Sentinel or Shadow - Coolest looking saber animations?

Bobes

Hi all,

Been trying to decide for awhile now on which class to start as and I'm looking to you guys to help me out - I'll post this in the Jedi Knight forums as well to get a second opinion:

Basically, I'm wondering what your opinions are on which class has the best looking light saber animations - I'm hoping to play the class who's combat looks and feels a bit more like, say, the climactic force-user battles at the end of episodes 1, 2, and 3, and a little less like, say, the showdown between Vader and Kenobi at the end of episode 4 :). I'm thinking flashy moves, flips, spins, and a flurry of blows. I'm guessing that the two front-runners are the Shadow and the Sentinel, so please, let your voices be heard. Who's got the best saber combat animations?

Thanks for your help.

Having played both, I can suggest that you try the Sentinel. It's entirely subjective, but the Sentinel's saber animations and so on are a lot more dynamic from the off, whereas the saberstaff of the Shadow is a lot more reserved. Plus, with the Shadow, I ended up using a lot more Force Powers (Project, Telekenetic Throw, Breach, Force Wave, etc) to keep enemies in check. The Sentinel, however, was more about the lightsaber moves, which got a bit dull, for me anyway.

Tim