Fix "Assault on Tython"

Catholicc

So make it more difficult than it already is. Oh thats a wonderful idea. There is barely any people who even want to step foot in there to begin with. Now its people like you, that want to make it insanely difficult. If that happens, no one will run it. I have ran that place 7 times now and can never kill the first boss. And most of the time, the groups break up before the run even begins.

Make it so the boss resets when you leave the platform.

You fixed "Depths of Manaan," now fix this.

I don't like it when people insist on cheating and not playing it the way it was intended.

Cheesing and Cheating are 2 different things. By extension of your logic using hydraulic overrides in the Revan fight to negate certain mechanics before the patch fix would be cheating. Also it's not like these HM fps have anything valuable to make me want to run them. Throw in some decos and maybe I will do them more than once a week. (And yes I've cleared all of them the non cheese way)

Edited by FerkWork

Make it so the boss resets when you leave the platform.

You fixed "Depths of Manaan," now fix this.

I don't like it when people insist on cheating and not playing it the way it was intended.

how do you know thats not by design?

Moving to safety

I DO NOT utilize exploits but this one doesn't feel or behave like an exploit as if you move couple more steps the fight does reset. The moving out of AOE damage range is VERY precise and many players still get caught even trying to make the tactic work.

Now I can not really say if its by design or if it just ended up this way, but which ever its a TACTIC/Strategy, not a exploit that requires fixing.

The fight is still VERY difficult for a Flashpoint and even doing it requires precise and accurate movements as a unit (must be working together as a cohesive unit)

Sorry if the strategy is more then just standing there mindlessly and bashing on thing.

I can see how movement and working together might befuddle players like yourself.

Personally I like that there is more to that fight then just stationary damage and healing.

Nothing needs to be fixed in this flashpoint.

I wasn't aware that there was a work around for this fight. Can someone share the details with me? What happens when you leave the platform? Can you just stand at the bottom & DPS the boss then? What happens to the adds?

Basically, all four players stand atop the steps, tank on the other side of the boss, opposite of the steps to keep the explosions away from the group.

Once the adds show in their respective corners, all four run down the steps, roughly thirty seconds later, the adds start coming down the steps, the entire group immediately runs back up there, kills the adds, then back on boss. Rinse repeat until the boss is dead.

Cheesy as hell, but very effective, especially for under-geared players and for those that don't understand the mechanics.

This still does work by the way, I was on my healer last night and that's how the group wanted to run it.

Edited by Pirana

Basically, all four players stand atop the steps, tank on the other side of the boss, opposite of the steps to keep the explosions away from the group.

Once the adds show in their respective corners, all four run down the steps, roughly thirty seconds later, the adds start coming down the steps, the entire group immediately runs back up there, kills the adds, then back on boss. Rinse repeat until the boss is dead.

Cheesy as hell, but very effective, especially for under-geared players and for those that don't understand the mechanics.

This still does work by the way, I was on my healer last night and that's how the group wanted to run it.

Still not as bad as the stuff you can do in Bethesda games. What's that death claw npc can't jump? Aww well I'll just stand on this rock and shoot you with a BB gun.

Devs are working. This was fixed, which I love. Move outside of the platform, expect the aoe. About time.

Silent fix for those that care.

Edited by Pirana