why is the "Elder Game Guide" section of the site still at lv 55...??

BrianAC

It is saddening, but there are a lot of things on their site that needs to be updated. I know Courtney was going to work on some of it, but with her promotion to the writing team, it seems many of those tasks have been put on the back burner. It is a shame since this is their official website and you would think it would be up to date.

Not to be "that guy" but if BW/EA was going to do a website overhaul (and I'm not saying that they are or aren't of course) wouldn't they wait until closer to the expansion launch or post-expansion release date october 27th the offical date I believe at this point since the new level cap will be 65?

Not to be "that guy" but if BW/EA was going to do a website overhaul (and I'm not saying that they are or aren't of course) wouldn't they wait until closer to the expansion launch or post-expansion release date october 27th the offical date I believe at this point since the new level cap will be 65?

I think that has been the excuse all along.

"Ahh, we'll just update the Elder Game page after this upcoming New Thing."

New Thing comes out with bugs that need fixing and such.

"Oh, finally fixed it enough it works 90% of the time. Should update- what? We have another New Thing coming up? Bah, we can update the page after that comes out."

New thing comes out and the cycle goes on.

It is saddening, but there are a lot of things on their site that needs to be updated. I know Courtney was going to work on some of it, but with her promotion to the writing team, it seems many of those tasks have been put on the back burner. It is a shame since this is their official website and you would think it would be up to date.

Yeah, but at this point the references to removed Skill Trees mean they should just do what some other games I've played do: take down that section of the website and put up a notice "Being updated, check back later." No Information is better than Misinformation.

Why have stuff on your site if you arent going to care to keep up with it?

Ask yourself why, with the site being down for most of yesterday, there is still no official communication as to what happened? Are our details safe etc?

Bottom line is, they are not interested in communicating anything to the players, unless it is patting each other on the back, and telling us how they know better than us, what we find fun.

Ask yourself why, with the site being down for most of yesterday, there is still no official communication as to what happened? Are our details safe etc?

Bottom line is, they are not interested in communicating anything to the players, unless it is patting each other on the back, and telling us how they know better than us, what we find fun.

Whether its true or not, its a really bad image to have.

This question has been posed before without answer. The only page they care about is the newsfeed, and everything else can go rot for all the effort they've given it.

That is how they have treated most of the game...

PvE space, GSF, PvP, 1-50 planets, etc.

Frankly, they don't seem to do much around here...

Yeah, but at this point the references to removed Skill Trees mean they should just do what some other games I've played do: take down that section of the website and put up a notice "Being updated, check back later." No Information is better than Misinformation.

QFT

Nothing is more annoying either as a customer (or even as a product manager) than to see misinformation posted up on the official site.

They should do a quick pass and just remove anything which is woefully outdated and / or incorrect, especially now with all the marketing hype ongoing with KotFE and SW in general drawing potential new players to the game.

Edited by DawnAskham

Websites are so 10 years ago, everything you need to know about swtor comes from their twitter feed.

Which is mostly full of CM gear and decos, adverts for BW or EA's other games, and things that those looking for general game information have to go sifting through far too many posts about stuff most people don't care about beyond "oh, this is in that pack. Okay. Next!"

Yea its old info that is useless to people, if someone wants to use the site to learn how to gear, which i mean thats why there is a site to the game, so people can learn about the game... and they find the "elder game guide" section, i would think they would be pretty confused and forced to look somewhere else.

How many people do they have working for swtor? Didnt they end some other game so they can focus on swtor? So where is the focus on swtor, including the SITE? Picking their asses for gold?

Edited by BrianAC

They should simply replace the "Elder-Game Guide" with a link to Dulfy, stating: Others who don't even get paid to do our job can do it better, look there.:cool:

haha, Right!!??? they should because swtor lacks their own job hahaha

Which is mostly full of CM gear and decos, adverts for BW or EA's other games, and things that those looking for general game information have to go sifting through far too many posts about stuff most people don't care about beyond "oh, this is in that pack. Okay. Next!"

That's because those things are money makers and money makers are all that matter, updated information that changes boo that costs money, ain't nobody got time for that!