Can we get a developer to confirm rumor that they will not do pvp content 2015..

SHAVEDKILLER

Because if thats the case ,alot of us would like to have this info confirmed ......Once confirmed well,,,lol who knows what will happen.My guess people will look for pvp content elsewhere...Oh im being very polite.lol.im really thinking dumb s--ts killed swtor time to go.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.....If you take the War out of STARWARS....stick a fork in it your done.PLEASE SQUASH THIS RUMOR ...Give us your 2015 PVP...Roadmap if any.....:confused::(

Because if thats the case ,alot of us would like to have this info confirmed ......Once confirmed well,,,lol who knows what will happen.My guess people will look for pvp content elsewhere...Oh im being very polite.lol.im really thinking dumb s--ts killed swtor time to go.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.....If you take the War out of STARWARS....stick a fork in it your done.PLEASE SQUASH THIS RUMOR ...Give us your 2015 PVP...Roadmap if any.....:confused::(

They already said there will be pvp stuff added so the rumors are false.

Hey folks!

I am seeing a few questions in this thread that I want to address. First, just a general reminder. This Producer Letter from Bruce is not a comprehensive list of every piece of content or feature you will see this year. It is primarily targeting the beginning of the year. As the we get further into the year we will continue to release more details about what we have on the horizon.

What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon. As for some of the other questions I am seeing:

PvP and Class Balance

Bruce just came by and agreed that his Producer Letter should have mentioned Class Balance and that of course we will definitely be making Class balance changes throughout the entire year and beyond!

Queueing Issues

We are still working on this. Unfortunately, I have no further updates at this time.

Other Content (PvP/PvE)

The PVP team is as busy as ever. We aren’t ready to talk about what they are working on. Please remember that this is not a comprehensive list of the whole year, or even beyond then!

-eric

Neo got it. They already said pvp stuff is coming, they just didn't say exactly what.

Yes they did say what was coming. I am paraphrasing... But, I recall something along the lines of... "No. Cross-server pvp queues are not coming, but we are working on something BIGGER than cross-server queues for pvp."

They ARE working on PvP content. They just can't talk about it yet.

Honestly, I'm thinking this'll be a big year for PvP. When you consider that the last two free expansions -- space combat and strongholds (player housing) -- were common big feature requests by the players, their next big project seems pretty obvious: some form of wide scale PvP, probably similar to what GW2 or ESO offers. I think in order to make that work they're also going to add some form of cross-faction (which they can heavily monetize:rolleyes: ) and that will go a long way to help balancing ranked as well.

Could be I'm dreaming though. Still, all this silence suggest they're working on something big that they don't want to let slip too early (like they did with the SSSP).

They already said there will be pvp stuff added so the rumors are false.

Being utterly real here those Content lines from Eric's post mean exactly zilch. They could indicate that they're working on something for this year, or nothing.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Because if thats the case ,alot of us would like to have this info confirmed .....

I would very much like to hear this confirmed. If confirmed, I would certainly unsub immediately and just go play BF4.

Could be I'm dreaming though.

I like your optimism bro...but you're dreaming. heh

Being utterly real here those Content lines from Eric's post mean exactly zilch. They could indicate that they're working on something for this year, or nothing.

Pretty much. Eric does what he can to hold things together. That's his job. If something was on the way, he would say it. Remember his "NO" post. Dude was spot on. We didn't get squat for a year.

Honestly, I'm thinking this'll be a big year for PvP. When you consider that the last two free expansions -- space combat and strongholds (player housing) -- were common big feature requests by the players, their next big project seems pretty obvious: some form of wide scale PvP, probably similar to what GW2 or ESO offers. I think in order to make that work they're also going to add some form of cross-faction (which they can heavily monetize:rolleyes: ) and that will go a long way to help balancing ranked as well.

Could be I'm dreaming though. Still, all this silence suggest they're working on something big that they don't want to let slip too early (like they did with the SSSP).

Whatever it is, it is most likely not going to be big open world pvp. They tried that with Ilum a long time ago and it crashed and burned so hard I doubt they'll even touch that concept with a 10 foot polesaber.

It is also extremely unlikely to really be better than cross server by any means, that was just an informal statement by an employee at a cantina event, nothing they ever officially announced and they already distanced themselves from it.

No...they didn't say they were working on anything, all they said was "The PVP team is as busy as ever.", which tells you jack...considering we haven't had a new objective based WZ in almost 3 years, I can just imagine how busy they were last year too...

Yes they did say what was coming. I am paraphrasing... But, I recall something along the lines of... "No. Cross-server pvp queues are not coming, but we are working on something BIGGER than cross-server queues for pvp."

And it will cost cartel coins!!! lol

(more than likely).

No...they didn't say they were working on anything, all they said was "The PVP team is as busy as ever.", which tells you jack...considering we haven't had a new objective based WZ in almost 3 years, I can just imagine how busy they were last year too...

Queshball and hypersplits were much less than 3 years ago, but neither is that good. Novare was the only really good one they made after launch. Hypergate idea is good but badly tuned for competitive play. Queshball is just a joke, and would be a hot mess in ranked.

I keep hoping it’s a cross-faction queue. Seeing that every zone is already enabled to load as same side one, I don’t see how it is less legit to mix and match. Or, maybe they can add a Yavin zone where they can do that. Jungle setting would be sweet.

Given how the SoR/Forged Alliances stuff played out, I have a feeling it might be cross-faction as well.

As much as I'd love new warzones (decent ones) I'd rather have them fix the chaos left in the wake of 3.0 first - and address some bug issues (ie; leap and roll bug)

Whatever it is, it is most likely not going to be big open world pvp. They tried that with Ilum a long time ago and it crashed and burned so hard I doubt they'll even touch that concept with a 10 foot polesaber.

It is also extremely unlikely to really be better than cross server by any means, that was just an informal statement by an employee at a cantina event, nothing they ever officially announced and they already distanced themselves from it.

Ah, not open world: wide scale. The reason they couldn't balance Ilum was because it was a major questing area (at the time). Wide scale would be its own instance made specifically for PvP. Throw in cross-faction to keep the queue flowing and you have a recipe for success.

you gotta remember, whatever they do, they are limited by the bandaged game engine they build on, probably a big reason why Xserver-open world pvp and other good pvp ideas never come to fruition. Requires too much band aid coding to work on everyones machine.

just my opinion tho.

I keep hoping it’s a cross-faction queue. Seeing that every zone is already enabled to load as same side one, I don’t see how it is less legit to mix and match. Or, maybe they can add a Yavin zone where they can do that. Jungle setting would be sweet.

Fighting next to a pub on my imp.? id rather go play anything else before i would do that.. Its bad enough i have play with pubs on my pub toons. I only have pub toons so i can suicide them.

Bioware has come out before the expansion to say there will be no PVP content and the latest road map indicated there was also no planned PVP content for upcoming updates. I think it's safe to say with "major" story updates coming that will be the focus of the dev team.

Bioware has a history of "dropping the mic" with their players and not fixing any PVP balance has been the biggest drop of them all. When Bioware made their famous PVP heal-to-full post and told the community to l2p they had a weekend before they apologized for dropping the mic. Here we are today the lesson having not been learned and 2.5 months after the expac release there is not a single word regarding PVP balance.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.