IN a station)
* This would consist of a multilevel unit with at least three observations decks or viewpoints (see link for example). One of which should have a special breathtaking view. 
*Also included would be 3 (perhaps 4) defensive platforms (for either asteroid application or simply remote / orbital applications.
* Three docking ports (preferably) and one shuttle bay (with functional door).
*Defensive platforms: possibly mobile and not attached to said station (unlocked separately from station).
* The inside rooms would vary in size .. some definitely larger than Mannan (the inside rooms)
* Initially I would suggest 1000 - 1200 hooks to decorate (probably even more).  This would help optimize arrangement possibilities.
* Several floors ... some with windows .. some without.

Kind of an example given in link

http://area51.alienmedia.net/SWTORstationV2.jpg

_______

A Nice Ski Chalet. 
*Yes.  This should be something exciting and refreshing.  A really nice resort area to enjoy away from the normal stab-stab, pew-pew, deserted ruins or other similar surroundings.  While those other SH building have a definite place in the overall scheme of things ...  so does a time of refreshing and renew.  There are now a couple of "winter" armor sets that will work well with this setting.
*  It should also include a functioning ski lift and allow players to make a run down an interesting course!
______

Commanders Get-Away on Odessen (unless that area is about to be closed out.) 
* Pretty much self-explanatory.  After all this is the HQ for the alliance.  As long as we're not looking at another situation for utilizing ruins do help define the stronghold.

Edited by OlBuzzard

17 hours ago, JamesMijkael said:

So the next stronghold will be Mek Sha apartment via galactic seasons. 

Discuss. Looks good but dark. I hope they add more lights to the game that look good as well as actually giving off light. 

If Mek Sha is the next one (and off of the same theme as what we've been seeing ..)  

(never mind ... total bust!!!!!! )

On 2/10/2023 at 2:09 AM, JamesMijkael said:

Discuss. Looks good but dark. I hope they add more lights to the game that look good as well as actually giving off light. 

Is Mek-Sha on the PTS yet? I looked around Fleet and didn't see a kiosk for it.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

On 2/10/2023 at 2:09 AM, JamesMijkael said:

This is so cool. First thing I said when I stepped off my ship in Mek-Sha is that I wanted a SH there. That was only a few weeks ago and here we are!

I know we already have a couple sketchy SH's, Rishi and Nar Shadaa, but nothing as bad as Mek-Sha. Great for all sorts of ne'er-do-wells. And, for certain Sith Lords who prefer hanging with the real folk and not the palace crowd (that's my character).

The worst part of this all is now I will have a whole 'nother SH to decorate! I only just got started on Rishi. (Only played 2 months so far.)

Oh! OH! My question is, does anyone know approximately when the Mek-Sha SH is going to drop? Is it like, a month away or a year away?

Edited by coachVV

7 minutes ago, coachVV said:

My question is, does anyone know approximately when the Mek-Sha SH is going to drop? Is it like, a month away or a year away?

Probably whenever  THIS:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927605-content-from-game-update-721-on-the-pts/  ... is  done tested & ready for 'ive' servers.

Best guess:  sometime in MARCH , since  'Galactic Seasons 3'  ends here in like a couple weeks i think?

The New Mek-Sha stronghold looks okay, reused area from the planet, but whatever.

What is really stupid about it though is the price. It's currently 14 Galactic Seasons tokens on PTS. This is unacceptable to make it to live. The fleet strongholds were 8 tokens each. Making this cost 14 would result in basically no tokens for anything else in Galactic Seasons 3. It is unnecessary gate-keepy and it's really not that impressive enough of a stronghold to justify the price at all.

The fleet strongholds were and in many cases still are buggy with issues never being addressed like floating floor decorations. If you're going to charge a lot, it needs to be amazing, and if it's not amazing, then it needs to be much less. Can already foresee this stronghold being way too dark and drab, which may have a certain appeal, but at this stage the stronghold is not worth 14. Drop it to 8 like the fleet strongholds were and then you're in the ballpark on value. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I haven't even used my tokens from last season as there was nothing, I needed nor wanted considering I have all the companions and 90% of the rest of the stuff, so now I have something to use my tokens on and I have enough even at the beginning of this new season.   

• 4 weeks later...