Massacre animation hitching with high 40% alacrity + pvp movement

Anishor

Has anyone else noticed that massacre seems to have issues with high alacrity ( ie > 40% ), especially in a high movement fight? I notice it a lot in voidstars when I chain a lot of them after another ( usually the end of my berserk chain ). It's like the animation can't quite keep up with both the alacrity and high amounts of lateral movement.

I notice no such issue btw on my Sent with blade rush. I see every attack clearly animate and land.

It's that skill's animation in general, even on a low level Sentinel, Slash (vicious slash for sents, uses Massacre's animation) suffers the same issue.

The sound and damage don't match up with the animation, basically, it was a bug in the last major patch and it hasn't been fixed yet. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have an effect on gameplay other than being ugly to look at.

YES!!!! Specially noticed it getting really bad yesterday and it wasn't just the animation the glitchiness at 38% alacrity was making the ability completely misfire occasionally totally screwing up my rotations, hope they fix it... It was always iffy but it's making carnage almost unplayable for me atm

Ye its bugged overall it kills it for me cause i love the massacre animation/look.. so been sticking to anni on impside xD only doing combat on repside which is weird cause when massacre works as intended i usually go the other way around.

Ye its bugged overall it kills it for me cause i love the massacre animation/look.. so been sticking to anni on impside xD only doing combat on repside which is weird cause when massacre works as intended i usually go the other way around.

Why are you stacking 10%+ alacrity for pvp? I mean I realize you get 30% during berserk and 3% from the spec, but that means 7% from gear which is overkill. With 70% surge and close to 95% (105%) accuracy, I only have room for about 5% alacrity from gear. I don't believe more than that is beneficial, especially with diminishing returns.

And yes, 95% (105%) accuracy is always worth getting, as every class has at least 5% defense chance, thus each % of accuracy increase is literally a 1% damage increase. 1% alacrity could be considered a 1% damage increase as well, but it suffers from diminishing returns.

In properly itemized full Dark Reaver you should have around:

~71% surge (dropping one surge enhancement lower drops the % down to 68% or so, and that's too low, and we certainly don't want to be using surge augments, so this is ideal)

94.5% Accuracy (close enough without going over - after 95% chance to hit does not help on every target at all times anymore)

~2-3% alacrity without Ataru from gear, ~5% with it.

If you have 7% from gear.. damn. You'd probably be at base accuracy and sub 70% surge. That's not optimal.

Edited by Aluvi

Why are you stacking 10%+ alacrity for pvp? I mean I realize you get 30% during berserk and 3% from the spec, but that means 7% from gear which is overkill. With 70% surge and close to 95% (105%) accuracy, I only have room for about 5% alacrity from gear. I don't believe more than that is beneficial, especially with diminishing returns.

And yes, 95% (105%) accuracy is always worth getting, as every class has at least 5% defense chance, thus each % of accuracy increase is literally a 1% damage increase. 1% alacrity could be considered a 1% damage increase as well, but it suffers from diminishing returns.

~71% surge (dropping one surge enhancement lower drops the % down to 68% or so, and that's too low, and we certainly don't want to be using surge augments, so this is ideal)

94.5% Accuracy (close enough without going over - after 95% chance to hit does not help on every target at all times anymore)

If you have 7% from gear.. damn. You'd probably be at base accuracy and sub 70% surge. That's not optimal.

Why are you turning this into a debate about builds and stat compositions?

Has anyone else noticed that massacre seems to have issues with high alacrity ( ie > 40% ), especially in a high movement fight? I notice it a lot in voidstars when I chain a lot of them after another ( usually the end of my berserk chain ). It's like the animation can't quite keep up with both the alacrity and high amounts of lateral movement.

I notice no such issue btw on my Sent with blade rush. I see every attack clearly animate and land.

The skill actually effects "Slash" not Blade rush. The animation of Slash and Massacre are exactly the same... which is probably the reason why its those two specifically...

Blade rush isn't effected most likely because it's a different animation altogether.

Edited by Bonzenaattori

Maybe i should have clarified. I don't run any alacrity i meant the massacre animation is bugged overall at any lvl of alacrity including 0. Same on pts, the animation is out of sync same with slash and i know snipers had a similar problem for one of there ability's though not tested that on pts.

Edited by AngusFTW