30 sec Mara Predation FTW

Icykill_

30 sec Mara Predation FTW

How many people have pulled their Maras or Sents out of Moth balls... So many Appearing in WZs and wreaking people who aren't used to playing against them... It's funny and sad...

Give it a week and the "predation is OP" threads will start...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can use it more often whithout ardor so i dont see where exactly your problem is.

I will not comment the "wreaking people who aren't used to playing against them" part lol.

You misunderstand... I don't have an issue with... I'm enjoying the free predation/transcendence, without having to worry about it as a resource...

And yes some people are getting wreaked at the moment "only"... I expect that will change once they realise what the changes are

Marauders are fine now, the problem is, they buffed them to the point where they are good again, and completely and utterly ignored the other two underpeforming classes, commando / GS. Now when faced with a marauder, you have almost zero chance to win as a commando or GS since they have so much knockback / cc / root immunity.

Marauders are fine now, the problem is, they buffed them to the point where they are good again, and completely and utterly ignored the other two underpeforming classes, commando / GS. Now when faced with a marauder, you have almost zero chance to win as a commando or GS since they have so much knockback / cc / root immunity.

This is sort of true...

We need utility so that Transendence/Predation breaks roots (and if we take Ardor/Relentless, we can do it only every 30s), cc and knockback immunity applies for only 1 discipline!

If e-net is up,mando wins.Every time.If not,then chances favour mara but its not one sided game.

But as gs,if you have problems killing a mara,you need to l2p m8,sorry.

Edited by giorgo

If e-net is up,mando wins.Every time.If not,then chances favour mara but its not one sided game.

But as gs,if you have problems killing a mara,you need to l2p m8,sorry.

It is actually pretty one sided, all they have to use is their ability to resist 99% damage, and then the ball is back in maras court pretty much 80 percent of the time, that is not a level playing field at all. Gunslinger is in a better place than commando, which is why it is on , I wouldnt say level ground, but it has a better chance than mando against all classes. And seriously, everyone acts like Enet is the end all win all ability for commandos. It is on a 1.5 minute cooldown, so sure, every 1.5 minutes they have a good attack, which most classes can completely negate now.

Edited by mmmbuddah

We need utility so that Transendence/Predation breaks roots (and if we take Ardor/Relentless, we can do it only every 30s), cc and knockback immunity applies for only 1 discipline!

Before mara gets ANY more attention , the other classes need to be looked at. Mara has gotten the most attnetion out of all classes since 3.0 hit.

Before mara gets ANY more attention , the other classes need to be looked at. Mara has gotten the most attnetion out of all classes since 3.0 hit.

I feel your pain man. I like commando heals it's totally different style compared to the other healers... Ops and sorcs have tons of mobility and escape mechanisms whereas on the commando I stay turret-like to heal most of the time with energy shield being the backbone ability for survival.

You will not get sympathy here though, in a marauder thread. ;) I suggest you bump the threads that are on the topic of improving the commando/mercenary, like my thread "Devs take the merc Challenge". That's the only way to get anything done. Obviously the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Marauders needed help, they FINALLY got it. I won't hate on them for that. I just want the Devs to get other classes on par with the rest in PVP. Then we will have some fun in the warzones again, including ranked.

Marauders needed help, they FINALLY got it. I won't hate on them for that. I just want the Devs to get other classes on par with the rest in PVP.

This. Some merc act like maras are the reason they suck. We aren't. We got buffs we never asked for. Personally I agree with you guys most of the time, just don't blame us. Pls hate devs, not us :)

I will stop answering for your posts after this. You never give any strong answer, all of your words are about hatred towards mara, you don't care about any other AC, not even your own.

And yes some people are getting wreaked at the moment

I think the word you're going for is wrecked (or rekt). wreak havoc is probably your inspiration, but wreak just means "cause." :p

I haven't noticed anything yet, but that was the one change I did see on the tentative patch notes that made me think...hmm...if that's on the same cd as HO, my merc is in a lot of trouble (no roots).

I will stop answering for your posts after this. You never give any strong answer, all of your words are about hatred towards mara, you don't care about any other AC, not even your own.

How is wanting equal attention given toward the other underperforming classes hating on marauders? It is not. People constantly saying that marauders are the only class that need attention is just ridiculous. They have gotten more buffs / attention than ANY other class out there since 3.0, yet you guys want more more more, how about saying "thanks BW for paying attention to our class and helping us out, but dont forget about the other classes!", how about saying that for a change?

I feel your pain man. I like commando heals it's totally different style compared to the other healers... Ops and sorcs have tons of mobility and escape mechanisms whereas on the commando I stay turret-like to heal most of the time with energy shield being the backbone ability for survival.

You will not get sympathy here though, in a marauder thread. ;) I suggest you bump the threads that are on the topic of improving the commando/mercenary, like my thread "Devs take the merc Challenge". That's the only way to get anything done. Obviously the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Marauders needed help, they FINALLY got it. I won't hate on them for that. I just want the Devs to get other classes on par with the rest in PVP. Then we will have some fun in the warzones again, including ranked.

Marauders have gotten the most help out of all the classes since 3.0, yes they needed help, and I even said they needed help after 3.0, but as of now, the class is in a much better position, and should stop demanding more and more buffs when the other classes need to be looked into. When I say that, I do not just mean commando and GS, they also need to look at Tactics / AP VG / PT, and all specs of Shadow / Assassin, because those two are still pretty damned ridiculous.

Edited by mmmbuddah

It is actually pretty one sided, all they have to use is their ability to resist 99% damage, and then the ball is back in maras court pretty much 80 percent of the time, that is not a level playing field at all. Gunslinger is in a better place than commando, which is why it is on , I wouldnt say level ground, but it has a better chance than mando against all classes. And seriously, everyone acts like Enet is the end all win all ability for commandos. It is on a 1.5 minute cooldown, so sure, every 1.5 minutes they have a good attack, which most classes can completely negate now.

In 3.3 They should give commandos a utility that allows hammer shot & explosive round to lower the cd of E-net by 3 seconds and the effect can't happen more than once every 1.5 secs

They should also add a 12 charge 1% heal of maximum health when taking damage to Suit FOE utility

Edited by RayGonJinn

In 3.3 They should give commandos a utility that allows hammer shot & explosive round to lower the cd of E-net by 3 seconds and the effect can't happen more than once every 1.5 secs

They should also add a 12 charge 1% heal of maximum health when taking damage to Suit FOE utility

enet is great for 1v1 defense/escape and to use offensively (usually on sorcs) to coincide with your team's burst. but as a survivability tool, it's very limited (being single target). putting on root on the aoe punt would be a more realistic dcd tweak that wouldn't threaten to make their offensive capabilities too crazy.

enet is great for 1v1 defense/escape and to use offensively (usually on sorcs) to coincide with your team's burst. but as a survivability tool, it's very limited (being single target). putting on root on the aoe punt would be a more realistic dcd tweak that wouldn't threaten to make their offensive capabilities too crazy.

I'm not gonna argue with ya :p you more than likely play the class more than me ;)

Fox, I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for making that correction mate. I was going crazy here reading about how everyone was getting "wreaked" lol.

Ahhhhh, I feel better. Thanks again. :)

(I got to your post and skipped immediately to this haha.)

Edited by WickedImage

I dusted mine off (sent and mara). I have tried out all three specs. Combat/Carnage are still my overall favorite, but anni/watch is improved in pvp IMO. The biggest difference maker is the utility for predation/transcendence on a 30 sec cooldown. It gives the class the mobility on demand that it has been sorely lacking IMO.

I think my jug/guard are still better overall, but at least it is a bit closer now. I don't get nearly as frustrated as I did not too long ago. :D

The predation change is nice and helpful especially when it comes to using fury stacks on berserk, but the white bar resolve change is actually doing more for melee as a whole specially maras and sents. There really won't be any QQ about maras Hatred and AP still dominate.

Marauders have gotten the most help out of all the classes since 3.0, yes they needed help, and I even said they needed help after 3.0, but as of now, the class is in a much better position, and should stop demanding more and more buffs when the other classes need to be looked into. When I say that, I do not just mean commando and GS, they also need to look at Tactics / AP VG / PT, and all specs of Shadow / Assassin, because those two are still pretty damned ridiculous.

When you break a class so bad that none of the disciplines are viable in any form of content other than leveling, then that class needs to be fixed before anything else. You should blame the debs that it took this long to make it so sents have something they're viable in, and they're still not nearly as good as any of the ranged ACs are in PVE or Shadow/Vanguard are in PVP.