Why the new Operations are threatening to kill the game.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've pugged ToS a lot. Only time I haven't completed it is when people don't know that Circles are bad and Can't tell Left from right. People have 4 manned it. I have 7 manned it with people on janky alts. It's not liked you are slowed Like HM. I find ToS is what weeds out the stupid who got by on 16man Carries overgeared for SM DF and DP. I don't queue WZ thinking I should just get a win cause it's regs. Neither do Ops. And I'm a friggin filthy clicker who back peddles everywhere (Dat HO Backpeddle Moonwalk out of CZ)!!

This right here!

Im casual, only on twice a week, to PUG run OPS and Fp's for conquest. I've cleared Lurker on a PUGS, no wipes clears of ravagers on PUGS, Even done some HM DF/DP no problem. When people know a rotation, DC's, and where NOT to stand, the game plays great... and I'm a filthy back-peddling clicker as well... what's a keybind again...?:rak_02:

Thanks !

Allow me to correct my mistake.

"Why the old Operations are threatening to kill the game."

Let's hope they get the tuning right...

SM of little to no challenge to actual Ops players, damn near impossible to fail even for bads.

HM a challenge to actual Ops players, not possible for bads.

NiM a real challenge to actual Ops players, impossible for bads.

An actual Ops player = someone who wears the correct gear for their class as well as uses augments and manages stats such as accuracy, understands their class rotation, and can perform their rotation while telling left from right while moving out of circles.

Bads = someone who cannot be bothered to correctly gear for their class and / or doesn't take advantage of augments while having 91% accuracy, creates their own 'my way' rotation based on the ability names and animations, and fails left and right while standing in a circle while blaming 'lag' or stating 'it's just a game'.

Edited by DawnAskham

I have never understood how casual has become synonymous with incapable. What also amazes me is that people expect the end game content to be easy. If the new operations are too hard then the solution is to go down a tier and do other operations. Once those are too easy move up again. To cry for a nerd on content that shouldn't be needed is wrong.

Okay im venturing into this thread as a complete newcomer to, not only the game, but to mmo's in general. And I have to tell you I am not alone. I now have my first level 60 character. And I completely agree with the above quote.

Experienced players seem to throw casual around combined with the phrase "story only players." Not all of us ops newbies are interested in just story. But tbh endgame is not very warm and fuzzy for newcomers. Comments like "watch a video before queuing up" are frustrating. When SM ops fly at breakneck speed it is difficult to figure out where you are in the story, do your job and not kill your team, and remember tactics. Doing all that takes practice. Something, as a brand new player, I cant get. And some stuff is old tactics, stacking instead of LoS boss tactics and so on. Because the old content isnt done, and people want paid or achievements on SM for the group finder ops newbies arent getting to practice.

The proving ground idea is a great one I would fully support. I waited until 60 because I didnt feel comfortable with my ingame knowledge at 50 to start grouping with strangers. Proving ground would alleviate some confidence issues I had/have.

Okay im venturing into this thread as a complete newcomer to, not only the game, but to mmo's in general. And I have to tell you I am not alone. I now have my first level 60 character. And I completely agree with the above quote.

Experienced players seem to throw casual around combined with the phrase "story only players." Not all of us ops newbies are interested in just story. But tbh endgame is not very warm and fuzzy for newcomers. Comments like "watch a video before queuing up" are frustrating. When SM ops fly at breakneck speed it is difficult to figure out where you are in the story, do your job and not kill your team, and remember tactics. Doing all that takes practice. Something, as a brand new player, I cant get. And some stuff is old tactics, stacking instead of LoS boss tactics and so on. Because the old content isnt done, and people want paid or achievements on SM for the group finder ops newbies arent getting to practice.

The proving ground idea is a great one I would fully support. I waited until 60 because I didnt feel comfortable with my ingame knowledge at 50 to start grouping with strangers. Proving ground would alleviate some confidence issues I had/have.

the problem is that casuals ''exploit'' GF or pugs to do quickly, something they should learn elsewhere. they should join a guild, find a group at their level and do ops, be it EV sm at 50 , some 55 nim or a 60 sm or even hm. you can't blame if someone joining for a quick run is upset by having to explain tactics. probably he just doesn't know how to explain another role or even theirs lol. there's a lot of guilds at different levels and despite what BW thinks, this is an mmo and some mechanics work better than others.

it is the other side of bringing your geared toon and raid experience to a pug and being prevented to roll tokens..

• 1 month later...
the problem is that casuals ''exploit'' GF or pugs to do quickly, something they should learn elsewhere. they should join a guild, find a group at their level and do ops,.....

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Casuals (like me) make the game possible. We pay the lion's share of the premiums that keep the game running.

You cannot ask me to play the way you prefer so I will enjoy it. That statement puts casuals down, just another problem with SWTOR.

I can only play intermittently, but I pay all the time.

The game was gutted for me at 3+. I've explained many times.

Customer service is NON EXISTANT

I have to log on TWICE every effing time I log on. Every time, because it does not recognize the computer I'm using---even though it's the SAME computer.

Not enough slots for DPS in GF, so stand around on fleet all the time waiting.

all kinds of reasons.

Customer service---can't even reach them. I got someon eon phone once, who told me to report here, but there is no response from them. No info on improvemejnts.

PITTIFUL.

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Casuals (like me) make the game possible. We pay the lion's share of the premiums that keep the game running.

You cannot ask me to play the way you prefer so I will enjoy it. That statement puts casuals down, just another problem with SWTOR.

I can only play intermittently, but I pay all the time.

The game was gutted for me at 3+. I've explained many times.

Customer service is NON EXISTANT

I have to log on TWICE every effing time I log on. Every time, because it does not recognize the computer I'm using---even though it's the SAME computer.

Not enough slots for DPS in GF, so stand around on fleet all the time waiting.

all kinds of reasons.

Customer service---can't even reach them. I got someon eon phone once, who told me to report here, but there is no response from them. No info on improvemejnts.

PITTIFUL.

Oh your back....

Let me ask you this, why play a game that you only play a few times and complain about by popping up once in a blue moon. Look, UC are at the current rate as pre 3.0 and it's all worthless come 4.0 as they up the gear level. Just stop.

Also, let this thread *********** die already.

the problem is that casuals ''exploit'' GF or pugs to do quickly, something they should learn elsewhere. they should join a guild, find a group at their level and do ops, be it EV sm at 50 , some 55 nim or a 60 sm or even hm.

Casuals should do this, they should do that, and then they should do this, and then they should do that ...

Why all of this "should do this, that, this, that ?

Why this force ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Casuals should do this, they should do that, and then they should do this, and then they should do that ...

Why all of this "should do this, that, this, that ?

Why this force ?

Cause the "groupers" are threatened and don't understand the "Casual" they fear what they don't understand... so the solution is force them in line. If that doesn't work the Naz.... i mean "groupers" shall try to exterminate the Je.... I mean "Casuals" and it will culminate into a world wa.... I mean a Schism that the Allied Nat... I mean BW will have to come in a save us from Hitl... I mean their leader...

Cause the "groupers" are threatened and don't understand the "Casual" they fear what they don't understand... so the solution is force them in line. If that doesn't work the Naz.... i mean "groupers" shall try to exterminate the Je.... I mean "Casuals" and it will culminate into a world wa.... I mean a Schism that the Allied Nat... I mean BW will have to come in a save us from Hitl... I mean their leader...

i'm sorry, what did you mean?

Oh your back....

Let me ask you this, why play a game that you only play a few times and complain about by popping up once in a blue moon. Look, UC are at the current rate as pre 3.0 and it's all worthless come 4.0 as they up the gear level. Just stop.

Also, let this thread *********** die already.

That is unkind. I m casual/intermittent because I am busy, most of the time. It bothers you that I am only here sometimes? you don't have to read the posts waiting for me to return.

At 3+, they gutted my ability to play now and then and actually earn some UCs.

At 4.0, will it stil be so hard to earn UCs? Because that's what Im' here for. That's what I've been trying to find out.

The subject is reasonable. It is not onerous to ask. It's what I pay for. And casual subs float the game. What I don't want to do is stand on fleet waiting for hours and then only earn a pittance or ZERO UCs.

Telling me to play differently? Telling me to play like someone else enjoys? I'm seeing mature response.

A bunch of people in this thread are using the term casual as synonymous with carry, I'm super casual but would never go into a fp or op with a character that wasn't ready for it or I didn't know well enough. Being carried is something people should only expect their friends and guildies to do not randoms in a pug or groupfinder.

I'm sorry but I believe it is our right to call upon the Godwin's Law.