can't learn reflex barrel 7 or skill barrel 7

hooooooha

For starters, I'm a noob. This is my first MMO. I have no idea why I can't learn the schematic for either "7" barrels. Reverse engineering the level 6 barrels only gave me the upgraded versions of themselves, and they have no research available. Does anyone know what I need to do? Thank you for your time. Edited by hooooooha

For starters, I'm a noob. This is my first MMO. I have no idea why I can't learn the schematic for either "7" barrels. Reverse engineering the level 6 barrels only gaff me the upgraded versions of themselves, and they have no research available. Thank you for your time.

You have to buy the upgraded schematics from your Armstech vendor. Each new level of any particular item (such as augments, blasters, etc.) needs to be purchased or found via drop. Some crew skills do allow you to find them, as well, but your best bet for the sub-60 range of items is your Armstech vendor.

You can only RE from green to blue to purple within a specific item tier (such as the Reflex Barrel 7).

Also remember that your crafting skill must be high enough to unlock new schematics at the trainer. If you have already learned the purple versions of everything that you can craft and your skill isn't high enough to unlock new ones at the trainer then you will need to craft more items to raise your skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Reverse Engineering is used to get upgraded versions of the schematics you learn from your Crew Skil trainer. In case of Armstech Barrels it means getting a blue and then purple from a green.

To learn higher level schematics you need to go see the Crew Skill trainer, either on the fleet or any other big Planet. Learning new schematics has a base Crew Skill level requirements. So as an example, to learn Skill Barrel 7 you will need a specific level of Armstech.

To level your Crew Skill you have to craft things that have Orange, Yellow or Green dot next to them. Orange is the best, as it gives more then one point of Crew Skill prowess. Be mindfull that higher level schematics will need higher level materials as well.