F2P vs Subscription

Glorthox

I am getting to the point where I merely log in just to do daily black hole on 5 toons and check professions and log out. There is nothing really to do. Would love to do HM flashpoints, but waiting over an hour just to run one, isn't fun at all. So that just tells me that there are more F2P people than subscribers. F2P'ers only get a set amount of flashpoints they can run in a week, whereas subscribers can run them endlessly. So if EAware doesn't really care no more, then why not give F2P'ers the ability to run Hm's and Warzones endlessly? I will always be a subscriber, because I love and support the game. But there needs to be more endgame content so that everyone benefits, otherwise, your loyal subscribers will start to question, "Why subscribe".

Black Hole dailies? Did I step through a time vortex back to 2012?

No you did not because a lot of people still run these because doing the weekly is an easy 40ish basic comms that you can use to gear other characters or even your character if you are running them while 50-60. Another great thing is its and easy 200k that takes maybe 30 min at level 60 if you are a slow killer, Just running Torvix yields 75-100k if you loot all the enemies and sell the junk.

No you did not because a lot of people still run these because doing the weekly is an easy 40ish basic comms that you can use to gear other characters or even your character if you are running them while 50-60. Another great thing is its and easy 200k that takes maybe 30 min at level 60 if you are a slow killer, Just running Torvix yields 75-100k if you loot all the enemies and sell the junk.

Cool, I learned something today. I didn't think anyone did the old daily areas anymore.

What is the XP rate formula?

a) F2P = Prefered < Sub

b) F2P < Prefered = Sub

c) F2P < Prefered < Sub

I finished SoR with pref and sub. I was 58,5 level when Ive done all side quests and everything on Rishi and Yavin 4 as pref. Now as a sub, Im starting Rishi at lvl 57(after the solo mode FPs) and I even dont need to go to Yavin 4, not to mention that Im doing only the class missions and skip dailies and side quests. (without dubel eggs pee)

Edited by iankalo

Black Hole dailies? Did I step through a time vortex back to 2012?

Funny, I was shocked as well but Black Hole Dailies pay out more credits (with far far far less time invested) then the entire CZ weekly or even Oricon.

I still have Black Hole in my weekly rotations for exactly 2 reasons

1) I can make 120-150k credits (no idea why other guy so low in his amount as I never come out under 120k for a weekly run) in under 25 minutes solo (complete run)

2) Great place to pick up grade 6 metal for conquest crafting

Black Hole is still very worth while to do

I know once I have companion weapons and gear from Yavin I will remove Yavin from my weekly rotation and do Black Hole and Section X instead.

Time vrs reward ratio completely favors BH and SX over the 60 content

Edited by Kalfear

Not sure if I ever want to tank again with all the lag and UI problems in the game. I am in a guild, to the guy that said I need one. I don't like relying on others to do things, but HM's are a necessary evil. Waiting an hour and a half to run maybe one, depending on which it is, isn't fun. So I literally run black hole on 5 toons, check professions, sell things on GTN and log out. If the HM queues weren't so horrid, I would be doing those. But I have a feeling that 80% of players are F2P and among those 80% are just here for PVP and nothing else.

Cool, I learned something today. I didn't think anyone did the old daily areas anymore.

I run them with a friend of mine, out of nostalgia, every so often.

That includes a couple of times post-SoR.

What makes them enjoyable still is the fact they change, depending on your faction. Ever since CZ-198 was released, every single daily is basically 99% identical for each faction.

A shame really.

...want to get more flashpoints pop faster, run a tank, after first few runs you'll realize why tanks don't tank outside of guilds.

/thread

I run a tank...guildless! Really my favorite thing to do is FP's so I rolled a new tank thinking 'insta-pop'...well...not exactly...but it is quicker than dps that's for sure.

I don't play endgame, but tanking thru gf for regular FP's isn't as bad as people think. I relish the challenge.

Funny, I was shocked as well but Black Hole Dailies pay out more credits (with far far far less time invested) then the entire CZ weekly or even Oricon.

1) I can make 120-150k credits (no idea why other guy so low in his amount as I never come out under 120k for a weekly run) in under 25 minutes solo (complete run)

I know once I have companion weapons and gear from Yavin I will remove Yavin from my weekly rotation and do Black Hole and Section X instead.

I'd not thought of this! When I do bother to do dailies, I've been doing the ones on Yavin. But seems like a better option,and THIS just reminded me I that I never did finish the dreadmasters storyline....:eek:

This has been the case since before GSF came out... The only difference now is at LVL 60 you can do it faster and also do the heroic in BH by yourself... It's a shame you need multiple people to open stupid doors to do the SecX one or you could do that too

BH = 11min investment

SecX = 13min investment

This has been the case since before GSF came out... The only difference now is at LVL 60 you can do it faster and also do the heroic in BH by yourself... It's a shame you need multiple people to open stupid doors to do the SecX one or you could do that too

BH = 11min investment

SecX = 13min investment

heheh well to be honest I been soloing CTS (rep) and EoT (imp) since max level was 50 so the solo portion not new to me

but your correct its faster now as level 60

and your time for BH is correct as well if you dont stop to collect metal and kill extra droids for metal and what not

Takes me 25ish minutes because I make sure the characters doing BH can gather the metal for use in conquest crafting

But Id like to time you on the 13 minutes section X claim cause that one doesn't jive. (its still fast to do but realistically your looking at 30 minutes to do everything. Possibly longer if you end up waiting for button pushers for Long Shots/Arrora Cannon H4)

I've cruised through sec x in 15 or possibly less but that was with another player, making 2 players/ 2comps... killed the whole heroic while waiting for button pushers then at the end bam.. done.. Solo it usually took me about 20min to get through all the dailies, another 45 to find 4 for the heroic, so once rep was maxed never went back..

BH is the best bang for your buck (or credits rather...) but it's still a measly amount compared to other places in game now... get a nice DPS with a geared healer, get slicing to 500, go to yavin, farm.... never calculated because theres almost always others there but, in an empty instance my guess is probably 750k-1mil per hour... repeat with more DPS toons or stealthers... then when bored, get a bio/scav toon and do some more... when your eyes are bleeding... go sell it all, go to bed... wake up with a 3 mil credit pocket book... (or better yet, craft mk-10 kits and wake up to 5mil...)

To the OP... someone else said it.. if you REALLY ARE concerned with the 15 dollar fee to get sub benefits, pay for one month, make a TON of credits, purchase all the unlocks you will actually want after sub is up, then just play as pref... you can unlock almost all the benefits other than like the xp diff, the credit cap, anddd idk i can't think of anything else you can't get as pref that you get as sub...