SWTOR acronyms explained

Icestar

Hey Icestar,

What about DC'd = Disconnected.

and Lag = bad connection to internet/ Ping or server

Sorry if someone has already mentioned it.

Excellent suggestions, thank you!

I will update

Edited by Icestar

• 1 month later...

It was over a month since this thread were active. I am thinking of a few things myself that I will update around the expansion.

I got a thankyou mail for a player that told me this thread helped him alot and to be honest there are lots of players that have sent me this aswell, I love positive feedback. I will uppdate this around launch of the next expansion with new things that needs explaining then.

Meanwhile keek up the good work and help the community with feedback and helpful words any player could benefit from knowing. There must be new thingys in the expansion :tran_cool:

Best regards and may the force be with you, always!

/Icestar

Edited by Icestar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for making this and adding a link to it at:

SWTOR Community Guides and Resources - SWTORCGR : Great for New players and Veterans.

You're guide was added to the Miscellaneous Guide Links - 4.0 page of SWTORCGR.

There is a high volume of new player coming in right now so I am sure a lot of people will find this very helpful.

You can also find links to other guides for Chat Commands, SWTOR and MMO acronyms and abbreviations on the Misc. Guide page I added yours to.

Ty for sharing. :)

P.S. I'm a bit busy real life ATM but i'll go over your list and see if I can add a few. I'll try to make a spreadsheet sometime soon. It should make adding new terms easier as well. I'll let you know when I get around to making it.

---------------

Made a link to your post @ Reddit.com/r/swtor here is the Link if you want to check out the comments people leave there.

Edited by DorjeeVajra

What is a PUG?

I hear a lot of horror stories of people doing Pug FP's and everything going wrong :eek:

I've been through that, but I never figured out what that meant

BTW PUG means pickup group or pick up game depending on the MMO or MMORPG

Some times used in a derogatory way implying things aren't going well because this is a pick up group.

Nominate this one for a sticky.

^^Agree^^ this is a very helpful thread,,, For me at least so...

I agree with the amount of new players this would help a lot of people.

Tip: Use it sparingly but when you find a post that really deserves a sticky do as one moderator recommended a while back use the [Report Post] function on the main body of the thread and leave a note on the report that the post should be stickied and why.

Edited by DorjeeVajra

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps 2 more entries :

- Gree - this is also an non-playable race (apart from the event)

- Mando - could mean Commando, but I'm still not sure about that. I'm still confused over whether the Bounty Hunter class is means - which normally is an Mandalorian, or the Commando, which could get abbreviated as "Mando" as well.

Apart from that : Good work ! :)

Perhaps 2 more entries :

- Mando - could mean Commando, but I'm still not sure about that. I'm still confused over whether the Bounty Hunter class is means - which normally is an Mandalorian, or the Commando, which could get abbreviated as "Mando" as well.

It can mean either comMANDO or it can mean Mandalorian, but Bounty Hunter is only abbreviated BH.

Perhaps 2 more entries :

Hi!

I agree and updated the Gree entry.

I am not so sure about Mando beeing Commando, does anyone actually say Mandos when they speak about Commandos? I would not say that Mando is the Bounty Hunter class, because not all are Mandalorians.

Edit : I updated Mando with :

Mando = Mandalorian (some Bounty Hunters are Mandalorians but not all, Mando has also been suggested to mean Commando).

Thank you for the suggestions

Edited by Icestar

So what are 'adds'? I see this a lot when people talk about endgame PVE stuff.

Nice suggestion.

I will update with:

Add(s) : It can be weaker enemies that you have to fight in addition to a boss. It can also mean that a enemy joins the fight either expected or unexpected, someone in chat might write "add" if that happens.

Edited by Icestar

Nice suggestion.

I will update with:

Add(s) : It can be weaker enemies that you have to fight in addition to a boss. It can also mean that a enemy joins the fight either expected or unexpected, someone in chat might write "add" if that happens.

Along those lines...

pat = patrol a single or small group of NPCs that moves between two or more points (could transition into an "unexpected add" if the person/group is not careful).

train = a large group of mobs chasing a player character

Edited by psandak