Newbie Guardian Help - Focus or Vigilance for PvE?

Junjo

So I've been told repeatedly in game that Focus just can't stack up to Vigilance at all in end game HM or NiM raids. Now, I like the rotation of Focus and the bursty-ness of it, it's quite fun. But obviously, I don't want to be a handicap to any raid group I enter just by spec choice.

All that said, I've seen plenty of parses and even done a bit myself, where Focus stacks up just fine. But what I keep hearing is that it's not as sustainable as Vig and I'll never find a raid group that'll take me in Focus.

So basically, is what I'm hearing true? And if so, can anyone provide a bit of reasoning behind it, other than "Focus sucks"?

I really don't want to waste my time building up muscle memory for a Focus rotation if Vig is just flat out better.

Tyvm for any feedback provided!

xoxo,

-Alecx

So I've been told repeatedly in game that Focus just can't stack up to Vigilance at all in end game HM or NiM raids. Now, I like the rotation of Focus and the bursty-ness of it, it's quite fun. But obviously, I don't want to be a handicap to any raid group I enter just by spec choice.

All that said, I've seen plenty of parses and even done a bit myself, where Focus stacks up just fine. But what I keep hearing is that it's not as sustainable as Vig and I'll never find a raid group that'll take me in Focus.

So basically, is what I'm hearing true? And if so, can anyone provide a bit of reasoning behind it, other than "Focus sucks"?

I really don't want to waste my time building up muscle memory for a Focus rotation if Vig is just flat out better.

Tyvm for any feedback provided!

xoxo,

-Alecx

Focus for leveling up until level 40 to 41, at which point you can go Vigilance or you can continue on as a Focus spec.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=796352

I have a list to help you a little. Focus/Rage allows you to fights early with spike damage, however you are relying heavily on maximization of your damage than damage output.

Edited by adproduction

Vigilance isn't flat out better. Focus is fine for all of the fights except I think Revan. You are probably looking at past threads about how crappy Focus was. It's better now that Focused Burst and Concentrated Slice are in the equation. The raw Burst that Focus has is very helpful for bringing down adds ASAP, so it can excel at Underlurker, Torque, Malaphar The Savage, and Sparky. And it has great mobility with Zealous Leap and Force Leap, allowing for the ability to keep Force Charge off CD, and use Zealous Leap, then when you need to switch targets at a longer distance, you can use Force Charge. Both specs are good, neither will top the charts ATM, but they are both good specs. You will want a gaming mouse or extra keybinds, as all of your main attack skills will not fit on one hotbar, unless you don't like having your Out of Combat Regen ability on = and an actual attack on =.

Main Skills

Focused Burst/Force Sweep (Use Sweep in AOE conditions only)

Saber Throw (4/6 Piece PvE Set Bonus)

Sundering Strike

Force Exhaustion

Combat Focus

Zealous Leap

Master Strike (can fill with 2 Slashes if you need mobility)

Blade Storm

Concentrated Slice

Riposte

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.