Mercenary - Innovative ordnance (dot spec) and Alacrity

PrivateerArris

Several items in Eliminator pvp-set already with alacrity enchachments and at this moment I have 5.30% alacrity (252 pure rating + 2% companion buff)

Do I need alacrity for this spec? Or maybe replace these modifications (power,surge,etc)?

Edited by PrivateerArris

Several items in Eliminator pvp-set already with alacrity enchachments and at this moment I have 5.30% alacrity (252 pure rating + 2% companion buff)

Do I need alacrity for this spec? Or maybe replace these modifications (power,surge,etc)?

Before saying anything else, that 2% does not come from your companion buff, but it is hidden somewhere in your skill tree.

Alacrity makes your activation and channel times shorter, shortens your cooldowns, including your global cooldown, makes your energy recharge faster and your dots tick faster. Especially for dot specs it is good, but it's hard to say how good exactly in comparison to e.g. surge and power (it's hard to summarise it in numbers).

Unlike critical rating and surge, I believe that alacrity does not or barely have a hard cap when you get high numbers, so by stacking surge, in the end those surge points will do very little, while this problem plays less with alacrity.

On my IO merc, I just keep the alacrity on my Eliminator set, but I'm not trying to get it as high as possible either (but I'm not very fond of the whole min/maxing troubles). I'd say it wouldn't hurt, especially if your surge already is high because of the cap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.