Juggernauts/Guardians Heal Buff in 3.1.2

SirMannii

They do now have 12 stacks of selfheal instead of 10 in 3.1.2 patch.

Is this good and needed for Juggernaut/Guardian damage dealers or tanks? Why do you guys think BioWare made this change, were they a little squishy? Are Marauder/Sentinel way too overpowered so they felt Juggernauts/Guardians needed something to balance those differences out?

Plz feel free to discuss this matter with me.

3.1.2 Patch (mined data I found on reddit, legit source): http://torcommunity.com/database/update-previews/380-3-1-2-pts-update-2-mined

Edited by SirMannii

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its probably needed for pve. most likley some boss fight and instead of tuning the boss down, they buffed jug tanks. now 1 tank can do it, but not the others so they think problem solved.

They do not care about pvp so they just threw it together as a band aid and went home.

I keep looking for competency in class changes and being dismally disappointed. Not one of the changes in this latest round of adjustments makes any kind of sense at all.
Say what?! The changes to merc and commando survivability was EXTREMELY needed. Although I will agree, the added survivability to jugs is just simply ludicrous.

its probably needed for pve. most likley some boss fight and instead of tuning the boss down, they buffed jug tanks. now 1 tank can do it, but not the others so they think problem solved.

They do not care about pvp so they just threw it together as a band aid and went home.

I get your point, but why not make all these survivability changes exclusive to Juggernaut/Guardian tanks? Why should for example Jugg/Guardian be so "newbie friendly" compared to Mara/Sentinel? :)

it's a powerfull ability sure but it can also be negated so not sure what all the fuzz is about?

I can tell you're a Juggernaut/Guardian yourself. The fuzz is about your class being the most noob-friendly class in the game in current state. I don't say all Juggernaut/Guardian players are bad, I'm just stating fact out of huge experience to the game and almost all classes.

I can tell you're a Juggernaut/Guardian yourself. The fuzz is about your class being the most noob-friendly class in the game in current state. I don't say all Juggernaut/Guardian players are bad, I'm just stating fact out of huge experience to the game and almost all classes.

indeed i am. i also play lots of other classes. sure vengeance is probably up there with pt's and hatred sins in ease of playing.

what's that got to do with anything?

indeed i am. i also play lots of other classes. sure vengeance is probably up there with pt's and hatred sins in ease of playing.

what's that got to do with anything?

The difference being that PTs and Sins are at the top of the leaderboards and Juggs are near the bottom. So easy to play clearly doesn't translate over to "easy to win."

The difference being that PTs and Sins are at the top of the leaderboards and Juggs are near the bottom. So easy to play clearly doesn't translate over to "easy to win."

That is entirely another thing and a little false to be honest. Good players play a class you need to be good for, and when you master current #1 FOTM class which is Shadow/Assassin you are a MONSTER TRUCK. While some players chose to play Juggernaut because it's their main, or it's easy to play, they will never carry a team, nor will they therefor get good ratings.

Juggs are currently at the bottom of the leaderboards in ranked play (if you ignore maras, that is) - they need something significant, especially in higher ranked play. Mercs in their current form are doing significantly better. Snipers are currently doing better. Edited by Savej

Well, my gf just got into swtor with no experience in mmos and when I thought about which class she should main, there was no doubt in my mind that SW(jugg) is the way to go. They require very few buttons to be effective, very straight forward playstyle, even their *********** mez doesn't require them choosing a target target, their healing doesn't require any action from the player aside from taking damage. All about juggs screams "yep, we wanted to make it easy for you bro so you can focus on dpsing **** in peace". To me they also have the most boring playstyle out of all classes. And now they' will be even more *********** unstoppable.

Well, my gf just got into swtor with no experience in mmos and when I thought about which class she should main, there was no doubt in my mind that SW(jugg) is the way to go. They require very few buttons to be effective, very straight forward playstyle, even their *********** mez doesn't require them choosing a target target, their healing doesn't require any action from the player aside from taking damage. All about juggs screams "yep, we wanted to make it easy for you bro so you can focus on dpsing **** in peace". To me they also have the most boring playstyle out of all classes. And now they' will be even more *********** unstoppable.

It's absolutely the most easy class to play. Good Guardians will always outplay bad ones, but when it comes to damage it's just who is the quickest retard. Spamming same skills over and over and get autocrit on blade storm/force scream and resetproc on dispatch/vicious throw with a Master Strike/Ravage reset on 1 skill hit lol. Also you heal yourself for up to 80k after this patch on 1 ability use, just hilarious.

People who play Guardian/Juggernauts are players who are complete failures as Sentinel/Marauders in current state of the game.

noob friendly is not a problem. Being overpowered in the hands of a competent player is a problem.

Compared to PTs and assassins, Juggs are a weaker in solo ranked.

I main a guardian/jugg. I don't see that the change is needed for PvP. I agree with the assessment that it was done for PvE.

EA/Bioware: please let go of all your devs, hire competent programmers and listen to valuable input from the people who ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. They'll do it for free, I'm sure.

The devs are obviously way off their game as well as the game itself.

That or make BW Austin a reality TV show with cameras and mics recording 20/7 with logs of everything in the process of being so the community can know and maybe understand. We need more transparency because A LOT of the adjustment (i was gonna say balance but it seems like you forgot what that actually means and only thought about the spec when people cry for more balance...) choices are puzzling, disturbing, disgusting.