Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

You know what's really sad?

I'm willing to bet that they actually believe that what they are doing is "good for the game".

Yes, there are a lot of things wrong that need fixed but I think it would be more important to move beyond the debacle of the SoR operations and bring in some new ones while, at a later date, upgrading the old operations.

I'm also willing to be that they are doing it this way because they expect an influx of new players with the release of Episode VII and want to have plenty of stuff for the new players to do.

I guess the magic is gone. The old relationships no longer matter. EA/BW is trading us in for new models...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ok with no operations.

But bolster in flashpoints? And even more tactical??? Really?

This really doesn´t sound to good. Their whole approach on solo is very risky. It showed itself on Rishi, once the people were done with this planet they never set foot on it again.

Is this even an MMO at this point?

hey, i still set foot on rishi every now and then to do my dailies.

Doesn't say there will never be new operations just that they won't be initial part of the expansion.

It implies that there will not be a new Operation until at least July of 2016, when "season one" ends. Make that more like September 2016 since they said there would be a break between "season one" and "season two".

I'm cool with no new operations - i've run 3 in total and i'm a subscriber since day 0. I like the changes they are making to the way loot works and the bolstering though so you get something "valuable" as well as don't over - level the content.

Since all story modes will be available at lvl 50, for groups of players at mixed levels 50-65 with bolster, my guess is they're making SM so easy it's irrelevant. Nobody would care about lurker's cross mechanic if fails hit for 1k. If threads like that pop up because HM/NiM content is too difficult, then there's the "do sm" fallback.

If I am reading that correctly, all it says is that you will have access to the level 65 SM operations through a bolstered groupfinder starting when you reach level 50. That doesn't mean its any easier than it was at level, just that you can be bolstered to 65 for groupfinder sort of like how you are currently bolstered for Kuat but the minimum level to q is 50.

Does not necessarily mean its becoming irrelevant, nor was something like EV SM irrelevant for a great many players when the game launched. As we see now, people still have trouble with the older operations when they are over-levelled not to mention those that are at level.

What made you think anyone had to clear the game in HM before they could claim a lack of content? They have seen it in SM. Adding more health and damage doesn't make it new content, much less interesting.

All it does is make it more challenging and given past numbers for the amount of people that clear HM. Challenging doesn't seem to bring huge numbers. Just ask wildstar.

Things that are fun and new are interesting. If you run any content for a couple months that crap gets boring and that is exacly what this is looking like once you burn through the story and gamers will burn through the SWTOR at an amazing rate.

Gamers burned through hundreds of hours in story at the launch of SWTOR and apparently BW had no clue that would happen. Thats why they had so little end game group content. Guess what? The game went F2P faster than any other game in history because that that mistake. What in hell makes them think relying on story again with no new end game group content will be different this time around?

hmm...just because it happened once, doesn't mean the same result will occur...

or... insanity will happen, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

okay. I have two points on this.

bad point: There will be no operations...at least, at launch, as a raider this is pretty disappointing. I seriously hoped there will be at least one new operation at level cap. I feel this is a bad move and I feel with raiders.

good point: This will keep brand new players playing and thus keeping the game more populated. and by judging some posts, some people never experienced that challenge before like that we did at launch and it will be good for them too. This also stops people rushing through the story and getting to level cap, personally I did that with my slinger with SOR for my raid team. This makes people take their time with the story with no reason of reaching the level cap fast.

Doesn't say there will never be new operations just that they won't be initial part of the expansion.

That's not the problem. The problem is by the time they do make new raids it will be WELL over a year since the last raids came out. No one should have to wait that long for new end game content.....The entire point of an MMO is player retention and if you don't have consistent end game to do you wont have very good player retention. People will get bored, and the few that stay to see the new story content will be gone when they finish said content that will probably only take a single Saturday to complete....

it actually kind of does

however with Knights of the Fallen Empire there will not be any new Operations

which i take to mean that during the entirety of the FE story there will not be any new operations. The amount of story that goes along with FE could last at very least a year, up until the end of 2016.

Excuse me but I've lost a part of this blog, where does Bioware say that we won't see new ops and new flashpoints? where does devs write that we will never see a new operation?

Excuse me but I don't find this part...

Could you quote here, please?

Edited by VanderII

Well to be fair, he might not have been lying when he said: "It is something that they don't want to ever do again (have that much time between operations). "

Just because they did (going to do) it again doesn't mean they necessarily wanted to at that time.

Either way they have in no way lived up to that statement. Nor did they live up to increasing the red sphere drop rate for the Gree event, also something they promised from that cantina event.

if some players run them at all because the loot in them is so bad.

- Some of the armor shells actually look good

- Currently you can get 50-80k depending on loot after selling to vendor + all it takes is about 15-20min (less if you're stealther)

As I said elsewhere the success or failure of this is going to likely be directly tied to the speed of leveling and the speed of release of the new chapters.

For deniers this game PROVED at launch that not having enough end game, once players reach it, will cause subscriptions to PLUMMET. Endgame does not just mean OPs but FPs as well. For people who do not enjoy this kind of content, it is NOT just about the gear. It is about encounters feeling fresh and new. This is why people complained to HIGH HEAVEN about Underlurker being overtuned in the OPS realm and Blood hunt HM being over tuned in the FP realm. You simply could only do Ravagers so many times before you were bored to freaking tears and Underlurker being such a block created a barrier to the other OP. Same with FPs.... people already did the others till their eyes bleed then they introduce another and the failure rate of simply getting past the first boss was silly.

I hope this works out for them, I really do BUT history exists so we can look to the past to predict the future and looking at the past it does not look promising.

Excuse me but I've lost a part of this blog, where does Bioware say that we won't see new ops and new flashpoints? where does devs write that we will never see a new operation?

Excuse me but I don't find this part...

Could you quote here, please?

"We know that many players love our Operations and look forward to the introduction of new challenges, however with Knights of the Fallen Empire there will not be any new Operations."

Heh. Looks good to me. Making the old Ops relevant again and fun. Plenty of flashpoints to run in almost any mode you want. And new loot. New Ops will come later? Kk. I'll have plenty of fun in the mean time.

For all you progression raiders out there, let me know when you got Level 65 EC NiM on farm status. Then, we can talk.

For all you progression raiders out there, let me know when you got Level 65 EC NiM on farm status. Then, we can talk.

recycled content is not considered progression.. when you already progressed through the same content at the former required level

Heh. Looks good to me. Making the old Ops relevant again and fun. Plenty of flashpoints to run in almost any mode you want. And new loot. New Ops will come later? Kk. I'll have plenty of fun in the mean time.

It's about it being NEW, learning a new fight, seeing a new room. Simply tuning up an encounter that has been done to death is not new. I am assuming you are not a progression raider otherwise you would get this. Heck I am assuming group content isn't your thing or you would get it because in the end it actually has nothing to do with progression raiding, it has everything to do with simple end game dynamics.

For all the people that have said "they have been making an MMO for 3 years now and have a new crew so saying 'they are new to MMO's' doesn't cut it anymore" this kinda proves y'all wrong because they clearly don't understand the dynamics of an MMO. Maybe the old peole being gone is part of the problem because those that learned the lesson of their history may be gone.

Edited by Ghisallo

Coming Summer 2016:

Cartel Market Raid Certificates!

Participate in the latest SWTOR raids with your friends by using Cartel Raid Certs! Available to our loyal subscribers at a steep discount (for a limited time)!

With the expansion being free. Would it really shock you if say, 6 months after FE launches we get an OPs in the cartel market?

Are the Secret Ops Bosses going to scale up? I didn't see them listed anywhere.

That's because they were supposed to be a secret!

But yeah, good question.

With the expansion being free. Would it really shock you if say, 6 months after FE launches we get an OPs in the cartel market?

Yes.

Edited by azudelphi