Bioware. Why are Cantina Event code items bound?

DarthVengeant

i do find it odd that some items like pets are bound to legacy from the boxes yet dyes are character bound.

now if they had been hard lined and said all items are character bound i would be ok but its random.

My Smuggler got a black/black dye which i have been waiting for ages to get for my Agent but as its character bound ive just thrown the dye in the cargo bay.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the dyes should have been legacy bound.

Do you really think Bioware would allow that given how much they make off selling dyes, especially the stupidly overpriced priced Black / Black which can be obtained in the Cantina boxes?

Create character > get dyes > mail to alt > delete character > repeat for infinite dyes / infinite chances at Black / Black

While I'd love it if they were legacy bound, I don't see that happening ever.

Do you really think Bioware would allow that given how much they make off selling dyes, especially the stupidly overpriced priced Black / Black which can be obtained in the Cantina boxes?

Create character > get dyes > mail to alt > delete character > repeat for infinite dyes / infinite chances at Black / Black

While I'd love it if they were legacy bound, I don't see that happening ever.

Well they arn't sellable and if you get it on a character that has no use for it, it's pretty useless. I've opened many boxes in an attempt to get the statue and only gotten the B/B dye once. plenty of pink purple dyes, green and white dyes, yellow and gray dyes. The one time I got the B/B dye it was on my commando that is colored in Red. if it was legacy bound I could have given it to a sithy alt and let them use more.

Well they arn't sellable and if you get it on a character that has no use for it, it's pretty useless. I've opened many boxes in an attempt to get the statue and only gotten the B/B dye once. plenty of pink purple dyes, green and white dyes, yellow and gray dyes. The one time I got the B/B dye it was on my commando that is colored in Red. if it was legacy bound I could have given it to a sithy alt and let them use more.

Them not being sellable is not the point. Black/Black dye is a 2000CC item and if the Cantina-dyes becomes BoL they will be removing about 99.999% of the incentive to pay 2000CC for it.

The same goes for the other dyes versus the 200CC dye packs.

Edited by MFollin

Them not being sellable is not the point. Black/Black dye is a 2000CC item and if the Cantina-dyes becomes BoL they will be removing about 99.999% of the incentive to pay 2000CC for it.

The same goes for the other dyes versus the 200CC dye packs.

Not everyone comes to the forums and has the cantina codes, so there'd still be a market for those people.

Also the dye packs would still sell as the amount of dyes that come from the crates is like 4-5, maybe 6. The Dye packs themselves contain a lot of different dye variations.

Not everyone comes to the forums and has the cantina codes, so there'd still be a market for those people.

And those people will feel robbed once they find out the 20$ they spent on a 2400CC pack for a B/B dye were a waste when they could have gotten it from a free Cantina code and a bit of spamming new toons.

Also the dye packs would still sell as the amount of dyes that come from the crates is like 4-5, maybe 6. The Dye packs themselves contain a lot of different dye variations.

It still makes the Dye Packs a lot less desirable.

And those people will feel robbed once they find out the 20$ they spent on a 2400CC pack for a B/B dye were a waste when they could have gotten it from a free Cantina code and a bit of spamming new toons.

It still makes the Dye Packs a lot less desirable.

Wouldn't be a waste because they'd be getting ti guaraunteed without having to spend hours trying to rng it or deleting a character if they are at the server cap.

And no it doesn't. Only the black dye and the pink are desirable, the packs still have a plethora of other dye combinations that the crates do not like w/w w/b /b/w blue/red red/blue red/yellow etc.

I got the code from a guild member who attended the event. So, I open the little box to get the mount and the extra rewards. What do I get? Items (dyes, xp boosts, etc) that are BOUND to that character. :mad:

Why are the dyes and xp boosts you get BOUND? What exactly is the purpose of making those bound? I really fail to see the logic in that. I can't use XP boosts on my 10 lvl 60 characters. I have no use for a white green dye (or any other color) on my Sorc. Etc, etc. This is frankly ridiculous and honestly a waste of a reward.

Please. Change these Cantina Code rewards to not be bound. I haven't opened any more (still have 18 more to open) because I don't want this stuff BOUND and essentially useless. Thanx.

Removing the binding to character aspect of these items would just lead to them being sold on the GTN and not used by your own character.

With rare dye's also included as a drop chance someone could just make lvl1's all day to get some of these items to sell them, i'm sure gold sellers could find a way to abuse it. It would also destroy the value of these dye's as the supply grows their value will drop, everyone could easily get one and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it would hurt sales on the CM, because who will spend 1000 - 2000 cc for a dye when you can pick one up for 300.000k?

To be honest I never got anything from these I really wanted, like the statue decoration but ow well.

An xp boost may not be of much use now but it will be when the next expansion hits.

Besides all this stuff is free, they don't owe you anything, if you don't like the rewards then don't bother with the cantina codes.

It still amazes me there are people complaining about getting free items, guess there is just no pleasing some :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be a waste because they'd be getting ti guaraunteed without having to spend hours trying to rng it or deleting a character if they are at the server cap.

Hours? Even with one Cantina code you'd have to be really, really unlucky to only get one BB dye in "hours", and now you can even have two codes -> 2 packs per created character.

And no it doesn't. Only the black dye and the pink are desirable, the packs still have a plethora of other dye combinations that the crates do not like w/w w/b /b/w blue/red red/blue red/yellow etc.

Perhaps only the black and pink are desirable for you, but the other dyes do have their uses.

Hours? Even with one Cantina code you'd have to be really, really unlucky to only get one BB dye in "hours", and now you can even have two codes -> 2 packs per created character.

Perhaps only the black and pink are desirable for you, but the other dyes do have their uses.

RNG is RNG. And I judge desirability based off prices on the GTN.