Ranked participation (or lack of)

Lhancelot

I just checked the Leaderboards for ranked participation on these servers.

Bastion

Solo 1025

Group 112

POT5

Solo 774

Group 94

Harbinger

Solo 736

Group 42

Taken from Blissdivine's Thread on PVP section. Thought you Ebon Hawker's would find this interesting!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest of the US servers.

Jung Ma

solo 400

group 41

Jedi Covenant

solo 497

group 104

Shadowlands

solo 485

group 51

Begeren Colony

solo 231

group 22

Ebon Hawk

solo 418

group 0

[EDITED TO REMOVE TROLL COMMENT]

GG The Ebon hawk. GG. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lhancelot

That number is shocking.

But I'm not sure why you care, given you don't even play anymore.

Awww. Don't have sour grapes, bro! But. I have to wonder, why you care, that I care, given that I don't even play anymore! That being said. I have some good news to share with you, bro that cares that I care!

Yes! I have created a new marauder, and will be hitting the warzones on The Ebon Hawk! I also will create a new sin, and I will compare my pvp experiences on both!

Here's hoping that this little bit of good news I bring you Ebon Hawkers brightens your day. I know it sure has brightened mine. Broken PVP and all, I still love this darn game!

:eek: Well that is pretty... Sad. Even the other RP-only server did group ranked >.> yet have half the solo ranked (but hey at least that proves no one is win-trading amirite?? (but I guess it'd be hard to win-trade and get away with it cuz the evidence would be RIGHT THERE))

Anyway, people probably just don't want to risk their team ranked rating to fall, though, if enough teams queued, the ratings would probably balance out a bit. Although there will be some groups with bad rating, at least they tried... If people are not going to queue team ranked at all, nobody will get any better at it. Unless they're secretly doing team ranked on another server or MMO, they are not... It is different from 8v8 where objectives matter and half the team is *usually* not in the same TS. People can hate all they want, but if the haters themselves didn't do any team ranked... What can they say about themselves...:tran_frown:

TBH I think part of the whole issue =_= with PvP is the FOTM imbalance crap (not everybody mains or wants to main a sin, pt, or sorc :eek:), and they should bring 8v8 back so ranked doesn't just have to be a death match to see who can kill who faster and better... But that is all stuff that people who play this game cannot control...:jawa_mad:

:eek: Well that is pretty... Sad. Even the other RP-only server did group ranked >.> yet have half the solo ranked (but hey at least that proves no one is win-trading amirite?? (but I guess it'd be hard to win-trade and get away with it cuz the evidence would be RIGHT THERE))

Anyway, people probably just don't want to risk their team ranked rating to fall, though, if enough teams queued, the ratings would probably balance out a bit. Although there will be some groups with bad rating, at least they tried... If people are not going to queue team ranked at all, nobody will get any better at it. Unless they're secretly doing team ranked on another server or MMO, they are not... It is different from 8v8 where objectives matter and half the team is *usually* not in the same TS. People can hate all they want, but if the haters themselves didn't do any team ranked... What can they say about themselves...:tran_frown:

TBH I think part of the whole issue =_= with PvP is the FOTM imbalance crap (not everybody mains or wants to main a sin, pt, or sorc :eek:), and they should bring 8v8 back so ranked doesn't just have to be a death match to see who can kill who faster and better... But that is all stuff that people who play this game cannot control...:jawa_mad:

Yeah I agree with the FOTM part. Honestly, I wish they would just try 8v8 ranked. It might garner more people queing for ranked, as it opens the doors for ALL classes to be effective in ranked.

If BW/Devs cannot balance the classes in 4v4 arenas, then it's not fair that 5 other classes are at a huge disadvantage when trying to compete in that style of ranked battle.

4v4 is great for 3 classes. The statistics show this. Open up ranked for the other 5 classes by making 8v8. The myth of ranked queues taking longer if it were 8v8, is just that. A myth. Ranked 8v8 worked when it was in effect.

As it stands, is 4v4 popping often? Is it fun for all classes? TEH pvpers do not even queue for grouped rank pvp! So, waiting for a queue for the players on this server would be even less of a wait seeing they all queue solo anyways, if ALL classes queued and enjoyed ranked pvp. No one can tell me, that every class equally queues as often for yolo ranked. They'd be lying if they said it.

Burandii hit it point blank right on the head. Too many folks rolling fotm, which is unfortunate for some who have actually played those since day 1 and so it's their legitimate main. I have seen way too ranked matches where it's 4 hatred sins versus 4 ap PTs and crap like that. Seen a bunch of full groups of sorcs/sages running around as well.

I love healing, it's what I have always mained in pvp (raiding too vbut regardless), it is very difficult to get a healer pop in yolo because few healers stand any chance of not just getting utterly globalled against 4 ap PTs so they just don't queue.

No faults or anything; it is what it is. Bioware has destroyed gameplay to the point where yolo ranked has been dumbed down to essentially 3 damage classes duking it out. Fix the classes that are broken, balance some of the specs that are out to lunch and bring back 8v8 and then ranked may have some chance at surviving. This won't happen though so take it or leave it I guess. My favourite classes are a mess but I have come to just ignore all that, I enjoy my great moments when they happen, lick my wounds when I tet obliterated and just keep on rolling because I still do enjoy this game very much( crazy but true)

As for group ranked, or lack there of, not sure about that one. The only thing I have seen work a bit is back when TST were posting dedicated group ranked nights for the server, which did provoke some group play. For newer groups and guilds trying it though that have little experience, if they get wrecked by some fotm group every time they queue,they won't be queuing long so keep that in mind.

Burandii hit it point blank right on the head. Too many folks rolling fotm, which is unfortunate for some who have actually played those since day 1 and so it's their legitimate main. I have seen way too ranked matches where it's 4 hatred sins versus 4 ap PTs and crap like that. Seen a bunch of full groups of sorcs/sages running around as well.

I love healing, it's what I have always mained in pvp (raiding too vbut regardless), it is very difficult to get a healer pop in yolo because few healers stand any chance of not just getting utterly globalled against 4 ap PTs so they just don't queue.

No faults or anything; it is what it is. Bioware has destroyed gameplay to the point where yolo ranked has been dumbed down to essentially 3 damage classes duking it out. Fix the classes that are broken, balance some of the specs that are out to lunch and bring back 8v8 and then ranked may have some chance at surviving. This won't happen though so take it or leave it I guess. My favourite classes are a mess but I have come to just ignore all that, I enjoy my great moments when they happen, lick my wounds when I tet obliterated and just keep on rolling because I still do enjoy this game very much( crazy but true)

As for group ranked, or lack there of, not sure about that one. The only thing I have seen work a bit is back when TST were posting dedicated group ranked nights for the server, which did provoke some group play. For newer groups and guilds trying it though that have little experience, if they get wrecked by some fotm group every time they queue,they won't be queuing long so keep that in mind.

I'll q yolos on my commando m8.

And from the matches I've had.... looks like I'll beat Crinn's rating on that toon too. :rak_04:

Edited by GrizzMeshurik

I fail to see how fotm has anything to do with group ranked, and I don't see why "people are afraid to lose rating in group" when nobody has a rating because all ratings are wiped at the beginning of season.

It has to do with having a good group comp and a consistent group of players that are always available when there is grouped ranked happening. Comps make matches and if there are only 2-3 teams queueing you end up at the mercy of the comps you're facing. I would also preface... It's week 2, ranked will pick-up.

It has to do with having a good group comp and a consistent group of players that are always available when there is grouped ranked happening. Comps make matches and if there are only 2-3 teams queueing you end up at the mercy of the comps you're facing. I would also preface... It's week 2, ranked will pick-up.

Comps is nothing but a excuse. People keep saying "its all sorcs, sins, and PTs!" No guys that's solo ranked. In group the only real "OP" comp is Hatred comps and Snipers comps. But nobody on this server has run double hatred and I have yet to see a sniper in 4s since I came to this server, so I don't get what people are complaining about.

Comps is nothing but a excuse. People keep saying "its all sorcs, sins, and PTs!" No guys that's solo ranked. In group the only real "OP" comp is Hatred comps and Snipers comps. But nobody on this server has run double hatred and I have yet to see a sniper in 4s since I came to this server, so I don't get what people are complaining about.

Fair enough Crinn. As I stated in my post I'm not sure what the problem is with group ranked. I was mainly speaking to the broken yolo queue. Double XP weekend played a part this weekend for sure. So many folks all hiring for group ranked preseason; very surprised that none have been played. Hopefully it picks up or this server could lose s bunch more key players to more active servers

Edited by Briggleworth

Fair enough Crinn. As I stated in my post I'm not sure what the problem is with group ranked. I was mainly speaking to the broken yolo queue. Double XP weekend played a part this weekend for sure. So many folks all hiring for group ranked preseason; very surprised that none have been played. Hopefully it picks up or this server could lose s bunch more key players to more active servers

Most have just been busy. There was double exp over the weekend, which meant that Thursday was really the only day last week where ranked was up and people were not leveling. I know for my guild and several others, we have every intention of doing group ranked this season, even if it comes down to us and one other team, or in-house ranked. So that our server didn't field a ranked team in the 5 days since ranked launched is not cause for worry. Viking's gif encapsulates my feeling on the matter.

So are you saying that if I can only field 2 dps operatives that I can be competitive in group ranked?

The last time I tried doing group ranked with my group (which has been a while as our main healer for ranked has been away from the game since November or so), it was dominated by double Hatred (Madness at the time) comps. Saying nobody on this server has run double Hatred is silly since as evidenced nobody on this server has even run group ranked since the season started.

But people aren't dumb, they will play what wins games, and double hatred wins, look at the leaderboards, the only AC's with top 5 of over 1500 are Assassins and Powertechs (in group ranked).

Need more evidence? You need to go to the 44th Assassin to see someone below 1300. By comparison, you need to go to the 18th Jugg, 6th Marauder, 40th Sorc, 37th Powertech, 14th Mercenary, 18th Sniper, and 13th Operative to see someone below 1300.

Coincidentally, this lines up with exactly what the perception of the most overpowered classes is right now. Sure, in group ranked there are more ways to counter the great classes and different things you can try that won't work in a solo setting where its every man for himself, but that doesn't mean you're not putting yourself at a disadvantage. We can either conclude that somehow Powertech and Assassin players (and Sorc) just happen to be better than all others... or the classes themselves are better suited for deathmatch games.

That's not to say you can't still queue up and give it a go knowing you're at a disadvantage. But let's not pretend like that disadvantage doesn't exist, it definitely does, and PT/Vanguard belongs in that group even for group ranked, as tank/heal mitigates their lack of a true god mode cooldown, and they still have the hardest hitting burst in the game bar none until Shoulder Cannon is nerfed.

I fail to see how fotm has anything to do with group ranked, and I don't see why "people are afraid to lose rating in group" when nobody has a rating because all ratings are wiped at the beginning of season.

:rolleyes: Every server except TEH has done at least some group ranked. There must be *some* reason nobody is doing team ranked.

FoTM has more to do with solo ranked than grouped (FoTM is an issue in some aspects of team ranked, as u said there r 'em hatred comps but I am mainly referring to solo ranked and regs cuz as much as nobody cares about regs, it sucks to go against a bunch of lightning sorcs or AP PTs unless your tank(s) and healer(s) is/are gewddd (IF YOU EVEN HAVE ANY)). People are not queuing team ranked for sommmmeeee reason. I know people who have asked around, but they said everyone they asked had excuses... And having *no* rating is better than having a like, 900 rating, because no rating isn't evidence towards someones good/badness (but it is suspicious if you r pvpr n talk the talk), while having a bad rating much more questionable. That is why people say that solo queue doesn't matter, which is doesn't because of all the rng and FoTMness, but it does...If you want titles, rewards, or some sense of glory from season 4 and nobody will do team ranked, well, what are you gonna do? Reroll ~_~ dat fotm class, or hope your main class is fotm.

Of course people are afraid of their rating plummeting and looking bad :rolleyes: Why else do people reroll FoTM then do a bunch of solo-queue and be arrogant and get 'em lovely rating and think they r bestness? Those people who don't ever play non-FoTM, what do they know? They can be arrogant and do well in ranked solos, but in team ranked, it's a more even playing field and takes some exp and coordination in team ranked itself... Of course, they can be good at team ranked... But why will they not play team ranked... Where it actually *matters* or "means something?" Even BC has something to show for it while TEH has absolutely NOTHING (at least for now...?) (TEH also have double their solos so...).

((Especially if people are "solo-grouping" or win-trading :jawa_mad: they just care about getting rating without being competitive when there is an option to queue team ranked against other teams but obviously don't want to risk their rating, OR they just want to feel like they r better than everyone else and dat epeen >.> who doesn't love to be OP and rek?))

So since no one is doing team ranked, people look to solo for some competitiveness or freestuffpl0x, but solo is sucky if you r not OP or get focused or your team is bad or whateverz. So for those who can't get team ranked, the balancing mess becomes the overall issue... Which it is =_= unless they decided to remove solo queue.

If 8v8s were available as at least an option, it would be a more fair playing field because like, NOBODY likes to be the focus and globaled because of the insane damage/burst of the enemy classes. 8v8s have objective play, so it isn't all about dat dmg... Sorcs have their bubble so they almost can't be globaled (unless they don't use it/don't use it in time or literally instantly die) while PT are the ones who do the globaling, and assassins can just dot and run away.

The last time I tried doing group ranked with my group (which has been a while as our main healer for ranked has been away from the game since November or so), it was dominated by double Hatred (Madness at the time) comps. Saying nobody on this server has run double Hatred is silly since as evidenced nobody on this server has even run group ranked since the season started.

You seem to be forgetting about the matches during preseason.

But people aren't dumb, they will play what wins games, and double hatred wins, look at the leaderboards, the only AC's with top 5 of over 1500 are Assassins and Powertechs (in group ranked).

Top five is a terrible metric, you can't make judgments on something as overarching as class balance from five people. That's like trying to define what makes a good athlete by looking at five athletes.

Also the thing you have account for with global leaderboards is that the people on top of them are the people do everything in their power to play their rating, so yes they run fotms, and they queue dodge, and play on the high ranked pop servers.

Those people aren't on this server, nearly all of the group ranked ready players I have met on this server are all maining the class they mained in season 1. You keep making points based on people who have no bearing on Ebon Hawk.

Besides solo ranked is way more class dependent than group will ever be, and yet nobody has a issue queueing solos.

As and aside I'm willing to bet the PTs at the top of the group ranked leaderboard are tanks.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Kitty :eek:

I think... SWTOR needs more people :t_frown:

You know what this server needs?

Rivalries. We need guilds to start ****talkin each other and queuing up to prove it, haha. Even then, that would only last for a week tops.

:eek: I think TEH should stay chill and not become a toxic hatefest >.> I've heard stuff about other servers and... The hate is strong... Maybe that is TEH's problem... Not enough hate... :mad::(

You seem to be forgetting about the matches during preseason.

You mean where rating doesn't count, and people experiment with things they'd never use when ti does count? Yes, you're right.

Top five is a terrible metric, you can't make judgments on something as overarching as class balance from five people. That's like trying to define what makes a good athlete by looking at five athletes.

That's why I also included where each class fell below 1300 (which I think is a fair measurement of strength of class). Which goes well beyond top 5, although not much in the case of Marauders, which everyone can universally agree are in a terrible spot right now.

Also the thing you have account for with global leaderboards is that the people on top of them are the people do everything in their power to play their rating, so yes they run fotms, and they queue dodge, and play on the high ranked pop servers.

Those people aren't on this server, nearly all of the group ranked ready players I have met on this server are all maining the class they mained in season 1. You keep making points based on people who have no bearing on Ebon Hawk.

You say they aren't on this server, but were you participating in group ranked in previous seasons on this server? I was, and I can tell you that fotm comps, queue dodging etc were all present here in the past when the seasons were actually going on. IIRC you said yourself you only transferred here sometime in the last year. But yes, people played double Madness here in season 3, they played Veng Juggs/Pyro PT's at first and more Madness Sins/Sorcs later in season 2, they played double smash in season 1, etc, it might not have been as prevalent on other servers but it definitely happened plenty. I don't have a problem with it, you do what you have to do to win given the tools available, but it's definitely something that all servers have to deal with.

Besides solo ranked is way more class dependent than group will ever be, and yet nobody has a issue queueing solos.

My point was never that fotm is the only thing keeping people from doing grouped, rather that its a factor in both game modes. More people queue solo because of 2 reasons. One, you don't need a tank or healer for pops. Two, if you feel one team is clearly better than yours, you don't have to keep playing them, the teams are shaken up every game.

As and aside I'm willing to bet the PTs at the top of the group ranked leaderboard are tanks.

You say that but I've seen you also say numerous times that PT tanks are in the worst spot of the 3, so which is it? Personally, I'd guess that the Assassins are an even mix of tank and DPS, and the PT's are mostly AP, but that's just my guess, as I know Assassin tanks are in a very strong position in PvP right now.

Edited by wadecounty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.