A way to keep the gold spammers around, then kill them.

Okrir

How about this,

If someone is reported as a gold spammer 20 times they will have a bounty put on their head.

The first one to kill them will get a CM pack.

This could get exploited so the said spammer will need to be created recently, in the past day or two.

The spammer cant be from a hacked account.

The Killer would need to be an established account. One created in the past 6 months or longer.

I am sure the code for this is possible but not easy. Still it would make life on fleet a little more interesting.

Thoughts?

Okie.

Better yet, once Bio establish themselves they are spammers, instead of banning them... They get flagged for PVP straightaway for both factions to kill in any part of the game including the fleet... You get special titles and awards of some such for killing them... The more you kill the better the titles... LoL

Edit: they also get negative bolstered to lvl 10 health and other abilities too

Edited by Icykill_

How about this,

If someone is reported as a gold spammer 20 times they will have a bounty put on their head.

The first one to kill them will get a CM pack.

This could get exploited so the said spammer will need to be created recently, in the past day or two.

The spammer cant be from a hacked account.

The Killer would need to be an established account. One created in the past 6 months or longer.

I am sure the code for this is possible but not easy. Still it would make life on fleet a little more interesting.

Thoughts?

Okie.

My thougts are; I know at least 200 people in the game that would gladly help me report pretty much anyone as a gold seller, which would garner me a tooooon of cartel packs...

And we wouldn't really care if they were actually gold sellers... just any old random passer-by.

What about the buyers, assuming you can consistently find them?

The sellers may help "initiate," but it unarguably is the buyers who "perpetuate."

And in any case, how would you prevent the kind of stupid themepark-1337-kiddie griefing as described up-thread without giving players a level of knowledge that could compromise the developers' "OP-SEC" vis-a-vis how they find/catch RMTers?

(I think/hope/pray they have something in this direction, even if it's just monitoring. Lack thereof would be too stupid and pathetic even for EAWare.)

It's a nice idea, but...

I think better would be to allow people --on PvE servers too- to do what we in EVE-Online call "suicide-ganking," IE if you attack someone against whom you don't have legal attack-rights in "secure" area, then you have a chance to gank them, but within a short time, God-mode NPC police spawn to auto-instagib you, regardless of whether the gank succeeded.

See a spammer ---> "gank-flag" ---> alpha their useless *** back to re-spawn ----> take your beating/repair-bill (as it would be an NPC that killed you) for the community.

Edited by midianlord