Comms need to be changed.

Dezarthanon

As of right now the comm system is old and poorly done not just in this game overall but especially for PVP when compared to PVE. You can just buy barrels, hilts, armors, mods, ears, implants, relics and enhancements of high PVE quality right from the AH or buy them with comms thru vendor items not bound with a previous level shell requirement and pass them via legacy gear. Simply put its is vastly easier to gear a character PVE wise than it is PVP wise.

The number of characters people play at max level has also steadily increased with each 2x or 12x xp boost weeks etc so almost everyone has multiple characters, usually on both factions, to gear. Some people have dozens of toons at max level to gear. (most i know of is 26 max level characters spread over 2 servers)

It is time for the comm system to go legacy bound.

Increase the cap for all comms by 6-8x and make them a legacy based system useable by all characters on that server.

Yes that means you can earn your gear on any character with any character. You can basically do that now with pulling the parts out and putting it in legacy gear for passing around for the slots that have legacy items available.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now the comm system is old and poorly done not just in this game overall but especially for PVP when compared to PVE. You can just buy barrels, hilts, armors, mods, ears, implants, relics and enhancements of high PVE quality right from the AH or buy them with comms thru vendor items not bound with a previous level shell requirement and pass them via legacy gear. Simply put its is vastly easier to gear a character PVE wise than it is PVP wise.

The number of characters people play at max level has also steadily increased with each 2x or 12x xp boost weeks etc so almost everyone has multiple characters, usually on both factions, to gear. Some people have dozens of toons at max level to gear. (most i know of is 26 max level characters spread over 2 servers)

It is time for the comm system to go legacy bound.

Increase the cap for all comms by 6-8x and make them a legacy based system useable by all characters on that server.

Yes that means you can earn your gear on any character with any character. You can basically do that now with pulling the parts out and putting it in legacy gear for passing around for the slots that have legacy items available.

Honestly I'm at the point now where I just wish the gear grind wasn't there. I get it pve and that's understandable but for pvp I'm kind of tired of benching toons I don't play very often simply because I don't feel like queuing without the gear and I hate having to manage all the pieces on another alt that I play more often and legacy over the mods etc.....It just gets old after awhile.

I used to not mind the pvp gear grind but ranked is so slow on most servers and regs are just whatever. At this point in the games life pvp gear is pointless. Just make a baseline bolster where everyone gets a preset stat (meaning it ignores the pve gear and jsut gives you pvp stats for the match) and be done with it.

I used to not mind the pvp gear grind but ranked is so slow on most servers and regs are just whatever. At this point in the games life pvp gear is pointless. Just make a baseline bolster where everyone gets a preset stat (meaning it ignores the pve gear and jsut gives you pvp stats for the match) and be done with it.

I'd be fine with this too.

/sign the gear grind is ridiculous , why not make not too crazy so i can play more toon

gearing all toon to min max is crazy long and tedious

if you want to ask us the grind at least increase the comm for every warzone to at least double or triple what we have now

The reason you guys feel this way it cause of um... There are no new warzones. Yeah that's why. The grind would be a lot better if me or you didn't have to run though VOIDSTAR for the 1000000000000000000000000000000000th time. So in reality even tho it's pvp were just doing reruns of flashpoints with a human AI system...

The rate itself isn't that fast. I believe the developers should r

• remove queuing restrictions on preferred players for warzones and group ranked
  • Give Subscribers a 1.5x comms bonus.
  • Introduce more rewards in the form of orange shells, deco, pets, ect...
  • Introduce new warzones

Note this is outside the population problem. Which I assume they'll fix with mega-server like tech.

The reason you guys feel this way it cause of um... There are no new warzones. Yeah that's why. The grind would be a lot better if me or you didn't have to run though VOIDSTAR for the 1000000000000000000000000000000000th time. So in reality even tho it's pvp were just doing reruns of flashpoints with a human AI system...

i hear this a lot.. every day in many thread someone maligns the lack of new content. While there is some truth to this frankly i think its also a copout.

Most games don't get new maps every other month. Even WoW gets what maybe one per expansion and we've been doing the same darn Warsong gulch etc... for 10 darn years.

I would be happy if they fixed the rotations so i didnt get the same on on blast most nights... and yes some new blood wouldnt suck, but the maps dont make the game.

Edited by Floplag

**snip**I would be happy if they fixed the rotations so i didnt get the same on on blast most nights... **snip**

Yea, one would hope that maps generated would be somewhat random, but I can't keep track anymore on how many nights i'll get the same map for 3-5 runs in a row before something new.

Not fun...especially when its Quesh Huttball...awful awful map..

hell no, I happen to like messing with stats. Arcade games are that way ---->

Relax Zoom...I said I'd be fine with it, not that I preferred it....oh...wait...but you just like to jump on people, I forgot.

I did to, until I had to do it over a dozen times with new gear tiers across 8 toons.

That's a problem with grinding not a problem inherent to having a choice in stats. I think understanding stat functions and min/max is a interesting thinking mechanic of the game.

That's a problem with grinding not a problem inherent to having a choice in stats. I think understanding stat functions and min/max is a interesting thinking mechanic of the game.

yeah, but in pvp it's pretty brain dead. for 90% of the specs in the game, it's "main stat or power"? there are TONS of enhancement and mod options that mean absolutely nothing to the vast majority of specs.

yeah, but in pvp it's pretty brain dead. for 90% of the specs in the game, it's "main stat or power"? there are TONS of enhancement and mod options that mean absolutely nothing to the vast majority of specs.

This. PvP BiS is pretty brain dead and there's not much wiggle room. I pretty much do the same thing every time new gear comes out to min/max. There's nothing inherently interesting about it and its for the most part pointless.

Not really, that was true in 2.0, but now with larger stat budgets to play with, the 3% accuracy talents gone, and alacrity actually being useful there is much more variance in builds. And as far as PvP is concerned there isn't even a consensus for what is BiS for most specs.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Not really, that was true in 2.0, but now with larger stat budgets to play with, the 3% accuracy talents gone, and alacrity actually being useful there is much more variance in builds. And as far as PvP is concerned there isn't even a consensus for what is BiS for most specs.

None of that makes a lick of difference.

None of that makes a lick of difference.

Correction, none of that makes a huge difference. Proper stat usage still nets better performance, especially in ranked or in any protracted regs match

Edited by Zoom_VI

Correction, none of that makes a huge difference. Proper stat usage still nets better performance, especially in ranked or in any protracted regs match

It really doesn't. One of my alts i didn't change anything. I just bought the baseline set with its whacked out stats and played a bunch of matches like that. I min maxed it and I was still critting just as much and hitting just as hard as I was before. The minor differences makes it more or less completely pointless.

Edited by Raansu

It really doesn't. One of my alts i didn't change anything. I just bought the baseline set with its whacked out stats and played a bunch of matches like that. I min maxed it and I was still critting just as much and hitting just as hard as I was before. The minor differences makes it more or less completely pointless.

Ah but see it's your perception was that the numbers didn't change. But you have to realize that the way you and the rest of humanity perceives numbers is rather flawed due to the fact the brain subconsciously values everything by the first digit. For instance a hit of ~7900 will probably be remembered and valued by the brain as a 7k hit while a ~8100 hit will be remember as a 8k hit. This is also why a 10k+ hit gains a whole new level of significance while a 9.9k hit probably won't. Same way with scoreboard numbers where players typically perceive everything in the hundreds of thousands. (Also see why things cost $99.99 rather than $100.00)

I'm pretty sure that if someone sat down a played a large number of matches in stock gear and recorded their exact performance stats for each one, and then min/maxed their gear and played a large number of matches with that and again recorded their exact performance stats, they would certainly see a performance gain.