Where are the pug OPs on Fleet?

Larsenex

This is an obvious question. There are none. Prior to the new expac and the nerf to comms there were many Pug 16 man Ops hollering for players.

Now, there are NONE, not one at all. I have at this time cancelled my sub. I will more than likely come back in short order since I do love the game. However I am actively looking for another MMO at this time. I was told to look at Archeage or Guildwars 2. I am an EQ2 fan personally.

If I had 'any' advice my personal one is for the current 16 Man weekly ops, (Temple of Sacrifice and Ravagers) to be really nerfed and have the rewards boosted. It would be nice to have droves of players yelling in Allies LFG DPS or Heals or whatever for 16m TOS. But currently on Ebon Hawk that is simply not going to happen.

Rewards are crap on all Hard Modes and there is actually zero reason to cue up for the lvl 60 ones at this time. I have sent all my cash to friends and will still log in and may sub if the Devs change the current 16m Ops. There should be no reason that 16m Story mode Ops should be as difficult as they are.

The bottom line. Its not fun and the rewards (for me) do not feel like I am moving forward.

I see on the horizon a craptacular expac that gives us a costume designer that should have been in release. There is NO new content planned or even hinted at till next year, all of which really make me sad.

Adios folks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have friends to give your money to, why don't you guys make a guild and run the operations yourselves instead of waiting for fleet pugs.

Commendation gear is awful. Why everyone chases that "198" number when an optimized 186 (craftable I should mention) is better is beyond me.

Unless you're rocking full BiS set bonus 192 gear, there's still room for you to progress gear wise. Put together some 8 man runs and get your set bonus pieces. The armoring has a set bonus which should replace ANY 198 armoring(s) you have, and the mods and enhancements, eventhough "only" a 192 rating are far better than any 198 mods and enhancements you have.

TL;DR.. Commendation gear is terrible. Stop chasing that magical 198 number and run the operations in 8 man for those sweet sweet set bonus 192 pieces.

Edited by dbears

- They usually require achievements (I can't join those groups because I don't have any achievements)

- None of my characters are geared to join anyway (my Marauder in mostly 186 is probably the closest: 99+ % accuracy, way too much crit and bad surge)

I've heard level 50 ops are great but can't never get to any of the groups.

- They usually require achievements (I can't join those groups because I don't have any achievements)

- None of my characters are geared to join anyway (my Marauder in mostly 186 is probably the closest: 99+ % accuracy, way too much crit and bad surge)

I've heard level 50 ops are great but can't never get to any of the groups.

Initiative Enhancement 36, buy them off the GTN, craft them yourself or get someone to craft them. They have Accuracy and Power. Replace all your enhancements with these to bring your crit down and bump your accuracy up to 100%. Once you hit 100%, replace the rest with Adept Enhancement 36 (power/surge).

Run some HM 60 FPs to get some 192 gear for armorings/mods.

This is an obvious question. There are none. Prior to the new expac and the nerf to comms there were many Pug 16 man Ops hollering for players.

Now, there are NONE, not one at all. I have at this time cancelled my sub. I will more than likely come back in short order since I do love the game. However I am actively looking for another MMO at this time. I was told to look at Archeage or Guildwars 2. I am an EQ2 fan personally.

If I had 'any' advice my personal one is for the current 16 Man weekly ops, (Temple of Sacrifice and Ravagers) to be really nerfed and have the rewards boosted. It would be nice to have droves of players yelling in Allies LFG DPS or Heals or whatever for 16m TOS. But currently on Ebon Hawk that is simply not going to happen.

Rewards are crap on all Hard Modes and there is actually zero reason to cue up for the lvl 60 ones at this time. I have sent all my cash to friends and will still log in and may sub if the Devs change the current 16m Ops. There should be no reason that 16m Story mode Ops should be as difficult as they are.

The bottom line. Its not fun and the rewards (for me) do not feel like I am moving forward.

I see on the horizon a craptacular expac that gives us a costume designer that should have been in release. There is NO new content planned or even hinted at till next year, all of which really make me sad.

Adios folks!

I could not agree with you more. I hate to see you go, but $ is the only feedback Bioware seems to value. The lack of meaningful rewards for anything else besides the 2 new Ops has killed end game PvE fun. Bioware could fix this today by making all Ops rewarding to do (not excessively, just moderately).

I must be imagining all the people spamming "LFM Ravagers 1t, 2h, 4 dps, must have gear + know tacs" and similar over and over again on the fleet. Hey maybe I'm imagining all the ones advertising creds for cash too!

Is that YOU spamming that? That guy has nobody in his group...it's one guy trying to start it. 2 hours after being online Tuesday night, both my lockouts for the new Ops are done for the week.

Plenty of pugs group forming in The Red Eclipse and Jedi Covenant, not as much in Begeren Colony. Other server I can't say. Lately I am mostly active in Jedi Covenant. I find that Tuesday thru Thursday they are mostly active forming group, on Weekends probably forming ops with there guild mates.

I must be imagining all the people spamming "LFM Ravagers 1t, 2h, 4 dps, must have gear + know tacs" and similar over and over again on the fleet. Hey maybe I'm imagining all the ones advertising creds for cash too!

Plus "must link achievement" :D

I just can't be bothered to do them. I've run Ravagers once, and haven't even gone into the other one. Same with the "new" HM flashpoints.

If the loot rewards were there, or commendation gear was worth chasing down then perhaps I'd reconsider.

I tend to agree with OP.

Remember previous times and there were plenty of forming groups for diffeent operations.

Problem here is threefold:

- There are only 2 new OPs

- There is general fear of "failure" due to bugged fights

- Thare are those "link achievement" guys who simply discourage others who perhaps want to TRY it

I have been to many guild runs and PUG ops before and in general it was so much fun even if we wiped once or twice. I saw jersk and helpful people and in general, you play with normal folks. Jerks happer very rarely. Well, at least on TRE.

But, heck, now it's just impossible to que. It takes forever so then you choose anthing else to do.

Again, there is content for which I am paying to experience and I simply cannot!

If that was BW intention, GREAT IDEA.

make them pay and not allow to play...

There should be no reason that 16m Story mode Ops should be as difficult as they are.

Why shouldn't they be difficult? We should have some challenging content in the end game. The past year, with the 180/186 gear we had prior to the release of version 3.0, the characters skills/abilities were grossly overpowered. Everything, including DF/DP, was easy to run at that point.

Anyone that has played this game for as long as I have remembers when Explosive Conflict and Lost Island(pre nerf on LI) used to force rage quits and high repair bills to try and run, but most Guilds had progression runs and got through them.

Because of this, most of the classes received a nerf when 3.0 was released. It returned the game to where it should have been in terms of class balance. Also, you shouldn't be facerolling new content upon release. You need to learn the mechanics, identify your role in the raid, work as a team and do your job. Most of the new content is being run exclusively among Guilds within their members for just these reasons. Guilds have a tendency to work together to progress in content. I'm guessing you're NOT in a guild or you wouldn't be having this problem.....

Edited by DarknessInLight

I have been to many guild runs and PUG ops before and in general it was so much fun even if we wiped once or twice. I saw jerks and helpful people and in general, you play with normal folks. Jerks happen very rarely. Well, at least on TRE.

There are so many reasons why PUGS usually dont happen until the content is mastered a bit more by the guilds.

1. PUGS have people in them that DO NOT LISTEN.

2. PUGS have people in them that WILL NOT USE OR DOWNLOAD TS, MUMBLE, RAIDCHAT, etc.

3. PUGS have people in them that DO STUPID THINGS, like stand in circles, lose aggro, ignore raid mechanics, etc.,

4. PUGS dont have the trust level Guild runs do. Simple as that.

Why shouldn't they be difficult? We should have some challenging content in the end game. The past year, with the 180/186 gear we had prior to the release of version 3.0, the characters skills/abilities were grossly overpowered. Everything, including DF/DP, was easy to run at that point.

Anyone that has played this game for as long as I have remembers when Explosive Conflict and Lost Island(pre nerf on LI) used to force rage quits and high repair bills to try and run, but most Guilds had progression runs and got through them.

Because of this, most of the classes received a nerf when 3.0 was released. It returned the game to where it should have been in terms of class balance. Also, you shouldn't be facerolling new content upon release. You need to learn the mechanics, identify your role in the raid, work as a team and do your job. Most of the new content is being run exclusively among Guilds within their members for just these reasons. Guilds have a tendency to work together to progress in content. I'm guessing you're NOT in a guild or you wouldn't be having this problem.....

if sm is supposed to be "challenging" to you then I pity you. people that have to be hand held to get challenge are sad. the challenge is to improve your performance so as to make HM/NIM easy for yourself. not to whine until the devs make sm hard for you. there are ways to make any content in this game challenging for yourself. learn to use them. story mode being an annoying PITA does not encourage people to start improving them selves, it encourages them to find something less annoying to do.

Initiative Enhancement 36, buy them off the GTN, craft them yourself or get someone to craft them. They have Accuracy and Power. Replace all your enhancements with these to bring your crit down and bump your accuracy up to 100%. Once you hit 100%, replace the rest with Adept Enhancement 36 (power/surge).

That's the plan. But it's easier to say than done. I have three characters with 500 Archeology but I'm constantly limited by the amount of power crystals and fragments. I don't even craft anything I don't plan to use. Slowly getting there though.

lose aggro

This is one of those things I really have to learn to do properly. Manaan last boss on my Plasmatech Vanguard... There must be something wrong with my game client. When I don't want to tank I can't get rid of threat.

Edited by Halinalle

if sm is supposed to be "challenging" to you then I pity you. people that have to be hand held to get challenge are sad. the challenge is to improve your performance so as to make HM/NIM easy for yourself. not to whine until the devs make sm hard for you. there are ways to make any content in this game challenging for yourself. learn to use them. story mode being an annoying PITA does not encourage people to start improving them selves, it encourages them to find something less annoying to do.

When SM raids first get released, they SHOULD be difficult until you learn to run them. That's how you practice for the HM versions. I understand what you are saying, but people should develop their raiding skills by running 4m Flashpoints before they start running full blown 16m raids. For example I see so many dps stepping in circles when told not to, etc., That's a basic "No-no" when it comes to MMO raiding. Period.

Besides, shouldn't you earn the Ultimate Comms when they are offered as rewards? One of the biggest issues I noticed before 3.0 is that people were farming the hell out of level 55 SM Ops(TFB and S/V mainly) to get Ultimate Comms, bypassing the HM/NiM variants.

When SM raids first get released, they SHOULD be difficult until you learn to run them. That's how you practice for the HM versions. I understand what you are saying, but people should develop their raiding skills by running 4m Flashpoints before they start running full blown 16m raids. For example I see so many dps stepping in circles when told not to, etc., That's a basic "No-no" when it comes to MMO raiding. Period.

[...].

At the moment, people LFM by either adding "know tacts" (best case) or "link achievements" (worst case). And that is for SM operations. That's like those job listings that go "looking for young, dynamic assistant with twenty years of work experience".

I'm pretty sure, most of the people who would like to do the new ops had their share of ops runs with level 50 and level 55 ops. They know their role and their rotations. But new ops require new learning. If I know how to heal through HM DP it still won't help me to find a group for SM Rav/ToS if they want an achievement that I don't have.

As it is now, they aren't difficult for those not in guilds (or those not part of raid groups). They are simply not an option, because they don't get invited.

No achievement -> no ops run. No ops run -> no achievement.

no worries, I think i will start creating my own PUGs calling: LFG Ravagers SM, "NO achievement" required.

Ofc, there IS an absolute minimun like 186 gear.

Guides are up, so, what's the problem?

I hope you do! I'd join it if I could because I respect players like you who aren't afraid to help others out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.