Lightning in 3.1.2

SpikeSaber

It was inevitible, and it will be a very swift and sweet justice. though, really they could have just BUFFED the other specs to even the playing field, also Nerfing just DPS, doesn't balance a class, if one class deals 5k DPS but can't take any hits, then it's still not a good class if you nerf another class's DPS... you have to have everyone on a close footing.

Tested it today and the dps loss is from 200 to 300, thats a bit sad.

The DPS loss is minimal and a roughly equal to a total of a 12.5% loss across the board currently. Would be barely noticeable in PvE if your using the correct Rotation, as well in PvP geared correctly and communicating with your teammates it will take only 2-3 extra hits to kill some one. Nothing terrible, just a minor speed bump in the road.

Let the tweeks and fixes get finished first int the PTS - it could get much better, or it could become much worse. It is still too early to say that it is bad right now; more information is still coming.

Barely noticable?

200-300 dps less is a huge loss and makes all the difference in PvE. All other ranged classes do much more damage. Tell me one good reason why progression teams should run sages or sorcs after these nerfs when other classes do so much more.

Especially the later hardmode bosses require quite the DPS.

The nerfs went in the completely wrong direction. Our burst was not the big issues. We are actually fairly average in DPS output. The only problem is forcequake and maybe a bit too much selfheal. Thats the only thing that should be nerfed. Not our single target.

I also tried it on the PTS and the rotation feels kinda broken with the increased CD on Gust.

Barely noticable?

200-300 dps less is a huge loss and makes all the difference in PvE. All other ranged classes do much more damage. Tell me one good reason why progression teams should run sages or sorcs after these nerfs when other classes do so much more.

Unrivaled AoE damage, although there could be resource problems potentially on certain fights idk yet :p

Besides HM Revan, they will still be just fine for any content if you're competent.

Definitely not a fan of the CD proc still only lasting 12 seconds though... should be 15 to coincide with the LF cooldown imo.

Edited by KTap

Unrivaled AoE damage, although there could be resource problems potentially on certain fights idk yet :p

Besides HM Revan, they will still be just fine for any content if you're competent.

Definitely not a fan of the CD proc still only lasting 12 seconds though... should be 15 to coincide with the LF cooldown imo.

I can imagine this for sorcs. But sages without the allacrity boost and the bugs? I don't know for full 198 yet but still seems to be a struggle for rep side.

I can imagine this for sorcs. But sages without the allacrity boost and the bugs? I don't know for full 198 yet but still seems to be a struggle for rep side.

Ah yes, sorry kinda hungover :o

Sages are definitely going to notice this more, as their dps is already hindered on live.

They should just tone down Force Storm / Forcequake instead of nerfing our single target damage, and fix Sages.

Edited by KTap

They should just tone down Force Storm / Forcequake instead of nerfing our single target damage, and fix Sages.

That would be like a wet dream. :p

For something completely different: How much crit are you running lately? I struggle a bit to find the sweet spot.

Barely noticable?

The nerfs went in the completely wrong direction. Our burst was not the big issues. We are actually fairly average in DPS output. The only problem is forcequake and maybe a bit too much selfheal. Thats the only thing that should be nerfed. Not our single target.

I also tried it on the PTS and the rotation feels kinda broken with the increased CD on Gust.

I've tested it as well. And like any buff and/or nerf, Rotations are going to change. It isn't the end of the world nor is it the end of the class or game. it is still too early to claim that Progressive guilds and teams are going to kick every single Sage / Sorc dps to the curb cause of a minor hiccup.

Speaking PvE wise, it should always be Bring the Player, not the class; an above average to top tier Sage / Sorc with easily shrug off these changes and stay very competitive utilizing their entire skill set, instead of focusing on witless force dumping to make the meters "look" good.

Sure doing 200-300 less damage sucks; but it isn't a huge devastating drop or game breaking nerf like 900-2000+ damage reduction that hit DPS BH / Mercs and GS / Snipers a few times in the past, and even then the good players maintained their spots and stayed competitive in both PvE and PvP.

As well, Progressive teams wont just nilly willy bench their members because of nerfs, they bench players for failure to adapt to changes and refusing to prefect their rotation and play style to overcome these challenges. There is a lot more to end game progression then lolfaceroll dpsing through trash and bosses.

It is still early, and the changes are not final - the best thing to do is to explain the pros and cons. Weigh both sides of these changes, develop a solid critical concept of these changes. Provide them the feedback.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=798996

Dancing on top of a soapbox screaming "nerfs bad M'mkay" and how it makes you feel bad doesn't help, constructive criticism, scrutiny and insight catches the attention of the Devs more than playing the blame game and points fingers.

I am not saying people will get benched, but probably a lot of rerolling will happen.

Like i said in a previous comment, it might work out for top tier sorcerers of course.

It will be a struggle for sages with all the problems the class is facing allready. If they fix the old problem and bring sages on the same level as sorcerers, the nerf might be acceptable.

Edited by IkarusXY

Obvious solution: Force Quake/Force Storm duration reduced to 3 seconds, damage/tick reduced by 10% (cost/tick remains unchanged). Its extreme radius would still be worth using, but now you won't have people combining it with recklessness or replacing Lightning Bolts with it (unless AoE)

Community *****es about Force Storm but devs nerf single target. That's one way to make everyone pissed at you.

Could be worse, the PT/VG community complained about the devs nerfing Plasmatech/Pyrotech because Pyro was overperforming, because Pyro had a bugged 6-piece set bonus. The end result is Pyro after all the nerfs (including the ninja nerf that wasn't put on the PTS) is as strong as Plasmatech currently is - only the rotational integrity was completely obliterated in order to pull it off, and Pyro STILL has the bugged 6-piece that doesn't get consumed.

GG Bioware.

Edited by TACeMossie

Besides, lol. It is unacceptable they are not also fine for Revan. Every class should be sufficient for all content or they need a buff.

Well, I would say its not a big loss, but it is a loss still. Increasing cooldown on Lightning flash is just lame. I would say all they need to do is : change last bonus on 6th set pieces to 4th pieces old set with 5% alacrity, nerf force storm utility from 25% to 15%, slightly increase force cost of FS.

Sorc is definetly is good class as dps, for example im almost always first as dps on each boss and im not trying to farm numbers. I can't say for sure but I think if they keep that nerf it'l be noticeable in pve.

Can't say anything about Revan yet as sorc dps I havent been there. But im not sure if dps is high enough for burning the core lets say until 75 stacks.

Barely noticable?

Cute.

I am not saying people will get benched, but probably a lot of rerolling will happen.

Like i said in a previous comment, it might work out for top tier sorcerers of course.

It will be a struggle for sages with all the problems the class is facing allready. If they fix the old problem and bring sages on the same level as sorcerers, the nerf might be acceptable.

If that's the reaction we'll get, then they've done the right thing. If this makes at least one FOTM sorc go back to his/her main class, it's a victory.

5% reduction to damage procs, Shock/Project damge/proc chance lowered by 25%, and Burst/Bolt gets a slight damage nerf (probably around 5% itself) and everyone thinks TK/Lightning is getting the heavy nerf-bat... No, what I saw is they are trying to tone down burst damage on the run. Flash/Gust got a damage increase (which is fantastic), and I still say they are not touching Storm/Quake.

Still will play TK/Lightning, even if they nerf Storm/Quake in anyway, because I love the spec and its playstyle. I find Balance/Madness clunky and odd to play.

and everyone thinks TK/Lightning is getting the heavy nerf-bat...

They are, and rightfully so. Specifically the fix to Conduction is going to be a MAJOR hit to them in PvP. As it stands right now though, Lightning Sorcs have been able to get away with murder using this exploit.

As a Corruption Sorc, I gladly welcome the bug fix. I'm not saying Lightning Sorcs are overpowered, because they aren't, but that bug needed fixed.

I might take this time to add that I am disappointed with the lack of other class changes on the PTS.

Edited by Xeraz