12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

I love swotr but leveling via KUAD drive from 15 to 50 is just bloody boring to the point where i wan't to cancel sub. :rak_01:

Im sorry but clearly you DO NOT love SW:TOR as you limit yourself to the very possible WORST level content in a effort to skip 99% of SW:TOR content and story while leveling up.

Its pretty clear by your comment (thats quoted above) you are looking for instant gratification only

Personally I have never leveled a character through Kuat Drive Yards and never will

I can barelt tolerate that flash point when it comes up in normal GF queue, much less forcing myself to repeat it over and over because I cant be bothered to actually play the rest of the game.

I have 8 lvl 60s

5 more 55-59 characters

and 4 more lowbie crafters for conquest and NONE of them have intentionally repeated KDY.

Far more faster and more entertaining ways then repeating that horrible Flashpoint

but that would require you to play ALL of the game do achieve.

Contrary to popular misconception, a MMORPG starts at lvl 1, not 60

Skipping the content from level 1-59 doesnt make you a fan of the game

Quite the opposite actually

Edited by Kalfear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but clearly you DO NOT love SW:TOR as you limit yourself to the very possible WORST level content in a effort to skip 99% of SW:TOR content and story while leveling up.

Its pretty clear by your comment (thats quoted above) you are looking for instant gratification only

Personally I have never leveled a character through Kuat Drive Yards and never will

I can barelt tolerate that flash point when it comes up in normal GF queue, much less forcing myself to repeat it over and over because I cant be bothered to actually play the rest of the game.

I have 8 lvl 60s

5 more 55-59 characters

and 4 more lowbie crafters for conquest and NONE of them have intentionally repeated KDY.

Far more faster and more entertaining ways then repeating that horrible Flashpoint

Well said.

That's an unfair assumption.

I love SWTOR, but I'm not a huge fan of the story...I think they're pretty much evenly split good/bad. If I were to ever level a Shadow, I'd do everything I could to skip that terrible story line. KDY is simply an alternative for some players...I'd use it, and PvP, and GSF...anything to avoid the freaking story.

edit: And to me, MMOs start at level cap. 1-cap is the tutorial phase. My main has been level cap 99% of my playing time.

Edited by TUXs

I'm not the one demanding that the game be changed to cater to my aversion to the minimal effort required to level new characters or to suit my play style.

I'm not the one telling the devs how to write their game.

Some here have made suggestions. you are the one demanding a say in how any change is implemented. you are the one name calling, and using your awesome powers of clairvoyance to determine other posters deepest feelings. you keep on using consistent attacks to insinuate that any that are opposed to you are lazy. try moderating that and people might react better to you.

I have 8 lvl 60s

5 more 55-59 characters

+1 and QFE

The last time I checked, players running KDY were still earning the XP, and doing so at the normal rate and NOT at 1200%.

yeah, I did 1 toon from lvl 10-55 using only KDY, that sucked hard. talk about a 2 day grind during a x2XP weekend, but at the end it paid off with uninterrupted story missions :mon_trap:

1 toon used x12 XP story mission boost. quick but had a goal, asap to max lvl as a 3rd operative to run ops as healer and dps in WZ for triple comm weekly max. it was to only boost my main character's gear quicker. meaning in a day, I can max out comms and comm gear on 1 character. legacy it over to any other cunning user and companion to easy mode end game content.

it wasn't for story missions, as they only last a few hours and can only do them once per character. it was a personal gain, and I missed a lot of content, did I need it? nah, these 2 were the 21st and 22nd toons and 7th and 8th to max lvl. do I gain an advantage over others? sure do, when it comes to comm grinds and min/max gear as I can run 4 cunning users through weekly WZs and Ops (3 ops, 1 sniper) and with legacy gear, I only need 1 set. maybe 2 if I feel the need to min/max an alacrity set. but that can always wait a week if need be.

wait a second, I have 2 jug tanks, lets run them through it as well. nah, the ops can do it much faster. yeah im that guy that needs on strength as an operative healer. :rak_04:. what about that powertech, got ya, he needs that stuff too. willpower for the sage, get it done son! I don't buy off the GTN so crew skillers don't see my credits, I craft my own stuff as needed. guild left for ESO so <Your Companion> on SL is just me and my alts

. . . do you really want a bunch of ME running around needing on your gear drops and not spending a single credit on your GTN sales?? :eek:

x12 XP boost will create more players with similar trains of thought as I have. so think before you demand x12 XP just for story missions. there are other ways to do the story missions uninterrupted, but youll have to put the time and effort in it, to receive that reward/goal. there is nothing wrong with that.

there are other ways to do the story missions uninterrupted, but youll have to put the time and effort in it, to receive that reward/goal. there is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry, they told me I was paying for KOTOR 3-10, not the equivalent of a Korean grindfest if I want to play all eight stories.

I stand by what I said earlier, just put the Level Up Terminal back on the PTS. Problem solved for everybody!

I personally love the stories, i never get bored of them, but i do agree that bioware did sell the game's idea of it being kotor 3-10 and well i haven't seen the content to equal that amount of games, now if each class experienced the story differently on a planetary scale instead of just a class scale, then it would be good enough, but right now, all you need to do is roll 1 republic and 1 imperial character and you will have seen 99% of all content in the game.

I know there are 8 class stories in this mmo, but considering that all planets have 4-5 quests that are class specific, that isn't all that much at all and i really do recall bioware saying that each class will not experience the same stories, each class will have its own unique experiences, but the only unique experience is the story which, compared to the game itself is a minor part of the game.

I think double xp of class quests is an acceptable rate, any higher is just over kill.

There is always class quest experience perks, simply change that from 25% to 100% or even better, change the xp consumables to increase xp gained by 100% instead of 25%, that is how you solve the problem....for those that can't do the same content more then once, i have done the planetary content over 10 times and i have yet to skip any dialog, i find it awesome, i just wish there was vastly more to do.

I have 8 lvl 60s

5 more 55-59 characters

who made you the judge?

edit: end you forgot your yellow-orange font...

yeah, I did 1 toon from lvl 10-55 using only KDY, that sucked hard. talk about a 2 day grind during a x2XP weekend, but at the end it paid off with uninterrupted story missions :mon_trap:

1 toon used x12 XP story mission boost. quick but had a goal, asap to max lvl as a 3rd operative to run ops as healer and dps in WZ for triple comm weekly max. it was to only boost my main character's gear quicker. meaning in a day, I can max out comms and comm gear on 1 character. legacy it over to any other cunning user and companion to easy mode end game content.

it wasn't for story missions, as they only last a few hours and can only do them once per character. it was a personal gain, and I missed a lot of content, did I need it? nah, these 2 were the 21st and 22nd toons and 7th and 8th to max lvl. do I gain an advantage over others? sure do, when it comes to comm grinds and min/max gear as I can run 4 cunning users through weekly WZs and Ops (3 ops, 1 sniper) and with legacy gear, I only need 1 set. maybe 2 if I feel the need to min/max an alacrity set. but that can always wait a week if need be.

wait a second, I have 2 jug tanks, lets run them through it as well. nah, the ops can do it much faster. yeah im that guy that needs on strength as an operative healer. :rak_04:. what about that powertech, got ya, he needs that stuff too. willpower for the sage, get it done son! I don't buy off the GTN so crew skillers don't see my credits, I craft my own stuff as needed. guild left for ESO so <Your Companion> on SL is just me and my alts

. . . do you really want a bunch of ME running around needing on your gear drops and not spending a single credit on your GTN sales?? :eek:

x12 XP boost will create more players with similar trains of thought as I have. so think before you demand x12 XP just for story missions. there are other ways to do the story missions uninterrupted, but youll have to put the time and effort in it, to receive that reward/goal. there is nothing wrong with that.

people were doing that long before 12x xp came around. try again

Sounds like the real request is for a single player version of swtor aka kotor 3 or whatever the next version would be numbered

the real request is for 12x xp to return in some fashion. we seem to have some people that think they can translate to say something they want it to say, but the tarot cards dont seem to be working......stay away from the voodoo....

I am a returning Founder after nearly a year away, as well as my wife and we would both love 12X experience. We both have many toons, but we would love to enjoy the class stories all over again. We would both sign up for a year if this was an option so we can replay every story over and enjoy the immersion that comes with that. We both have signed up for two months to play the new expansion. However, playing the stories all over again with all the grind in the side quests would never be something we would do again. So, there is little incentive to sign up longer...

I know they want to keep things like 12x as another way to draw in subs when they have a launch, but I really think many of us would sign up for a long time if we had the chance to play just stories. We (her and I) are not looking to have more toons for end game, we already have what we want for that, we are not asking for free 60ties either... Just to be able to enjoy the most amazing part of the game, its class stories...

I really hope this will become a feature we can buy off cartel market....

OR

This idea: With purchase of a 12 month plan, you get a perk that will allow you to level at an accelerated rate (maybe 12x or something good, even 6x would be nice). This way, the person signing up gets the perk and EA gets a guarantee of a long term subscription.... Like a reward for people willing to have a long term sub is a win for both EA/BW and the player.

They could even break it down, a 6 month sub gets you 6X, 12 gets you 12X... Not forced on the player, but a perk that could be turned on or off. If programming for that per player is too involved, they could offer it as consumables that can't be sold on GTN. A reward only for those willing to pay for a long subscription.

Many of us want this perk, but EA/BW also have to get something in return, and they would with the above idea.

Edited by Themanthatisi

In YOUR opinion, the main aspect is end game. That is not true for everyone.

I doubt that BW will lose any sleep if you cancel your subscription. You're $15 is but a drop in the bucket. I also doubt that you will actually cancel your subscription as that would limit the number of WZ's you could do.

That is not my opinion, that is the fact of MMO. Like 90 % of things are built and added to the end game and not to your leveling exp, not sure why you even mentioned that. Yes probably someone ok with leveling and only doing so but its a small fraction of whole population..... This is like any MMO basics........

Yes I know no one cares about single sub, but it wasn't threat or anything just my though at that moment........... Not sure why you took it this way.................. And lol at MID level WZ.............. You know that they bad as they get........

the real request is for 12x xp to return in some fashion. we seem to have some people that think they can translate to say something they want it to say, but the tarot cards dont seem to be working......stay away from the voodoo....

I think most people would be fine with full 12x coming back in very limited time-frames, like a random 12x weekend instead of a 2x weekend. The argument against a return of 12xp is against its permanence for the entire population.

On the down side, if they were to implement this again I know I would abuse the hell out of it just to race my MULES/GTN Bots to the end of their companion acquisition, if only to make them crafting bots/gatherbots as well without any real effort.

Collect Underworld Stuff and treasure Hunting Stuff and Slicing Stuff and make loads and loads of credits with little effort.

That is not my opinion, that is the fact of MMO. ..

and 99% of your facts are made up and unfactual

mmoRPGs (why do new players always for get the RPG part????) start at Level 1, not level 60

And I can PROVE that FACT by simply loading up a new character and not being instantly level 60 as you claim above.

and 99% of your facts are made up and unfactual

mmoRPGs (why do new players always for get the RPG part????) start at Level 1, not level 60

And I can PROVE that FACT by simply loading up a new character and not being instantly level 60 as you claim above.

I play for the MMO part, not the RPG part. Getting to 60 is the part I dread...playing at 60 is the part I enjoy.

I play for the MMO part, not the RPG part. Getting to 60 is the part I dread...playing at 60 is the part I enjoy.

so

then your playing wrong game because 1-60 is still part of the game

holding your breath, plugging your ears, and screaming LALALLALALALALLAA

doesnt change the reality of that

This is a MMORPG and the Leveling is APART OF THE GAME ( a large part in this game actually)

There is a ton of products out there that allow you to be full power from the start

play them

I dont go into a FPS and demand story and PVE be added

I dont go into a RTS game and say they have to give me turn base mode

I dont go into a Racing simulator and say I want housing and hot tub parties

SW:TOR is a mmoRPG built around story and that story starts at LEVEL ONE

so

then your playing wrong game because 1-60 is still part of the game

holding your breath, plugging your ears, and screaming LALALLALALALALLAA

doesnt change the reality of that

This is a MMORPG and the Leveling is APART OF THE GAME ( a large part in this game actually)

There is a ton of products out there that allow you to be full power from the start

play them

I dont go into a FPS and demand story and PVE be added

I dont go into a RTS game and say they have to give me turn base mode

I dont go into a Racing simulator and say I want housing and hot tub parties

SW:TOR is a mmoRPG built around story and that story starts at LEVEL ONE

Who are you to say I'm playing the wrong game lol? I've been here since beta...I know what I like about it. Leveling took me a week of the past 3+ years. Think about that...I've spent more time in GSF, GSH, PvP, WZ's, Ops, FPs, shopping, crafting, sending out my companions than I did leveling...leveling is the least important part of the game to me.

Leveling may be large to you, it isn't to me...and I've been here longer.