Yaaawwn...Where are the NEW PVP maps???

Spinefusor

So yah, I get the cartel market, its great and all, I've even bought a bunch of cartel coins besides the ones i get for being a sub.... My question is where are the pvp maps?

Getting tired of the same old maps, over and over, and yet every week theres more FLAIR to buy on the cartel market. Its starting to make me sick.

Edited by Spinefusor

So yah, I get the cartel market, its great and all, I've even bought a bunch of cartel coins besides the ones i get for being a sub.... My question is where are the pvp maps?

Getting tired of the same old maps, over and over, and yet every week theres more FLAIR to buy on the cartel market. Its starting to make me sick.

new armor is not produced by the same people making new pvp/pve content. It ultimately comes down to numbers.

if 25% of the population pvp making new pvp maps becomes expensive. Now is this a checken/egg conversation,partially. will new maps bring more people to pvp, maybe, hard to say. They spend gobs of money on open space PVP under the guise that is what people wanted, they built it, and they never came.

so will adding new pvp maps bring more pvp players, probably not, will making new maps keep the existing pvp players, maybe.

I personally don't mind the Cartel Market. Compared to other games and their stores it's actually not so bad.

But it is ridiculous that we didn't receive any new PvP content in the last two expansions. Even better, there is nothing PvP content-related planned in the 2015 Roadmap either.

But let's be honest. Most PvPers have long since bailed on this game. The only one's still around, like myself, are mainly here because it's Star Wars. Once a better Star Wars PvP game comes along, the rest of us will bail too. And guess what? That game is called Star Wars Battlefront 3 and will be released in December 2015.

So if you PvP and are here mainly because it's Star Wars, you only have to put up with this farce for a little while longer.

Edited by DarthOvertone

new armor is not produced by the same people making new pvp/pve content. It ultimately comes down to numbers.

if 25% of the population pvp making new pvp maps becomes expensive. Now is this a checken/egg conversation,partially. will new maps bring more people to pvp, maybe, hard to say. They spend gobs of money on open space PVP under the guise that is what people wanted, they built it, and they never came.

so will adding new pvp maps bring more pvp players, probably not, will making new maps keep the existing pvp players, maybe.

Incorrect. People definitely came out for GSF, hard. And folks still do. The problem as to why the population is lighter now is obviously due to the lack of new maps and ships. I actually resurrected a dead guild when GSF came out to help the pub side which was losing allot at the time, but I tired out all the players, playing the same maps over and over again. So only a few from my guild still do GSF. I gave GSF a break until new maps come out, and I was a big GSF buff, I even started twitching because of it. But I havent twitched SWTOR since I got bored of the 4 GSF maps.

Same thing is happening to warzones, just not as bad because warzones has more maps.

I suspect bioware is planning to enter SWTOR into esports and thats why there hasnt been any new pvp maps for gsf and even longer for warzones. They had an ops tournament planned recently but cancelled it due to bugs. I figured that was going to be the first step into esports, but it appears we may have to wait longer. -_-

If that's not the case then BIoware must be planning to abandon SWTOR soon. But I doubt that, highly.

It breaks my heart. GSF is so awesome, but its been forgotten by the Bioware executives for so long, I'm not sure Jeff Hickman will ever do anything for it again. Why? I dont know. But I really hope its for esports, and that we will get pleasantly surprised real soon.

What's going on Jeff?

Incorrect. People definitely came out for GSF, hard. And folks still do. The problem as to why the population is lighter now is obviously due to the lack of new maps and ships. I actually resurrected a dead guild when GSF came out to help the pub side which was losing allot at the time, but I tired out all the players, playing the same maps over and over again. So only a few from my guild still do GSF. I gave GSF a break until new maps come out, and I was a big GSF buff, I even started twitching because of it. But I havent twitched SWTOR since I got bored of the 4 GSF maps.

Same thing is happening to warzones, just not as bad because warzones has more maps.

I suspect bioware is planning to enter SWTOR into esports and thats why there hasnt been any new pvp maps for gsf and even longer for warzones. They had an ops tournament planned recently but cancelled it due to bugs. I figured that was going to be the first step into esports, but it appears we may have to wait longer. -_-

If that's not the case then BIoware must be planning to abandon SWTOR soon. But I doubt that, highly.

It breaks my heart. GSF is so awesome, but its been forgotten by the Bioware executives for so long, I'm not sure Jeff Hickman will ever do anything for it again. Why? I dont know. But I really hope its for esports, and that we will get pleasantly surprised real soon.

What's going on Jeff?

The hope is strong with this one...

GSF is dead, it will never be touched again.

Exports? Really? They can't fix the problems they have and you think that will happen?

yah I know..damn companies with having to make money huh.

new pvp maps won't bring in new cash.

CM stuff does.

no cash, no game.

play more on your high-horse all ya want, but try to make sense doing it first.

Most PvPers have long since bailed on this game. The only one's still around, like myself, are mainly here because it's Star Wars. Once a better Star Wars PvP game comes along, the rest of us will bail too. And guess what? That game is called Star Wars Battlefront 3 and will be released in December 2015.

So if you PvP and are here mainly because it's Star Wars, you only have to put up with this farce for a little while longer.

Hey Jeff Hickman, this quote above really hurt my feelings. I sincerely hope the delay for new warzone/gsf maps is because youre planning to enter us into esports, and you want to make it as big as possible.

Because Mr Hickman, Darth Overtone is making me cry and I along with endless subscribers can not afford to subscribe to two games.

We also need the chairs fixed, so we can sit on them properly. Thanks.

... pazaak ...

yah I know..damn companies with having to make money huh.

new pvp maps won't bring in new cash.

CM stuff does.

no cash, no game.

play more on your high-horse all ya want, but try to make sense doing it first.

The cartel market actually works with other aspects of the game. GSF came out, cartel items for gsf. Strongholds came out same thing. So its not the cm, keeping wz/gsf maps away. Its got to be something else. I'm hoping its preparation for esports since they are trying to start an Ops tournament.

And yet you still sub?

We aren't getting new PvP maps.

No cartel value in pvp, therefore it gets no love. They said 'no' to anything new with pvp. And they are true to their word, even to the point they mixed 30s in with the 55-59s now in mid bracket and bolstering them to 60, giving them 10-15k more HP and more power/damage.

THATS just how lazy they are when it comes to PvP.

How hard can it be? Make a map, doenst have to be fancy, problem is they dont like to do things half assed. But in this case ill take it. NEW PVP MAPS PLEEEASE

Actually, I would mind a half-assed PvP map.

I agree with the Op that the game needs a new 8v8 map, but, given the nature of PvP maps, they can't be done half-assed.

SoR was done this way, and I guess BW can get away with it. I'm actually glad they didn't make a PvP map for it - it would have been horribly implemented.

Hah, if only BW could find a way of releasing new PVP warzones via Cartel Market - then there would be no issue releasing new content.:(

They tried and failed with GSF and as punishment for us not enjoying this badly designed game mechanic, they punish PvP'ers with no balance, no content and a 'suck it up' approach. The fact they remain so mute on PvP says it all - clueless.

How do you know it's not the same people? And how much does it cost?