Concerns

LordBeeDoO

Hi all, last months the forum was overwhelmed with repeating and sometimes crazy discussions (kill exploiters, exploiters are good EA is bad, slot machine ... slot machine again, more slot machines) I feel many topics are not mentioned much, but being more serious for normal gameplay. I will try to summarise what concerns me, my opinions and points.

First some things mentioned often ...

1) UI fps problems

This is mentioned from time to time, there is thread also recently, but anyway this is critical - my guildie has so much lag on Underlurker fight that he even cannot move and before 3.0 he was running game on HIGH with no problems in 16m - turning off the UI completely improves fps, but how the hell can one fight without UI ? :-)

2) Boss progression imbalance + melee unfriendly

ToS SM Underlurker with annoying adds making fps unplayable for some people and following faceroll too easy fights if you are not killed by stairs at Revan (2 players fell through texture of stairs), crazy Torque 16 SM, Blood Hunt first boss HM, Torque 8 SM total primitive fight. Bonus boss at Koffiban FP vs. Manaan FP.

Genreally HM FPs (manaan, tython, blood hunt, battle of rishi) are more difficult than SM Ravagers - in time for one Rav 8 SM you can catch 2 HM FPs if you are extremely lucky and you get few elites out of it and massassi crap.

I am tank, healer or rdps so I do not care much about mdps but most fights are extremely unfriendly for melees, much more than in beforehand ops.

3) Lack of challenging 4 man content

Many flashpoints are nice, have nice mechanic, and would deserve nightmare versions. This mentioned so many times and so many places ... It is a pity.. Some bonus bosses now are nice step forward but more would be great ...

4) Ranked pvp que and concept

It is clear, i do not want to talk about it much. I personally think that concept: no pvp gear very bad - pvp for one comms good - pvp for second comms better - does not work especially on PVE servers - the concept of free basic PVP set available to everybody and make it mandatory to wear and one better PVP set would work better. Then it might be possible to make all pvp ranked - and then create leagues based on rating, but who knows...

Some thing not mentioned so often ...

5) Abandoned good concpets - Matrix cube

Do you remeber what it is ? wasnt it great to assemble your own relic ? It is totally abandoned concept now ... It would be great to bring in a new matrix cube (equivalent to 192 relic maybe ? what would it hurt) It would draw people again to gather matrix shards and choose new relics...

Macrobinocular and Seeker droids missions - now only rarely done - and the final quests are interesting and fun enough to be transformed into FPs .. it is a pity they are lost and not repeatable.

6) Abandoned conquest and guildship and strongholds

Yes we have guildship, conquests, strongholds ... but for what ? For some guild it is good farm for mats that is all. Quite places, no interaction.

Since start I have seen no world pvp based on commanders (maybe in first month not any more) - only farming. How about some table available on imperial fleet where you would see commanders under attack with possibility to teleport there and react quicker (for limited number of people) ? Or commander guarding qeue ?

Guildship is nice, but it brings nearly no advantage. How about unlocking features based on unlocking guildship ? Like mission terminals, transport shuttles to planets all over the galaxy, bonus to crafting speed for guild members (a little) ? Make it worth building a flagship, make it interesting to people.

Personal stronghold - totally quit, you have bonus to conquest, that is all - bring them also some utility, special crafting missions based on decoration mixture, bonus to presence (no influence on balance but can help in daily areas)

7) Manaan - hell where there will be something more ? it is just one questing area ? come on ! :-D

Well these are just things coming to my mind now. Thx for reading, GL HF.

If they do not re evaluate PVP,it's is going to hurt this game even more when Dice's new star wars game comes out this year and more info on the new open world star wars game visceral is working on comes out as well.

People do not want to gang fight and call it PVP. Also this whole expertise mess in order to PVP or this whole having to have PVP gear,the way they have gone about it is a mess and dumb.

I'm all for removing PVP gear and expertise from the game period.

Having to do two Gear Grinds ,one for PVE and one for PVP just seems counter productive.

Let me ask every one here......Who remembers anybody from any star wars movie or story line or book having to change armors/weapons because he or she was PVPing or PVEing?

As you can tell I don't like the PVP system in this game.It is why I do not participate in it at all.

...I will try to summarise what concerns me, my opinions and points.

2) Boss progression imbalance + melee unfriendly

...Blood Hunt first boss HM...Bonus boss at Koffiban FP vs. Manaan FP.

Genreally HM FPs (manaan, tython, blood hunt, battle of rishi) are more difficult than SM Ravagers - in time for one Rav 8 SM you can catch 2 HM FPs if you are extremely lucky and you get few elites out of it and massassi crap.

3) Lack of challenging 4 man content

Many flashpoints are nice, have nice mechanic, and would deserve nightmare versions. This mentioned so many times and so many places ... It is a pity.. Some bonus bosses now are nice step forward but more would be great ...

So which is it? The first boss of Blood Hunt HM and the Manaan bonus boss are too hard, or there's a lack of challenging four-man content?

You ask for nightmare versions of flashpoints, but then complain about the above two bosses being too hard. That makes no sense. The first boss of Blood Hunt HM is at an appropriate HM standard (i.e. a straight-forward clear for players who know the mechanics and can execute well). It is not tuned to the challenge that a "nightmare" version should present (i.e. barely clearable with perfect play).

Edited by Levram

Not really a PvPer (other than casual), but I do think you raised some valid points. More 4 person group content would be great, making Manaan more than a flashpoint would be even more wonderful (how about some dailies there?), and I'd *love* to see our color shards mean something again to create a Relic that has value at level 60.

So which is it? The first boss of Blood Hunt HM and the Manaan bonus boss are too hard, or there's a lack of challenging four-man content?

You ask for nightmare versions of flashpoints, but then complain about the above two bosses being too hard. That makes no sense. The first boss of Blood Hunt HM is at an appropriate HM standard (i.e. a straight-forward clear for players who know the mechanics and can execute well). It is not tuned to the challenge that a "nightmare" version should present (i.e. barely clearable with perfect play).

I did not talk about things too hard, I talked about imbalance and not consistent progression. I also said that bonus bosses are great idea to be more difficult than rest.

I do not want this to become Blood hunt discussion, this is discussed enough elsewhere :-) Anyway my opinion is that this fight is not starightforward but total RNG aoe craziness, no tactics, just random running and frustration.

Each to there own I guess, none of this concerns me not even one little bit.

Then don't reply to the thread.

I think all the ops points are valid and i agree that there are great ideas in the game but some were never developed and implemented correctly. Manaan is a wonderful area which deservers to be expanded and given more content.

Anyway my opinion is that this fight is not starightforward but total RNG aoe craziness, no tactics, just random running and frustration.

The first boss fight in Blood Hunt has some RNG AoE elements, but most of the fight is controllable through tactics. Tanks, when speced into the right ulilities and timing their abilities correctly, can totally prevent themselves from being knocked back by the boss.

The first two blue circles are random and further away from the boss. The third blue circle is always centered on each players' feet. Therefore, the team should stack on the boss in anticipation of the start of the blue circles and not move when then first two come out. They should then spread as the third circle is marked on each of them.

The only true RNG aspect to the fight is the positioning of the adds and the electric domes.

If you understand the fight mechanics, there are always tactics to employ.

Edited by Levram

This game's problems all stem from needing another year's development before launch and not reacting fast enough to server pop issues the first year. They lost too much talent too early and didn't have enough elder game and testing done before they did.

I don't think they have the budget or staff to fix it and at this point the suits are just focused on milking as much cash as they can from the cartel market.

It's a shame, I love the game, but it is what it is, the whole industry seems to keep making the same mistake too, not investing enough time into big releases before launch.

The game is actually quite good now, if it had launched in its current condition it would have been a huge success and the bugs/issues would have been easily resolved, but the playerbase isn't there now to support development.

I agree with a lot of your points, there's a ton of great content in the game that just isn't accessible or rewarding to play anymore, it would be great if they made solo and HM versions of all the FPs and scaled the old ops up too.

We should only reply when we agree with the OP?

No, but if you're not going to add something constructive to the discussion or advance the topic in some way, why post? Posts like "well it's not a problem for me!" adds nothing of value.

That said, I completely agree about the first issue and I encourage people to post about it until we get some kind of answer. It makes an entire aspect of the game unplayable for me.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8046373#post8046373

Then don't reply to the thread.

I think all the ops points are valid and i agree that there are great ideas in the game but some were never developed and implemented correctly. Manaan is a wonderful area which deservers to be expanded and given more content.

How can you agree that the HM FP's are both too easy and too hard? That makes no sense.

5) Abandoned good concpets - Matrix cube

Do you remeber what it is ? wasnt it great to assemble your own relic ? It is totally abandoned concept now ... It would be great to bring in a new matrix cube (equivalent to 192 relic maybe ? what would it hurt) It would draw people again to gather matrix shards and choose new relics...

Let's be clear, the Matrix cube was only ever good when there wasn't a secondary relic to equip. There was a period of time where PvP healers and dps had to use the matrix cube because there was no second relic they could use (bioware took away the USE: relics in PvP.)

For PvE, it was never good. There was always a USE relic or proc relic you could use in both slots.

While leveling? Collecting the shards while leveling just slows you down for little return. Today, we have the Rakghoul relic, 3 levels of which that you can buy twice. The extra endurance is nice and it's a huge presence buff for your companions.

Macrobinocular and Seeker droids missions - now only rarely done - and the final quests are interesting and fun enough to be transformed into FPs .. it is a pity they are lost and not repeatable.

BioWare address this. These were abandoned because of the sheer number of players that didn't complete it and don't do the GSI content in the game. There were the dailies/weeklies no one did before Oricon and then the dailies on Oricon no one did after.

6) Abandoned conquest and guildship and strongholds

Yes we have guildship, conquests, strongholds ... but for what ? For some guild it is good farm for mats that is all. Quite places, no interaction.

My guild uses it as a summoning portal and that's about it. I prefer my stronghold where everything I need is in 1 room. Guildships are too big and spread out and if I want to Roleplay, I'm on the wrong server for it.

Since start I have seen no world pvp based on commanders (maybe in first month not any more) - only farming. How about some table available on imperial fleet where you would see commanders under attack with possibility to teleport there and react quicker (for limited number of people) ? Or commander guarding qeue ?

There was supposed to be world pvp?

Guildship is nice, but it brings nearly no advantage. How about unlocking features based on unlocking guildship ? Like mission terminals, transport shuttles to planets all over the galaxy, bonus to crafting speed for guild members (a little) ? Make it worth building a flagship, make it interesting to people.

They don't want to see empty fleets.

Personal stronghold - totally quit, you have bonus to conquest, that is all - bring them also some utility, special crafting missions based on decoration mixture, bonus to presence (no influence on balance but can help in daily areas)

Players want housing, players were given housing.

7) Manaan - hell where there will be something more ? it is just one questing area ? come on ! :-D

Nope.

No, but if you're not going to add something constructive to the discussion or advance the topic in some way, why post? Posts like "well it's not a problem for me!" adds nothing of value.

They add balance. The experience that some things are not problematic for some people is still valuable information.

Posting simply to tell other people how little you care about the topic at hand, however, still makes me shake my head. There are an awful lot of bored people around who care so little that they can't help but advertise it...

Let's be clear, the Matrix cube was only ever good when there wasn't a secondary relic to equip. There was a period of time where PvP healers and dps had to use the matrix cube because there was no second relic they could use (bioware took away the USE: relics in PvP.)

For PvE, it was never good. There was always a USE relic or proc relic you could use in both slots.

While leveling? Collecting the shards while leveling just slows you down for little return. Today, we have the Rakghoul relic, 3 levels of which that you can buy twice. The extra endurance is nice and it's a huge presence buff for your companions.

BioWare address this. These were abandoned because of the sheer number of players that didn't complete it and don't do the GSI content in the game. There were the dailies/weeklies no one did before Oricon and then the dailies on Oricon no one did after.

My guild uses it as a summoning portal and that's about it. I prefer my stronghold where everything I need is in 1 room. Guildships are too big and spread out and if I want to Roleplay, I'm on the wrong server for it.

There was supposed to be world pvp?

They don't want to see empty fleets.

Players want housing, players were given housing.

Nope.

Thanks, you bring out some clear points :-) For Commanders, yes in livestream it was supposed to begin a new age of world pvp :-)

As for matrix cube ... I wanted to point out hat more options are always good and the concept is already there :-)

Nothing like struggling through PvP trying to get PvP gear, while simultaneously getting raged at by everyone because we don't have full PvP gear because we can't save up more than 2800 Warzone comms. Am I right?

Yes that is the point, I have witnessed many situations like ... why do you enter warzone with such low valor ? You are idiot, you have no pvp gear ... I understand that wearing PVE means imbalance and you are weak, but where the hell should one get it. Today concept of gar is annoying for both, PVP veterans and beginners.

Nothing like struggling through PvP trying to get PvP gear, while simultaneously getting raged at by everyone because we don't have full PvP gear because we can't save up more than 2800 Warzone comms. Am I right?

Yeah, that cap really does hurt things. It's an arbitrary number that should be changed to reflect the cost of a whole set of PvP gear. For those that don't know how to work around it.

If they do not re evaluate PVP,it's is going to hurt this game even more when Dice's new star wars game comes out this year and more info on the new open world star wars game visceral is working on comes out as well.

People do not want to gang fight and call it PVP. Also this whole expertise mess in order to PVP or this whole having to have PVP gear,the way they have gone about it is a mess and dumb.

I'm all for removing PVP gear and expertise from the game period.

Having to do two Gear Grinds ,one for PVE and one for PVP just seems counter productive.

Let me ask every one here......Who remembers anybody from any star wars movie or story line or book having to change armors/weapons because he or she was PVPing or PVEing?

As you can tell I don't like the PVP system in this game.It is why I do not participate in it at all.

I think your idea needs some work before it would be possible. If there were no PVP gear, then players who run the highest levels of PVE content and have access to the best PVE gear end up having an edge in PVP that ends up making gear > skill. I'll agree that the PVP gear system needs some work, but I can't imagine a better system that allows a player who does not play PVE Nightmare Operations a chance to be competitive.

Even if equivalent gear is made available for PVP players to purchase with warzone comms, then you end up making SM and HM level Operations gear obsolete and PVE players will begin feeling pushed into PVP warzones to get gear that is better than what they can get in PVE content they can complete.

Separate gear for PVP and PVE allows a player to choose the content they want to play and remain competitive without having to feel forced into content they do not want to play. I don't see a way around this that could work if PVP gear were removed.

I think your idea needs some work before it would be possible. If there were no PVP gear, then players who run the highest levels of PVE content and have access to the best PVE gear end up having an edge in PVP that ends up making gear > skill. I'll agree that the PVP gear system needs some work, but I can't imagine a better system that allows a player who does not play PVE Nightmare Operations a chance to be competitive.

Even if equivalent gear is made available for PVP players to purchase with warzone comms, then you end up making SM and HM level Operations gear obsolete and PVE players will begin feeling pushed into PVP warzones to get gear that is better than what they can get in PVE content they can complete.

Separate gear for PVP and PVE allows a player to choose the content they want to play and remain competitive without having to feel forced into content they do not want to play. I don't see a way around this that could work if PVP gear were removed.

Bolster could be adjusted so that every x class at x level has effectively the same stats. Then PvP gear would be redundant.

PvP should not be about gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.