Well, nothing new on this post. It's understandable that beta players with

early access will find the every single exploit in the game and use it to their

advantage.

I would most definitly rollback all servers on the 19th and zero out any gains

by anyone. On the 20th everyone will star fresh, those with early access had

up to 7 days of fun playing the game and doing a final in-game test for bugs

and exploits. Especially on PVP servers where level gains = gear and money

which gives a clear advantage to those players. The players won't quit the game

because of it, they have an investment in the game and experience with the final

product and that alone is enough of an advantage. If some do quit, so be it; there

are thousands more just waiting to get into the game!

yes but we were promised to get to keep characters .. of course they could change the note that says that then repost to forum tomorrow and say that we misunderstood:rolleyes:

not like i didn't hear that before

Im cancelling my preorder if something is not done by the 15th.

No way im starting on the same server my friends and guild are set on if its going to feel like a 3 month old server.

I buy a new game to take part in just that.

Yea yea, good old story. You will never, ever cancel your pre-order and we both know this. So please stop this drama.

Plus, they already said that exploiters could get permanent or temporary ban. So those who feel disturbed of this situation can just sit back and relax. We can always report those people so just try to relax:)

The worst case is to make a toon in a new server. In like 5 to 10 days, noone would remember such little details yet people still moan about it.

I love this drama...

Edited by Joshbonrise

Or I could ask someone who is streaming right now to do a /who (which I did) and prove that there are no 30s. Least not on his PvP server.

lol some people are really dense. judge for yourself when you get in. personally i don't care either way because i know there will be no server roll backs and no bans from this.

Nope because it cheapens the intended leveling experience. (removes you from the intended leveling content)

So? There are a lot of people who don't care about questing. There are even some freaks who don't care about the story! People love PvP and, in other MMOs, have hated grinding to 50. Put xp and rewards in PvP and you get happy people who, theoretically, don't impune on the fun and gaming experience of others. Obviously, that hasn't happened today. In other games it's a blessed aspect of the game, but here it's been abused and that's unfortunate. However, it doesn't cheapen ****, because people that level via PvP want to level via PvP. If you want to level the traditional way then go for it and don't think what you want is any more important, or in this instance reasonable, than what anyone else wants.

Or have the brains to realize that it is nothing but speculation and a screenshot of absolutely nothing.

Ask a live streamer to do a /who, like I did. There are no 30s. There are barely even any 20s.

I asked 3 by now, with the same result....

Even saw one streamer who is 22 (played since wave 1 hit), but that was the highest it went

People... just don't believe anything you read on the internet, especially without any proof whatsoever

EDIT: @Later... normally i don't like doing this, but: *applause* bravo...

Edited by NoUseF

I think you DON'T want to be effected by this bug. Here is information for customer support if they need it.

1. I think I got it late today during a PvP match. I have no idea HOW I got it. All I know is that after a PvP Warzone, I had rested xp like a character that has been logged out of the game for a week (like 15K xp or so which is almost a level when you are level 12 or so).

2. It screwed up my powers. . . powers with a long cooldown stopped showing that they were on cooldown (they were still on cooldown - you couldn't spam them or anything, but you could mistakenly hit them thinking they were up and trigger the global cooldown even though nothing happens as a result). This seems to have bugged Force Lightning which worked as if I'd talented up to Madness even though I was low level.

3. So I decide to relog thinking that the rested xp is a display error related to the other display errors like the CD not showing, and the patcher says that it cannot connect. I messed with this for a while and found that the patch server is up - you can download a fresh install of the game, and people who don't have corrupted files can login.

The ONLY workaround I can see right now:

1. DO NOT PVP UNTIL BIOWARE SAYS THE CHEATERS HAVE BEEN STOPPED.

2. If you are already infected, go ahead and delete your client. Bioware's patcher isn't smart enough to see your files are corrupted and repair them, so you'll have to download everything again.

3. ONCE YOU HAVE A FRESH INSTALL, MAKE A COPY OF THE GAME FOLDER BUT GIVE IT A DIFFERENT NAME. Hopefully, you can use this backup copy as a replacement if your install becomes corrupted again (without downloading 27 GB again).

4. Remember to disregard this if Bioware comes up with a solution in a timely fashion. I honestly can't believe servers are still up with such a huge issue. They should be shutting them down and searching the logs to see which players first had huge spikes of rested xp.

What this feels like honestly is a cheater who intentionally is reusing powers that have a short enough cooldown that the server doesn't track them and lock them out from rapid reuse (like Force Lightning) but has the client control them instead as well as some kind of rested xp hack where it makes the client's clock go super fast or something so that you get more rested xp. What's really messed up though is that they're using the cheater "trick" from the CoD games where they freaking infect everyone so they can throw the sent off themselves.

I think you DON'T want to be effected by this bug. Here is information for customer support if they need it.

1. I think I got it late today during a PvP match. I have no idea HOW I got it. All I know is that after a PvP Warzone, I had rested xp like a character that has been logged out of the game for a week (like 15K xp or so which is almost a level when you are level 12 or so).

2. It screwed up my powers. . . powers with a long cooldown stopped showing that they were on cooldown (they were still on cooldown - you couldn't spam them or anything, but you could mistakenly hit them thinking they were up and trigger the global cooldown even though nothing happens as a result). This seems to have bugged Force Lightning which worked as if I'd talented up to Madness even though I was low level.

3. So I decide to relog thinking that the rested xp is a display error related to the other display errors like the CD not showing, and the patcher says that it cannot connect. I messed with this for a while and found that the patch server is up - you can download a fresh install of the game, and people who don't have corrupted files can login.

The ONLY workaround I can see right now:

1. DO NOT PVP UNTIL BIOWARE SAYS THE CHEATERS HAVE BEEN STOPPED.

2. If you are already infected, go ahead and delete your client. Bioware's patcher isn't smart enough to see your files are corrupted and repair them, so you'll have to download everything again.

3. ONCE YOU HAVE A FRESH INSTALL, MAKE A COPY OF THE GAME FOLDER BUT GIVE IT A DIFFERENT NAME. Hopefully, you can use this backup copy as a replacement if your install becomes corrupted again (without downloading 27 GB again).

4. Remember to disregard this if Bioware comes up with a solution in a timely fashion. I honestly can't believe servers are still up with such a huge issue. They should be shutting them down and searching the logs to see which players first had huge spikes of rested xp.

What this feels like honestly is a cheater who intentionally is reusing powers that have a short enough cooldown that the server doesn't track them and lock them out from rapid reuse (like Force Lightning) but has the client control them instead as well as some kind of rested xp hack where it makes the client's clock go super fast or something so that you get more rested xp. What's really messed up though is that they're using the cheater "trick" from the CoD games where they freaking infect everyone so they can throw the sent off themselves.

wow you wrote all that just to troll people

you could have just said "OMG I SAW A LEVEL 39!!!!!!!!!"

As others have stated and it bears repeating. The reason SR posted his last message was to inform folks that they will monitor how things go until tomorrow. If there are an alarming amount of higher level players then something is off and action is going to need to be taken. Right now there's no indication that this is "rampant" or has had a significant impact on people's leveling speeds. Everyone just calm down. :csw_vader:

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=106615&postcount=725

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

It seems that some interesting events took place and players were quickly banned after word got out, snaps to that :) . Nice handling of the issue, but Im curious why you didnt tell us you banned them. We saw the exploits through streams today. Its not very good, regardless of the reason, to "twist" facts to save face. Please be more "streight" with us on issues down the road.

Im not wanting to flame but simply request that stories line up with what the community saw in live video streams today where players exploited time and time again. Banning doesnt change that it happened and 30 in about 14 hours is not really legit ... if admited to be legit than the game is childs play.

Thanks for the Twitter updates and keep rollin out the smiles with us. The game looks great and stress tests went well. The main concern of players is the phasing of EGA. I think its cool and all and rewards the fans for who got on ship first, but it kind of ruins the MMO experience for many. Hopefully tomorrow will go better, with quicker moderation + stickies to warn that any complaints can kindly enjoy a day of escape from the forums while they cool their heads.

Good leader = Strong hand...Wise Words... Big heart

I'm not trolling. There's a real bug.

27 GB? Well I thought it was 18.5 GB total. So that means we have to patch for more?

Cause if you had 27 GB and tried to log in, maybe that just you who got the bugs?

Anyone who already started playing can tell me their folder size please? It's patch version 16 with 18.4 GB (19...... something)? or different?

guys don't you understand: if there's been widespread exploiting, it means we can all demand to be let into early access sooner so we don't fall further behind

therefore there is widespread exploiting

You can demand whatever you like but it still not going to happen. :(

27 GB? Well I thought it was 18.5 GB total. So that means we have to patch for more?

Cause if you had 27 GB and tried to log in, maybe that just you who got the bugs?

Anyone who already started playing can tell me their folder size please? It's patch version 16 with 18.4 GB (19...... something)? or different?

19.7 GB here.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Thats BS don't punish the players for your "F" up

Mine is 18.4 from the EA root folder...glad to help!