Returning player looking for guild (either faction)

Grellk

Hi all!

I am looking for a fun, mature, active guild that participates in both PVE and PVP fun together. I am looking to explore all that this game has to offer and so will want to be doing the higher end raids (operations?) when I get to that level. If it matters I am currently subscribed and have the latest expansion.

I will be starting my character from the beginning as I have long since forgotten how to play any of my older characters so I feel it would be best to learn by going through the paces again.

As such, I am less interested in which faction I play for, or which class. I will build the character that your guild needs. I would much rather be an active participant in a guilds activity than be sidelined because "we already have too many of <X> class".

Quality of the people in the guild is far more important to me than the role that I play, although I have filled every role in other games (tank, heals, dps).

I am keenly interested in endgame fun as well as PVP so a guild that has experience in both would be ideal.

Edited by Grellk

Hi all!

I am looking for a fun, mature, active guild that participates in both PVE and PVP fun together. I am looking to explore all that this game has to offer and so will want to be doing the higher end raids (operations?) when I get to that level. If it matters I am currently subscribed and have the latest expansion.

I will be starting my character from the beginning as I have long since forgotten how to play any of my older characters so I feel it would be best to learn by going through the paces again.

As such, I am less interested in which faction I play for, or which class. I will build the character that your guild needs. I would much rather be an active participant in a guilds activity than be sidelined because "we already have too many of <X> class".

Quality of the people in the guild is far more important to me than the role that I play, although I have filled every role in other games (tank, heals, dps).

I am keenly interested in endgame fun as well as PVP so a guild that has experience in both would be ideal.

Right now, sadly, imps have no organized, mature, good guilds that PVE and PVP. Lots of PVE guilds, sure. But, PVP? All the serious good guilds that did PVP like Postmortem, Guerrilla, etc. have left and gone to other servers. You should roll a pub. Save yourself the trouble of finding emptiness impside!

IMO, level up, get to fleet and do some warzones. You will see what guilds group and do things together. Pick smartly, and understand exactly what they expect from you before you join them. Good Luck!

Thank you for responding.

Is the solo side of PVP viable on the IMP faction? As long as I can have some PVP fun, it doesnt need to be organized as long as it isnt a complete slaughter.

Depends what you want. You want ranked? Atm imps are terrible. On a whole, ranked is not flourishing on this server, solo do queue but obviously no one seems to do "group" ranked.

If you are looking to just queue for fun and you aren't too serious about pvp, you probably would be fine on imp side. I am talking about 60 lvl pvp, ofc.

Pubs have established guilds who have been around for a long while, and have maintained some success in the game too. Backrocket Bastards do RP, PVP, PVE. The Core has respect of the community too. Both of these pub guilds are successful and have good people in them.

I never been in either of these guilds, but over the past year I have had many interactions in chat or warzones with them and I have nothing bad to say about either guild. The players are respectful and friendly. They are not zerg guilds, you will have to build a rapport with them and do an app I am sure.

Honestly, I am not even sure they are recruiting, but those two guilds come to mind when it comes to quality. I think if you want stability these two guilds offer that.

And thank you once again! I appreciate the tips.

Are there no similar guilds on the Imp side? I know this is silly but I prefer underdog scenarios rather than walk into something handed to me. Are there no long-standing Imp guilds?

And I am not too serious about PVP, it is more of a distraction but I do enjoy doing it. I honestly cant say that I can state the difference between ranked and unranked pvp at this point so it doesnt really matter to me at this time.

Are there no similar guilds on the Imp side? I know this is silly but I prefer underdog scenarios rather than walk into something handed to me. Are there no long-standing Imp guilds?

And I am not too serious about PVP, it is more of a distraction but I do enjoy doing it. I honestly cant say that I can state the difference between ranked and unranked pvp at this point so it doesnt really matter to me at this time.

This is the irony of the server. There are more imps on this server than pubs, pubs is the smaller team. A year ago, imps had many PVP guilds, and they dominated the server. About 6 months ago, imp guilds started to fall apart, many of the successful pvp guilds went to other games, other servers etc.

The pub guilds I mentioned, they never left. They stayed. They always stayed relevant too, even if they had a much smaller population, on the pub side and in these guilds. These guilds are not large guilds.

Even now, Imp side is more populated. Just log in to fleet on imp side, and fleet on republic side you will see that imps have more players online on this server.

The fact is, pubs have more organization with the few guilds they have had for ages on this server, while the pvp guilds imps had left.

Anyway, "underdog" could be either faction depending what you mean. Warzones still pop a lot with imp vs imp in lowbies, which tells me that imp team is definitely larger and queing more.

I don't know how much imp vs imp occurs in 60s atm as I have not been active in the warzones for a month or so. I can gather a lot though judging from posts on forums and seeing chat on fleet. That gives me a good idea how 60s pvp is going for imps in 60s. Not good atm.

Yeah, ranked will probably change by the time you get there. The server might even change, it doesn't take long for the scene to change. I see lots of imp zerg guilds on fleet. Tons. But, to give you the name of a quality imp guild, I can't atm. maybe someone else could, if you want to be an imp. I play imp myself, atm. I just like the animations and class aesthetics more for the imperials.

To the OP, most of the players are helpful and cordial on this server, but you do have some trolls that come out and harass gamers who are just looking to have fun. Don't let the trolls get you down.

Speaking of trolls... BDV. I took a break, and you will be happy to know, I have decided to come back! I have a lowbie marauder now, and so far it's been great. Can't wait to get to mids! Maybe we can group sometime!

Edited by Lhancelot

To the OP, most of the players are helpful and cordial on this server, but you do have some trolls that come out and harass gamers who are just looking to have fun. Don't let the trolls get you down.

Speaking of trolls... BDV. I took a break, and you will be happy to know, I have decided to come back! I have a lowbie marauder now, and so far it's been great. Can't wait to get to mids! Maybe we can group sometime!

More threads dedicating yourself to fixing Imp PVP pls.

You can try looking at the Faction Guild listings. the Imperial Army is an RP-PVE guild but we are currently organizing a regular PVP night because a few of our members want to get into that content. We certainly wouldn't be considered hardcore PVPers, but its a good bunch of guys n girls. If you are interested check out our page.

ImperialArmy.info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.