Best View in SWTOR Contest has returned! ×

signs devs dont play the game....

thegreebler

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/flourish has been broken for over 2 years.

Rav exploit for over a month

Robes / butt flap armor gave wearers a big butt for over 2 years and it took tons of threads from me to even acknowledge it

Lightsaber hilts still very in size greatly, compare vanilla/token to CM hilts

And the biggest sin of them all, Ability Delay. It took so long for them to even acknowledge it. Then 3 patches that made it a little better. Then for about a year they patted themselves on the back, a job well done. After a big update that added section x, it came back with a vengeance. It was the hot topic again. 6 months later they IMO fixed it almost completely. Now it comes back after every major update and they just band-aid it.

OP L2P

Edited by Toweleeeie

I bet OP just did random tacticals instead of the ones listed in the weekly. :rolleyes:

of course he does, 30 basic are 30 basic.

But shouldnt be all tactical FPs into the WEEKLY? YEs should be. Are they? no. Why? Coze devs arent play their creation or dont care.

thats what he wants to say.

I bet OP just did random tacticals instead of the ones listed in the weekly. :rolleyes:

Funny thing i completed my tactical weekly by doing cz tactical only through random. On another toon i tried not doing random and just queue for Blood hunt and battle of rishii, i did not get a single progression, i am still 0/3 on my sage after doing blood hunt 5 times and battle of rishii 3 times. I don't know what is more amusing, EAWare Austin breaking the game more and more every week or the people who blindly defending them. Pathetic.

funny thing i completed my tactical weekly by doing cz tactical only through random. On another toon i tried not doing random and just queue for blood hunt and battle of rishii, i did not get a single progression, i am still 0/3 on my sage after doing blood hunt 5 times and battle of rishii 3 times. i don't know what is more amusing, eaware austin breaking the game more and more every week or the people who blindly defending them. pathetic.

ikr :D

I feel like the devs are just doing their jobs and thats the problem. They are not passionate about their work anymore.

The last group of devs that i knew that were passionate and loved and played their game was the guys and gals over at city of heroes. Sadly you are right its just a job for these guys.......:(

Funny thing i completed my tactical weekly by doing cz tactical only through random. On another toon i tried not doing random and just queue for Blood hunt and battle of rishii, i did not get a single progression, i am still 0/3 on my sage after doing blood hunt 5 times and battle of rishii 3 times. I don't know what is more amusing, EAWare Austin breaking the game more and more every week or the people who blindly defending them. Pathetic.

Okay then - sorry - I did not know that as I have never had any problems completing the weekly with any of my chars by doing Rishi/Blood Hunt. :)

Edited by Piene

Okay then - sorry - I did not know that as I have never had any problems completing the weekly with any of my chars by doing Rishi/Blood Hunt. :)

That is the biggest problem here, for some people mission is working perfectly but for some people it is not. i had no problem completing weekly with blood hunt or battle of rishii when 3.0 1st came out but then i took a month break and when i came back i started having the problem.

No offense to anyone here, but even though it's their job to listen to the community and it's feedback, they probably get tired of hearing about the same thing over and over and over and over again. An exploit for one thing, 30 topics. More pvp maps, 25 topics. Easier or harder gameplay, 50,000 topics. Get the idea? Edited by HyperSonicOne

No offense to anyone here, but even though it's their job to listen to the community and it's feedback, they probably get tired of hearing about the same thing over and over and over and over again. An exploit for one thing, 30 topics. More pvp maps, 25 topics. Easier or harder gameplay, 50,000 topics. Get the idea?

No. If they actually did something to fix these issues, then I would understand. Since they don't and we are paying for their cars, mortgages and holidays, the least we can demand is that they reply.

If I would work 10 hours or so per day on a game, I probably wouldn't play it either. The last thing I want to do after I finished work in the evening is... well, basically everything that has anything to do with my work. ;)

Does a professional football player play football on a field with his friends in the evening? Probably not. But a dev might. The football player might play games on his console though.

Anyway, that's my opinion about the headline of this thread. Ontopic, I don't have much to say. I just find it amusing again and again that people are expecting devs to play the game they program for a living. Sure, some might do. And at work, they will do it for testing purposes etc. But during leisure time? I find that thought doubtful.

No offense to anyone here, but even though it's their job to listen to the community and it's feedback, they probably get tired of hearing about the same thing over and over and over and over again. An exploit for one thing, 30 topics. More pvp maps, 25 topics. Easier or harder gameplay, 50,000 topics. Get the idea?

No offense, but that's called feedback...maybe they should act on it a bit more huh?

Does a professional football player play football on a field with his friends in the evening? Probably not. But a dev might. The football player might play games on his console though.

Green Bay Wisconsin, July 2014...friend had a bbq that he invited a few people to...know who was in his back yard? Aaron Rodger's...guess who he's with - Jordy Nelson. Know what they were doing? Playing catch...

So...yes, they do.

Green Bay Wisconsin, July 2014...friend had a bbq that he invited a few people to...know who was in his back yard? Aaron Rodger's...guess who he's with - Jordy Nelson. Know what they were doing? Playing catch...

So...yes, they do.

I've also seen that happen a few times to. When you are passionate about something you never want to leave it or stop doing it. It doesn't feel like a job to you at all. If I worked on SWTOR are you kidding me? That would be a dream! I would play it even more so and I would be getting paid for it. To go to work to work on SWTOR, iron out bugs, etc? You are darn right I would love doing that. That's all I did in alpha and beta is run around testing every single little thing to see what bugs there were. I like doing that :)

If I would work 10 hours or so per day on a game, I probably wouldn't play it either. The last thing I want to do after I finished work in the evening is... well, basically everything that has anything to do with my work. ;)

Anyway, that's my opinion about the headline of this thread. Ontopic, I don't have much to say. I just find it amusing again and again that people are expecting devs to play the game they program for a living. Sure, some might do. And at work, they will do it for testing purposes etc. But during leisure time? I find that thought doubtful.

if someone scrubs toilets for a living then sure i doubt they'd want to do the same when they're at home but that's not quite the same deal

if someone scrubs toilets for a living then sure i doubt they'd want to do the same when they're at home but that's not quite the same deal

Not everybody is like that and automatically doesn't want to do what they do at their job just because they are off of it O.O There is a difference between having a job or having a passion to do it. However big or small that is sometimes you never want to stop doing it! :)