Pver's and RANKED warzone matches

Ranautus

Is there a particular reason that pver's feel that it is ok to qeue for ranks without at least having Exhumed Gear? I mean I would like to understand this. I qeued ranked all pre season would have to wait hours sometimes to get a pop for ranked. Nothing but good quality pvp during pre-season not a pve gear wearer insight.

Rank season launches all the hard work I put into getting my gear to actually compete gets crapped on because I get into matches where people have 1500, 880, sometimes 400 expertise rating. What do you really think you are going to accomplish? You're not only making yourself look bad you are ruining the fun for everyone else because the other 3 people on your team are forced to try and carry you.

Would it be wrong to implement some sort of expertise read system for ranked? Like you have to have x amount of expertise in order to partake in ranked wzs. No having the top end gear but at least matching the 2018 needed to not get blown up if someone just looks your way.

We real pvpers deal with this in regs and I turn a blind eye because its regs who cares. But ranked shouldn't be like this. People play this game all for a purpose whether its to pve or pvp. You wont see a pve group taking in a player wearing pvp gear. I mean it happens yes, but not so frequently. They have control of this. Why shouldn't we have control of who partakes in solo ranked qeue?

Just a curious pvper is all.

Requiring 2018 expertise for ranked is something that we all would like, except for BW. EM has said that basically they don't want to limit participation in ranked. Requiring expertise would put up a barrier to some and they would simply not participate rather than go and grind gear (of course, many of us would consider this a good thing).

Reading between the lines a bit, I tend to think that they rate the success of ranked by the number of participants. Toss as many zerglings as possible at it and viola - success!!

Requiring 2018 expertise for ranked is something that we all would like, except for BW. EM has said that basically they don't want to limit participation in ranked. Requiring expertise would put up a barrier to some and they would simply not participate rather than go and grind gear (of course, many of us would consider this a good thing).

Reading between the lines a bit, I tend to think that they rate the success of ranked by the number of participants. Toss as many zerglings as possible at it and viola - success!!

But that's stupid because you can easily get 2018 expertise with PVE gear if you try... It's just Bio being lazy... Would we want people in PVE gear in ranked with 2018 expertise... Probably not... But it is a hell of a lot better than someone with 400 expertise and full end game PVE armor...

But that's stupid because you can easily get 2018 expertise with PVE gear if you try... It's just Bio being lazy... Would we want people in PVE gear in ranked with 2018 expertise... Probably not... But it is a hell of a lot better than someone with 400 expertise and full end game PVE armor...

Yeah, but one of the reasons why they got rid of the whole concept of recruit gear is because people were too lazy/ignorant to equip it. So, even handing them a gear set and saying "here, put this on" is too much of a barrier to getting into ranked in BW's eyes it would seem. Some people like their character's appearance and do not want to have to change that for warzones.

This is why I am convinced it's all about the numbers. I'm wondering if their bosses just want to see a large number of participants, don't care about anything else. Quantity >>>> quality.

This is 100% accurate on all accounts.

I think this is true, however, in total, there are 7807 participants across all US servers in yolo, and a whopping 900 in group ranked.

hardly the definition of success.

What I'd be curious to know is how many of those that did queue, queued with less than 2018 expertise. And from there, what the breakdown on numbers would be, ie of those that did, how many were less than 1k expertise, 1000-1500, 1501-2000.

This is bolster's fault.

The majority of people on harbringer that don't queue as a group won't have 2018 expertise. It's pretty rare that you even get a match where half the people are in full expertise. Bolster is confusing. A normal player is going to assume that their leveling gear/higher item level is better than low level blues for pvp while they try and gain their pvp sets. And why shouldn't they?

Bolster needs to work on all gear. Lowering and raising stats to the same item level just under the first tier of pvp gear. They also need to remove expertise from all gear and give every character 2018 baseline. Copy wow. The system works.

gear it's a factor you cannot ignore, because it keeps people grinding, makes average players with a lot of time shine and gives a better tool to slaughter scrubs for the more dedicated ones.

allowing people to que without 2018 is the most open minded thing BW can do, personally i think they should stop the rating loss of those with 2018 aswell as the rating gain of someone queuing without 2018 exp in the same match, they'd keep valor and comms but it wouldn't be a frustrating match for those who took effort to gear their toon, it would demotivate the trolls and keep the maximum number of players q'ing.

also the game should REALLY explain bolster with a tutorial, give warnings if you are bolstering ''bad'' (endgame pve gear)

I would love to see BW give up on the "Ranked is for EVERYONE!" mentality. It has a disastrous impact on the competitive quality of Endgame PvP matches, especially considering BW's matchmaking system doesn't even work most of the time.

Both Yolo and Grouped are highly competitive endgame activities. There should be an Expertise gear check in place before a player can participate in Endgame PvP, just like there are gear requirements to participate and be successful in Endgame PvE.

I think this is true, however, in total, there are 7807 participants across all US servers in yolo, and a whopping 900 in group ranked.

What I'd be curious to know is how many of those that did queue, queued with less than 2018 expertise. And from there, what the breakdown on numbers would be, ie of those that did, how many were less than 1k expertise, 1000-1500, 1501-2000.

I don't know for sure, but judging by the number of participants in previous seasons, I'm wondering if about half or more than half of all ranked participants do not play a single match until the rewards are announced towards the end of the season. I think that the bulk of the sub-2018 expertise zergs are yet to come. :(

At what other posters have, its probably why they chose to leave the expertise intact for the older pvp gear, which by the way I did not have an issue with. By leaving the old expertise intact on the older gear, hope to gain more players in ranked.

So lets break it down. Pvers are a entitled bunch, and this is where the problems begin. If they were say give everyone a base 2018 expertise whenever someone pvps, how be it world or warzone, then they would have raise the pvp gear to the level of pve gear stat wise. Tier one would have to be at the level of mid range pve gear and rank pvp gear would have to be as good as top tier pve gear. Then the entitlement complaints start. The forums would explode with pvers ************ up a storm because pvpers stats are equal to their own. Their reasoning being that pvp is easy. The funny thing is if you ever talk to a pver about pvp they seem to think you win all the time in pvp, so getting pvp gear is easy. They have no tolerance or respect for pvp players.

My point is I wish Bioware would jsut give the pve players the middle finger on this subject one way or the other. If they dont have 2018 expertise they cant qu for ranked. The other option being is the above for mentioned one they give everyone 2018 base expertise when every pvping and crank up the pvp gear stats to equal the pve gear stats.

Either way I highly doubt anything will happen, in the mmo world pvpers nothing but well lets just say nothing pleasant, to be stepped on whenever possible. This being my opinion.

erm...no. cut that number at least in half. there are 7807 toons. definitely not 7807 participants.

Just gonna say, ranked comms don't mean anything if you don't have reg gear first.

So you really have to either enjoy getting globalled, or are an idiot.

If anyone can propose a third option, I would be really curious.

rofl

well said.

You lost me at the "we real PvP'ers," tbh. I play both but mostly PvE but I'm not gonna q ranked without full expertise at least but I hear all the time that the "real" PvP'ers q group ranked:rak_02:

This is somewhat true I will admit. Or can say Hardcore pvper's lol. But I guess what I mean is for those of us who do pvp daily. I also do pve, but Whatever I do I always try to make sure I have the gear and knowledge to do so.

I would love to see BW give up on the "Ranked is for EVERYONE!" mentality. It has a disastrous impact on the competitive quality of Endgame PvP matches, especially considering BW's matchmaking system doesn't even work most of the time.

Both Yolo and Grouped are highly competitive endgame activities. There should be an Expertise gear check in place before a player can participate in Endgame PvP, just like there are gear requirements to participate and be successful in Endgame PvE.

That's what I'm talking about. The competitive players need to be able to qeue and play without have to play lets avoid the trollers. I understand that everyone wants their freedom and wants to be able to participate in things, but if you are going to participate you should put fourth the effort in doing so.

Just gonna say, ranked comms don't mean anything if you don't have reg gear first.

Thank you Zet. This is what I mean. Why would you want to run around getting rofl stomped? You know that there is gear specific to each objective of this game. Why not gear appropriately and make things easier for everyone. Now mind you gear is just a supporting factor. Skill also comes into play here, but I am hoping that even the base of players that qeue at least know there class and how to play it.

Exactly....

And How about some quality over quantity

Just copy paste GW2's Instanced and ranked pvp gear system.

Subgeared people in ranked PvP is like a guy joining a OPS group, purposefully wiping at all encounters and then locking the group to that instance so they are not able to play it again until the reset time.

Or a random guy forming a OPS group, sending ALL the loot to himself and expecting everyone in the group to complete the OPS for him.

If these things would get you mad, perhaps next time sign in with 2018 expertise.

So lets break it down. Pvers are a entitled bunch, and this is where the problems begin.

My point is I wish Bioware would jsut give the pve players the middle finger on this subject one way or the other. If they dont have 2018 expertise they cant qu for ranked.

This being my opinion.

Yes us Pvers are an entitled bunch, we que for pvp from time to time for a laugh and to have some fun. If bioware gave us Pvers the middle finger well say goodbye to pvp. How about this if you have expertise on your gear you can't que for fp's or ops, or even walk into them cause you know your gear has a useless stat on it.

So you can have it one way and let us Pvers have our fun from time to time or you can be locked out of all pve content ( in your pvp gear ) and we can be locked out of pvp content ( which most of us would not give a rats *** about ).

So which way would you rather have it, everyone can do all content in any gear or if you don't have the correct gear you can't walk or group up for the content.

I choose the former.

Yes I know I am going to get flamed but I don't care.

But that is just my opinion.

Edited by Rognus

Yes us Pvers are an entitled bunch, we que for pvp from time to time for a laugh and to have some fun. If bioware gave us Pvers the middle finger well say goodbye to pvp. How about this if you have expertise on your gear you can't que for fp's or ops, or even walk into them cause you know your gear has a useless stat on it.

So you can have it one way and let us Pvers have our fun from time to time or you can be locked out of all pve content ( in your pvp gear ) and we can be locked out of pvp content ( which most of us would not give a rats *** about ).

So which way would you rather have it, everyone can do all content in any gear or if you don't have the correct gear you can't walk or group up for the content.

I choose the former.

Yes I know I am going to get flamed but I don't care.

But that is just my opinion.

One of the dumber posts I've read on this forum, and that is saying a lot.

PVP gear has every stat component pve gear does. If the armor rating is the appropriate level, there is no reason PVP gear isn't viable in PVE content.

PVE gear is lacking the most essential stat needed for PVP: expertise. If you have gear that doesn't bolster to max expertise you are severely gimping yourself and your team.

It's like comparing apples to gym shoes. Please avoid posting in the pvp forums. You are clueless, amigo.

Pve players can join ranked with pve gear but pvp players will never NEVER be allowed to join a raid with pvp gear.

Do you have afker during a raid? No

Do you have ungeared players on a nightmare raid? No

Do you have players that s just come to do nothing on a nightmare raid? No

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.