Can we do something about Jakarro on HM Rakata Prime?

First off, let me start out by saying that Rakata Prime is my favorite HM Flashpoint. Every time it pops I think, "Thank God it isn't Manaan" (oh how I hate Manaan). Also note, I have beaten all the HM Flashpoints (except the 2 new ones, which I haven't had a chance to run yet), and, so long as I get in with a decent group, usually don't have any problem beating them.

That said, today I ran HMRP twice with my healer, and both times, Jakarro caused issues. You see, he's the noob in the crowd who doesn't understand the Blue circle mechanic, and even when the group does understand it, things can go wrong.

In my first run (I'm a sage healer), I was standing back from the crowd healing and such, and everything was going well. Then Jakarro gets a blue circle and starts attacking Darok (the trooper). In the space if less than a second, Darok, pulls me in with his rope, hits me with a blue circle, and BAM, I'm dead. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it. We end up wiping an otherwise perfectly good run, but do get it on the second try.

Later, same healer, different group, we run it again. This time, it happens to one of the DPS. Fortunately, I was able to BRez him and we were able to finish the fight, but it's still annoying.

What makes this bad is both the combination of Jakarro getting blue circled while being uncontrollable and the unstoppable snare move immediately followed by the blue circle. To me I see a couple of ways of fixing this.

1. Remove Jakarro from the fight altogether. Hey, this is HM, right? A good group should be able to beat this fight without him (I'm not even sure how helpful he even is).

2. Keep Jakarro in, but make so that only players can get the blue circle and Jakarro can't.

3. Add a condition that says players can't be blue-circled for 5 secs after being snared. This would give them plenty of time to escape before being blue-circled.

And just to re-iterate for the elitist/"l2p" crowd: I have nothing against the blue circle mechanic in this fight, understand how it works, and don't want it removed. I am just saying there are certain circumstances where even players who know about it and know how to avoid it can do nothing to avoid having it happen to them.

And it's always Jakarro's fault! The Jerk! :p:D

This is on the final bosses of Rakata Prime (Darok and Arkous (The trooper and sith)). During this fight, the NPC Jakarro "helps" by joining in on the battle. He is not meant to be a weakling or anything that needs to be helped... I'm pretty sure he can't even be killed. Now, I normally wouldn't care, except for the blue-circle mechanic involved in the fight.

In it, both Darok and Arkous will cast a large blue circle over random party members and also Jakarro. If these two blue circles are brought together, it will trigger an explosion that will one-shot a person, even if they're at full health. (Note: in tactical, it doesn't do nearly as much damage, but in HM it's devastating). Again, most people know and understand this mechanic, and it's pretty easy to avoid dying.

However, the problem comes from the fact that Jakarro can also get this blue circle, and doesn't behave like most people do when they get it: back away from the rest of the group until it is gone. Instead, he just stands next to whomever he's attacking and continues to attack. And even that wouldn't be that big of a deal, except:

Both bosses have an ensnare move that cannot be avoided or interrupted, which will immediately bring you right next to them. Furthermore, they'll sometimes follow this move by immediately casting the blue circle on you. So, when Jakarro is standing there fighting the boss with a blue circle and you're pulled in and blue circled, you will die. Immediately. And there isn't anything you can do to avoid it or mitigate it's effects. The tank can't taunt it away because this is done independent of hate/aggro (Darok can't even be taunted anyways). So, in effect, there is always a chance, while both bosses are still alive, that you could be potentially one-shotted at any time and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I have only done this fp solo mode, and I don't have a sage/sorc, so my question/suggestion my be impossible and completely impractical.

That said, could a sorc/sage do their rescue pull to jakarro when he gets the circle, thereby saving the death?

Again, I don't know the cd on the ability or if npc's can be targeted. I don't know how often the circles are cast or how long they last.

Again, maybe a horrible suggestion. Is it possible, though?

That said, could a sorc/sage do their rescue pull to jakarro when he gets the circle, thereby saving the death?

Again, I don't know the cd on the ability or if npc's can be targeted. I don't know how often the circles are cast or how long they last.

Again, maybe a horrible suggestion. Is it possible, though?

Rescue doesn't work on Jakarro. It it would, I guess Jakarro would head back to the boss he was pulled from.

Also its cooldown would be much longer than the circle recast delay.

I've only done this fight as mele, but have you tested if the boss's pull mechanic functions like player pull mechanics: i.e. it has a minimum distance requirement?

If so the optimal play would be to stand close (to prevent pull), but not too close (to prevent overlapping blue circles).

I've only done this fight as mele, but have you tested if the boss's pull mechanic functions like player pull mechanics: i.e. it has a minimum distance requirement?

If so the optimal play would be to stand close (to prevent pull), but not too close (to prevent overlapping blue circles).

There is no min/max distance, from what I've seen. The only way I've found to prevent the pull + circle instadeath combo is the following:

1) Stealth out to remove any blue circle put on you (if you are Operative/Assassin).

2) If you don't have the luck of being a stealther, stand behind the railing of the stairs going up to the nearby statue. This will block Darok's pull.

I was going to make a post about this. I have no idea why they put Jakarro in a HM FP. He is totally useless, unless for some reason your tank die. It just drags out the fight to infinity.

I did it yesterday and we had a few wipes because Darok keeps pulling the healer and good ole Jakarro's circle overlaps and inta kill.

And to think Rakata Prime was my favorite HM FP (until you get a healer who doesn't know how to cleanse :D )

I was going to make a post about this. I have no idea why they put Jakarro in a HM FP. He is totally useless, unless for some reason your tank die. It just drags out the fight to infinity.

I did it yesterday and we had a few wipes because Darok keeps pulling the healer and good ole Jakarro's circle overlaps and inta kill.

And to think Rakata Prime was my favorite HM FP (until you get a healer who doesn't know how to cleanse :D )

I did this again last night. Everyone stayed within 10m, nobody got pulled except when I purposefully stepped outside 10m to test (Pull+choke). Nobody died. N=1 but seems like the pull mechanic forces you to stay close but not too close.

I did this again last night. Everyone stayed within 10m, nobody got pulled except when I purposefully stepped outside 10m to test (Pull+choke). Nobody died. N=1 but seems like the pull mechanic forces you to stay close but not too close.

Well there were 3 melee and one ranged (Sorcerer healer). I had to be spamming creeping terror. But I will take Rakata prime and Korriban Incursion any day over the other FPs.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.